Why the Flood of Illegal Aliens

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by PatrickT, Jul 29, 2014.

?

Why the Flood Now?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2014.
  1. An Open Invitation from liberals

100.0%
  2. Other mysterious cause

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

We've always had people crossing our southern border to work but recently it turned into a flood. The question obviously is why? There have been times when countries in Central America, such as Nicaragua, were actually at war and we didn't have a problem of the current magnitude. Poverty in Central America has always been a problem so that's not only nothing new but poverty has been dropping in many countries.

So, why are we suddenly having this invasion? Is it because of the liberals promsing amnesty to illegals in the U.S. that made people feel an urgent need to get here now? Is it because liberal politicians are saying there shouldn't even be a border and we should open our doors to everyone? Is it because our Attorney General says foreign nationals have a human right to come here?

Or, is it some other mysterious cause?

2. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Have they "promised" amnesty?

3. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

What difference does it make, Margot. President Obama promised repeatedly that if you like your insurance you could keep your insurance. He was lying, wasn't he? So, whether he promised or not is irrelevant. The people coming north think he promised. I think he promised amnesty, too, but I know how he lies.

So, Margot, why does a good progressive Democrat think these young people are suddenly coming north?

4. SkullKrusher

SkullKrusher Banned

They want to get in now, before another Ronald Reagan gets elected and uh.. I mean another Jimmy Carter.. uh, well, another 3rd party candidate who might have more restrictions on entrance to America if from the other Americas.

5. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I think it is just a matter of time before there is no longer a border between USA and Mexico. As for a mysterious cause, I'm sure the powers that be have their reasons. But, they aren't about to tell us.

6. ConservativeJuda

ConservativeJuda New Member

Simply because they know Obama won't do anything. Same goes for all Democratic Presidents.

Really. Not trying to be rude, he really hasn't done anything or overall changed the outcome.

7. sunnyside

sunnyside Well-Known Member

There are two factors to the current flood of minors.

The first is major gang wars/takeovers in a number of countries. Things are really really bad in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras right now.

The second is a weird interplay of laws and enforcement. There was a bipartisan law saying that minors from a host of coutries (including the three above, but excluding Mexico) that are caught need to have a court hearing before being sent home, this was mean to break up the illegal sex trade. The issue was that the court system for this was way underfunded, so there was a huge backlog, during which the children could stay in the US.

There were also some laws passed and expanded meant to help abused, abandoned, and neglected children which gives them a path to permanent residence. Which, being sent over without their parents, apply to many of these kids. I don't know the laws well, but there are others with somewhat similar effects.

Anyway word has gotten around and now we have a flood of minors.

8. Turin

Turin Well-Known Member

ITs actually not that complicated of a reason. But I choose not to vote in your poll because the option I would choose doesnt exist.

Obama signed a law stating that all the children still in the USA PRIOR to 2007 can remain. This was due to a massive backlog of cases in the court system because ( as someone mentioned in a previous post ) the courts wre vastly understaffed.

However, people who deal in human traffic operations, are basically just lying to everyone saying that the law here states that any child who gets in can stay.

People who are desperate to leave areas of the world that are being rocked by upheaval are desperate. They will take any chance to save their children. So they are sending them all here.

Basically, its just trafficers lying to a mass of desperate people in an attempt to reap the profits.

9. WanRen

WanRen New Member Past Donor

The issue why there is a flood of illegals are:
    1. Foreigners sees the dysfunctional and extreme division in the US government nothing is getting done
    2. Businesses both liberals and conservatives hire illegals
    3. Another form of out sourcing either bring the job to them or bring them over here
    4. Broken immigration policy
    5. NAFTA

10. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

When Obama instituted DACA I think it gave the impression that the current administration was open to amnesty, so it became a matter of just getting in under the wire for whatever time limit the next amnesty has.