Rape victim denied abortion, forcibly hydrated and made to carry Fetus to viability.

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by ryanm34, Aug 17, 2014.

1. ryanm34

ryanm34 New Member

So yeah this is Ireland in the twenty first century. This is what happens when you give the unborn rights.

Discover Ireland.

Céad Míle Violations.

2. Mr. Swedish Guy

Mr. Swedish Guy New Member

What the hell are the irish even doing in europe? Toss them into the atlantic I say!

3. ryanm34

ryanm34 New Member

HEY! Our government is (*)(*)(*)(*)ty and our constitution is downright appalling but some of us are trying to change things.

Don't throw us our help us!

4. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

This is what happens when you allow religion to govern the lawmakers.

5. ryanm34

ryanm34 New Member

It is now being reported she first asked for an abortion at 8 weeks, she was told she would have to travel to England and on being told it would cost 1,500 at least she became suicidal. No one seems to have explained that suicidality was a grounds for an abortion and at week 16 she was interupted in a suicide attempt at which point the HSE was notified of concerns for her health.

Eventually she was put in contact with a family friend in ireland who got her to a GP who refered her on to hospital

When she was told by the the doctors it was too late in the pregnancy she stoped eating they got a court order to hydrate her, she claims it wasn't enforced but an obstetrician came to her and told her they would perform an abortion but she needed to be strong to go through it so she ate.

Then she was told it would have to be a delivery they sought a court order to compel one but she consented (I don't know how real consent will be when you are being told if you don't consent we will get a court order compelling it but anyway)

Baby born at 25 weeks. 80% chance of learning difficulties high probability of long term respiratory problems.

This whole thing is so unbelievably horrific. By the time she was admitted nothing else could be done but delivery but its so horrific.

The unborn child had a legal team.

6. munter

munter New Member

why didn't she just use contraception in the first place?

7. Fugazi

I'm hoping your comment is made in a sarcastic manner, otherwise it shows you didn't read the OP.

8. munter

munter New Member

I am referring to the 'morning after' pill - how come she didn't use that?

9. ryanm34

ryanm34 New Member

I am sorry if the rape victim who was assalted in attack in which many were killed didn't pop into local pharmacy as she fled a warzone it was most inconsiderate of her.

10. Gwendoline

Gwendoline Well-Known Member

Traumatised from being raped and you put the onus on her for not taking the morning after pill? That's disgusting.

11. william walker

william walker New Member

This has happened twice now in Ireland foreign nationals aren't Irish and you shouldn't support the murder of babies for people who aren't Irish. I think it more disgraceful that my country allows babies to be murdered and people come to Britain from Ireland. Rape is terrible and abortion should be lawful if the victim seeks it. However foreign nationals can do one in terms of changing the law.

I hate abortion I think it is genocide of the unborn because they can't defend themselves. 180,000 babies are murdered by their mothers every year in Britain, many of them because they would be disabled. I am disabled and find it very hard to support abortion in any case because of it.

I hope nobody takes offense at my comment here. I hope the victim in this case gets all the support and help she needs.

12. munter

munter New Member

Warzone? what the hell are you on about? there's no war in Ireland at present

If morning after pill was available, she should have taken it as a matter of personal responsibility

- - - Updated - - -

It's called reality.

13. ryanm34

ryanm34 New Member

14. william walker

Well that just proves my point. Irish law shouldn't be changed for foreigners. Same with British law.

15. Gwendoline

Please spare a thought for the teenage refugee who could not defend herself and was raped.

16. Gwendoline

Clearly, it wasn't available.

It's quite disgusting you would want to raise 'personal responsibility' in the case of a teenage girl whose sense of 'personal responsibility' over herself was entirely desecrated by the rapist.

17. ryanm34

ryanm34 New Member

Irish law says that suicidal women who need a termination are entitled to an abortion, she was suicidal at 16 weeks but wasn't referred to psychiatrist till 23 weeks at which point an abortion was no longer legally possible. She should have received the abortion she was legally entitled to at 16 weeks.

18. william walker

How do we know she was suicidal at 16 weeks?

19. william walker

I have I think it is terrible she was raped and forced to give birth. As I said she should get the help she needs after what has happened to her. I also understand that this is a directly female issue and something which couldn't happen to me. However it doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't mean a change to Irish law.

20. munter

munter New Member

Good point, and I agree - the law is the law.

Like in the UK, some muslims are allowed to co-opt the local schools and turn them into bastions of stone age religion - no way

- - - Updated - - -

What does her religion allow her to do in this type of case?

- - - Updated - - -

That's unfortunate for her, but doesn't give her the right to circumvent the laws of another country

21. ryanm34

ryanm34 New Member

A counsellor with the IFPA reported concerns for her welfare at 16 weeks to the hse.

22. Fugazi

While I understand your opinion the fact that you call abortion murder renders it irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

What a crock of crap.

23. mairead

mairead New Member

A victim or rape should never be forced to continue with a pregnancy and I find that entire story horrific. Even more horrific are the unbelievable stupid posters who made comments which blamed the woman for not knowing she could get a contraceptive pill, that is if they are even available in Ireland.

24. munter

munter New Member

it's her body, so her responsibility to find out what measures are available

25. mairead

mairead New Member

What an appallingly stupid comment. Does that mean if you get hit and seriously injured by a car or are lying smashed up after a car accident it will be up to you to find out what help is available. No-one else should help???