A Moment of Honesty

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by upside-down cake, Aug 2, 2014.

1. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

You know what pisses me off?

After decades of murder and oppression by an aggressive, oppressive people, when the abused people finally get autonomy they are told that this should settle things and we should forget about violence- that we should look to peace. You know how freaking horrible that is? That's like saying, "Yeah, I raped you in the past, over and over again, and you gave me some scratches, but that's in the past now and I decided to let you at least live your life. So let's not have any bad feelings between neighbors :)"

(*)(*)(*)(*) YOU. I can understand why Israel wants them suppressed now. You beat and abuse people long enough and they'll want to murder you in your sleep. The same reasoning was used for Blacks in America before they were set free. South plantation owners had recognized- much like the Spartans recognized in their helots- that these people must never be set freed or they would rise up and kill them. (at least, that's the common fear) All those families torn apart by these people. The lives lost from the lack of food, water, medication, dignity...and they are supposed to accept Israel and get along, and we're supposed to believe that Israel treats them well right after, just like that. Let's not forget that their "nation" consists of a fragment of a very small Israel. Two disjointed fragments at best, separated by Israel. PLEASE. I live in the US and they ran the same garbage by Black people and Native Americans, if...you...can...find...any.

It sounds extreme, but hey, you throw a boomerang, the bastards deserve to be hit in the back of the head. Just like people declare how you have the right to shoot invaders to your home, and definitely that you have the right to be protected from invasion in the first place by law, where was the law when Palestine was invaded? The law was biased and corrupt and facilitated the invasion of Jews into Palestines homeland. Where is the justice of defense of one's home? Why do we epitomize now with the invaders rather than the defenders? Why do we let them call the home they invaded theirs and give them the right of defense, but not the people who needed defending? Listen to Hannity, this pig of a man...

[video=youtube;G1m5xrlBHRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1m5xrlBHRs[/video]

They don't even get fair representation. But then look at this...

[video=youtube;_tsT7qToIH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tsT7qToIH0[/video]

Here, the man is being derided for his answer. Why? Would I want to co-exist with a nation that kills my children...my family...my friends with impugnity? Who can walk into my quarantined land that they blockade and take whoever they want whenever they want while access to their land is only admitted under the most controlled conditions, perhaps, on the planet? They have laws in Israel that say Jews cannot marry Palestinians and people are asking this man if it is Palestine that can get along with Israel? Hell no can you tell people to just swallow that injustice. Years and years of degredation and atrocity. Americans declared war on Britain for less. War. Black people had to march against the law for something similar, but not as severe. South American's had something even more similar and when all countries in the world began to boycott South Africa for it's apartheid nation, guess who took up the good business? Israel. And people are looking at the victims like they are the vampires. And when the victim finally gets even a whiff of freedom, he's looked on like some past criminal..."Don't start trouble with Israel, they're good citizens that gave you your freedom."

It's like the world takes its information standing on its head till the point where you've got so called defenders of the right to self defense praising the indiscriminate slaughter of innocent men, women, and children. Isn't it odd how you've not seen one terrorist yet. One. Where the hell are they? All this bombing...how many terrorists? We've claimed to have found terrorist cellars and shields and tunnels (by the way, in a space as small as Gaza with no formal military, no bases, are those tunnels offensive in nature or typical of castle-like, commonly besieged structures where- under duress- people can escape in safety? But when you control the media, you get to name things what you want. And if someone says anything else, they are terrorist sympathiers...go figure)

You know why people hate Israel so much? Because of this kind of sustained, flagrant injustice. The same outrage Black Americans had in America, or Central Americans and South Americans have with the westernized businesses that extort them. The same types of outrage that made colonists rebel against their invaders. We're taught to honor Rome, and you can see eyes pop in wonder as people view the empire built on the blood of hundreds of thousands of people for the prosperity of it's own people. But that's honorable and we seem to share an affinity with that sort of world outlook, clearly. All is excusable in the name of progress. Our progress.

2. MVictorP

MVictorP Well-Known Member

I really worry about the state of public medias in the XXIth century.

What's the deal about listening to a nwes outfit that will, quite overtly, give you only one side of the medal? That's one thing to have an editorial bias, which will use well-known journalistic tricks to put a brighter light on the owner-favored position, but the key word here is "subtlety". When you do it obvious like these buffoons do, where's the professional credibility?

The hannity bit you posted should be shown in early journalistic class as an exemple of anti-journalism, or dis-information. Such news would be okay in the entertainment part of the WWF, but to actually present this as a news channel... It's flabbergasting.

Is it like that in all of the Anglosphere?

3. smevins

smevins New Member

Israel is carrying out illegal human rights violations. They are intentionally violating the 4th Geneva Convention as a matter of military strategy. There is a divide between what the Israeli police have said and what the government is saying via its propaganda. There is no credibility of Israel's part. I don't like either side in this fight, but on this particular episode of the Neverending Story, Israel is the aggressor. and their tactics are unpardonable.