Greenwald: US Intelligence Supports Israeli Attacks

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by upside-down cake, Aug 6, 2014.

1. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;HMuxNOtNL9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMuxNOtNL9Q[/video]

I KNEW it...

The fact that the US supplies intelligence and logistical support to Israel, to me, was not a surprise. It's like having the long-held suspicion that whales eat fish validated.

What really surprised me about this was the revelation of the duality that exists between the US and Israel. How they present a front of being allies and partners and how the US shows unequivocal support for Israel on the surface, BUT there seemed to be a deeper, antagonistic relationship between the two. I had opened a thread expressing my opinions, but now they seem to be fact. And it really makes me wonder when I try to put this all together in my head why does the US support Israel so much and yet at the same time Israel is considered one of the prominent threats to both the US and stability in the region.

I...freakin...knew it.

2. DrewBedson

DrewBedson Active Member

Imagine, sharing intel against terrorists like 99.99% of the rest of the world does. Golly, the horror.

[qute]What really surprised me about this was the revelation of the duality that exists between the US and Israel. How they present a front of being allies and partners and how the US shows unequivocal support for Israel on the surface, BUT there seemed to be a deeper, antagonistic relationship between the two. I had opened a thread expressing my opinions, but now they seem to be fact. And it really makes me wonder when I try to put this all together in my head why does the US support Israel so much and yet at the same time Israel is considered one of the prominent threats to both the US and stability in the region.

I...freakin...knew it.[/QUOTE]

Aid to Israel benefits everybody Palestinians included as it amounts to about 3% of the Israeli GDP with spending conditions that benefit the US as a return in exchange for first class intelligence, state of the art weapons and computer improvements and equipment, battle test weapons systems, an entire front in the ME that doesn't require a complex of set defense agreements with blowback potential or a carrier group to sit outside it's borders threatening it for fear of causing regional strife and providing what Haig said was "Israel is the largest American aircraft carrier in the world that cannot be sunk, does not carry even one American soldier, and is located in a critical region for American national security." and in return, Israel has to allow the US to place a collar on it so it can't do what it wants to do and defend itself properly.

Without the US placing a muzzle on Israel the Palestinians would have been given no other option than to make peace as their capability to make war would be non existent as their supporters would be long dead.

In short, glad you woke up! Israel benefits everybody especially the US.:clapping:

3. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

The only thing you managed to say was that Israel is the Death Star of the US...and everyone benefits.

Obviously not.

4. DrewBedson

DrewBedson Active Member

Yes, being a bulwark against Islamo terrorism is a bad thing. I understood that from you and others here on these very forums a long time ago.