Jewish Chronicle forced to apologise for Gaza appeal advert...

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by snakestretcher, Aug 19, 2014.

1. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Nauseating. The Jewish Chronicle runs an ad as a humanitarian gesture and, because some of its readers objected to helping homeless, sick and destitute people, it runs a snivelling apology to them, not wishing to 'upset' its sanctimonious readers. As far as I'm concerned giving aid is not 'taking sides'. Apparently the readers of the JC think otherwise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28812983

2. supaskip

supaskip Well-Known Member

There are always innocent people caught up in conflicts, unless you are completely bigoted.
    The everyday people of Palestine should not be confused with Hamas.

Israeli's are meant to be the good guys, but this isn't a nice side to show.

3. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

Yes because it listed a charity with strong links to Hamas. You understand one of the big arguments is that humanitarian aid is being used to build a terror infrastructure in Gaza and low and behold that is exactly what was recently found.

Your bias is so strong you didn't even read the article nor investigate........just vomited your anti-Israel and anti-Jew nonsense on the board.

4. Borat

Borat Banned

Multiple British newspapers refused to run an ad by Nobel peace prize winner Elie Wiesel, exposing the use of children as human shields by Hamas.

5. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

The Jewish chronicle is a vile partisan racist and Hasbara propaganda rag. The people who read it, are by logical extension vile, mainly Jewish racist extremists. Like all corporate news outlets, it relies heavily on advertising revenues for its survival and eagerly took the shilling for this ad even though the non-political humanitarian nature of the ad is diametrically opposed to the papers racist editorial ethos. It's perfectly logical that a racist readership of a disgusting sectarian rag would take offense at a non-political and humanitarian-based ad sympathetic towards what they perceive as Arab untermensch akin to snakes or vermin. A couple of weeks ago on here I provided a link to a survey undertaken in Israel which highlighted the fundamentally racist attitudes towards the Arab Muslim population among the vast majority of the Jewish community in Israel. I'm afraid such attitudes are also prevalent among large swaths of the Jewish diaspora too reflected in no small part by the relatively healthy sales figures of the JC here in Finchley, North London.

6. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

The fact that they did no doubt is a consequence of the change in British Jews attitude towards Israel's attacks on Gaza's civilians. Jews for Justice for Palestinians pointed out that they have had a mass of Jews joining them since this began. One could also point out that at the time of the first Intifada, the pro Israeli marchers numbered 30,000 but at this latest war only 1,500.

I'd say good to them for being brave enough to put it in but shame they could not stand by their decision.

7. alexa

The Guardian did to many complaints. Here is one

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/11/guardian-publisher-defends-anti-hamas-advert-decision

That was the Guardian's second attempt to justify publishing it. Here is the first a week ago

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/11/guardian-publisher-defends-anti-hamas-advert-decision

and here is the advert

http://www.algemeiner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Elie-Wiesel-Hamas-Child-Sacrifice.pdf

8. Borat

Borat Banned

9. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

They pandered to their mainly Jewish extremist and racist readership. Their stance to not stand by their decision was disgusting but sadly, predictable.

10. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nauseating? Point toward a single (*)(*)(*)(*)ing apology for anything to anyone from Palestinian media or any Palestinian entity for that matter, and then you will have moral right to call apology from Jewish media "nauseating". So far as I'm concern, apology is always an honorable thing. Palestinians and their bootlickers should try it some time.

Comments like this makes me wanna puke

11. alexa

It was over the top on propaganda. It was sickening. The fact that you did not notice that is concerning. It is Israel who kills the Palestinian children.

12. alexa

It may have been a mistake. I was being optimistic but I know they are always fighting jfjfp. Would not suprise me if they are responsible for this
    http://jfjfp.com/?p=63687

and this

http://jfjfp.com/?paged=2

Jewish Orthodoxy will either need to change or it will eventually find itself with precious few in it's UK membership. The same is happening in the US. Many of them so want to be able to still feel loyalty to Israel but she just goes more and more to the right, heavily influenced now by religious extremists http://www.crisisgroup.org/~/media/...ious-and-the-israeli-palestinian-conflict.pdf while our Jews and US Jews live in countries with equal rights and precious little antisemitism and a majority have liberal values. In the US the younger generation are finding it hard to feel it has anything in common with Israel.

13. Yetzerhara

Yetzerhara Banned

Clearly it's a slow news day- Hamas has violated the truce with three missiles shot into Israel but he's clearly hitting the bottom of the barrel to keep the anti Israel diatribes going.

14. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trout,

The jewish chronicle is a jewish newspaper catering to the jewish community. Their target audience is jewish so naturally that would also encompass a certain % of extremists and a % of racists, just like any other ethnic community publication on the planet.

To condemn it as racist and/or extremist for rejecting an ad for a charity with ties to Hamas ignores the simple fact that Hamas is Israel's "sworn enemy" and has been since day one of its existence.

15. Borat

Borat Banned

Lol the irony of the anti-Israel mob whining about over the top propaganda, lecturing about one-sided coverage...while suppressing free speech and alternative points of view I am sure completely escapes you entirely.

The fact is every Hamas rocket fired in general direction of a civilian population center and every single rocket launcher in densely populated areas is a war crime, which I am sure is over the top propaganda in your view as well.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Obama has links to criminal scum and America-hating racists from Chicago, yet you still support him. Why the double standard?

17. alexa

I do my best to avoid propaganda. Israel however relies heavily on it.
    I know Darling. 972 had a link to an article which linked to a paper about twelve years ago where they decided that Hamas used civilians as human shields by virtue of the fact the lived with civilians and that that meant they did not need to worry about killing civilians.

Below part of that article by Uri Elitzur. More at source.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs...de-palestinians-gets-thousands-facebook-likes

Killing civilians and about a quarter of her killings being children is Israel's responsibility.

Check this out and then suggest as you just have.

Links at source

http://972mag.com/how-europes-jews-lost-their-humanity-in-gaza/94759/

18. Ethereal

Yea, but Israel seems to do a much better job of actually killing civilians, as opposed to just aiming rockets at them.

19. alexa

To be frank Yetzerhara I am not sure I used the right word. I am not talking about Orthodox Judaism I am talking about the official Jewish agencies in Britain and on that what I say is true.
    This is precisely why you cannot avoid personal insults.
    again I was not referring to Orthodox Jews but to the system of organisations in Britain which is supposed to represent Jews and is unable to even listen to dissent from British Jews.

I am reporting this

20. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is not true. Israelis a terrible shooters and their smart, laser guided bombs are not better then Palestinian home-made firecrackers. How else do you explain the fact that almost 5,000 IDF sorties resulted in only 1,900 Palestinian deaths?

21. Ethereal

Only 1,900, eh? You say that like you're talking about cockroaches.

22. Yetzerhara

Yetzerhara Banned

I did not attack you personally. I challenged your words about Orthodox Jews as bigoted. I was very careful. It is not fair to single out anyone of any religion alone and make the comments you did. Your reference was a smeer to all Orthodox Jews, reasonable, unreasonable, etc.

You now claim you meant something else, i.e., organizations in Britain which represent Jews and is unable to listen to them.

Which organizations do you now make this generalized attack against? In your new attack, yes its no longer bigoted or hateful of orthodox Jews, so I have no concern. Now I just want to know what organization you refer to or is it another one of your generalizations.

With due respect I was challenging your reference to singling out Orthodox Jews and the implication of doing that, not you. If it came across as a personal insult it was not meant to be. It was meant to challenge your singling out Orthodox Jews.

All people of all religions when extremist or intolerant can alienate people. That is the point.

Making sweeping unspecified generalizations about presumably Zionist Jewish organizations in Britain is another issue.

Your new frame of reference to me is problematic for other reasons. It makes no sense. Zionist organizations do not claim to speak for all Jews or any Jews. They present a position, usually a political one which people can agree or not agree with.

This stereotype you have that all Jews think in unison when they are Zionist is a recycled anti-Jewish stereotype that we all think the same.

If you knew anything about Zionists you would know we don't agree on a damn thing. We are diverse in our opinions.

Zionism is not a universal doctrine with absolutes,. You are mixing it up with Christianity and Islam.

Zionism is a political belief that Jews should express themselves through a state collective so as to prevent their extinction. More then that it is NOT.

Anything else after that is an individual opinion. We don't go around demanding we all think the same. We are not a cult.

23. Borat

Borat Banned

I am sure you are familiar with the concept of targeting civilians which is what Hamas does and which is a war crime even if they miss and the concept of targeting Hamas which is a legitimate military operation even when Hamas uses human shields and civilians die.

24. Borat

Borat Banned

25. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

Hamas has fired over 3,000 missiles into Israel. The only reason Israel has not suffered tens of thousands of civilian deaths at this point is because of the Iron Dome.

Israel has been attacking places where Hamas are keeping their missiles. In an effort to maximize civilian casualties, Hamas has been putting these missiles in schools, hospitals, homes, etc.