Democrats in denial: ObamaCare clearly killing jobs

Discussion in 'Health Care' started by longknife, Aug 25, 2014.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

I'm certain that all the defenders of this farce will provide post after post with all sorts of charts trying to show the post isn't true. Or, as usual, they will decry it as being from a Canadian source, not even bothering to see who the author is. The final will be smearing the author, a black, intelligent conservative.

He cites the following as just a few examples:

But, read the article for yourself and be certain to follow the links @ http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/65529#When:10:49:03Z

2. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Not because its from Canada, but because it is from "Canada Free Press"- I don't know who the author is, but I wont read the dreck on that site.

3. longknife

longknife New Member

So you have a closed mind. No surprise there.

4. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I have discriminating taste- I prefer sources that aren't whackjobs.

5. hudson1955

hudson1955 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Reply to the title of the thread: I do believe obamacare/PPACA is and will continue to kill job growth. The full impact and increased costs of Health Insurance will not become evident until the Employer Mandate kicks in, in Oct. Once it does, I believe the premiums for Small Business Group coverage will skyrocket because employers will be forced to comply will the B.S. mandates of the HHS Secretary that mandates small businesses buy coverage that includes benefits 'NONE" of their employees need or want to pay for. And those that can't afford it that are not subject to the employer mandate will simply drop group coverage. Forcing their employees to purchase insurance on the exchanges. Coverage that will likely be sub-standard to what they had. I only hope these employers will increase their employees wages or offer to subsidize their insurance premiums. Or give them another benefit to compensate for their loss of group health insurance. Those employers with less than 25 full time employees wont be subject to a penalty.

Those small businesses where the employer becomes eligible for Medicare will benefit greatly by dropping their small business group health plan when they only employ less than 20 employees.

I can only hope that the coverage available our employees through the Federal or State exchange is no more costly than the plan we have paid for 100% over the past 36plus years and that it covers their costs with little cost to them out of pocket as they have been use to.

The PPACA is flawed, was a sham from the time it was passed by bypassing normal legislative procedure and ignoring the outcry of 51% plus of the American public.

6. hudson1955

I prefer my own thoughts, my own take on the subject based on my own research. I prefer not to depend on any "sources", but rather to make my own decisions, on my own research. I don't believe that news media knows more than us when we can be as good as them in studying, analyzing and determining the facts on a given subject. The News Media has shown themselves to be biased, therefore, I prefer to do my own research and reporting. I simply do not trust them any longer.

7. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I assume the author lives in Canada because of the health care system.

8. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

And the closed minds still don't know who the author is.

lol@them.

9. longknife

longknife New Member

I have to laugh at the liberals trashing the source of the article without having the faintest idea who the author is.

And, we all know that if they did, we would hear a different rant altogether.

10. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Maybe we should just repeal obamacare and then every company will restore those lost jobs; of course those who lose their insurance with just minor ailments which could grow into major life-threatening one's which will land them in the hospital or perhaps even die from them? Of course if they end up in the hospital with a major life threatening illness with no insurance, guess what? You and I get to pick up the tab; how novel.

The companies that cut employees due to Obamacare (allegedly) will have second class workers because the good employees will gravitate over to those companies offering benefits. Of course they could all organize under the banner of a union and bargain for benefits regardless of whether or not the employer want's to offer them or not. But that might make too much sense for many of today's brainwashed workers. :)

11. TheChairman

TheChairman New Member

So you already know that there are good charts, urls, etc. that highly dispute what you are saying here, I see. Well there are. Therefore, it is fair game to show at least one of those sites in defense of what you are saying and presenting here.

The myth that Obamacare is costing jobs, etc. is a Big Fallacy. It is not killing jobs. In fact, it is Creating Jobs!

CBO director: Obamacare won't kill jobs, it'll create them
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...r-Obamacare-won-t-kill-jobs-it-ll-create-them

Mr_Truth and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

The kos?

Oh, how priceless.

Clue: The only jobs 0care will create are government jobs trying to administer this piece of crap and those trying to fix the website.

13. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

14. hudson1955

unfortunately when the employer mandate kicks in and the premiums sky rocket for the same coverage they now have, many employers will be forced to cancel group coverage; especially small businesses not subject to the mandate. As an employer, I have paid 100% of my employees health insurance premiums for over 35 years. If the premiums go up as I suspect they will, I will likely cancel coverage and give my employees a raise equal to what I was paying in premiums in their behalf. They will then be on their own to find affordable insurance. Because I and other employers wilth less than 20 employees won't be subject to penalties, I doubt this will cause loss of jobs. But, for those employers will 21+ plus employees it may mean laying off employees to put them under 20 employees. Or, since the penalty is likely less than the annual premium, they may choose to cancel group health insurance, pay the penalty and leave the employee to fend for themselves.

Regardless of all of this, health insurance purchased on the exchange is proving to have too many restrictions on doctors and hospitals covered as well as surgical procedures and the like. Many pay reimbursements less than even what Medicare would reimburse and therefor many providers have opted to not accept these policies as well as hospitals.

If doctors and hospitals were smart they would stop accepting all insurance and require cash payment and also offer payment plans. Doing so would mean they could charge patients "less" because their administrative costs would be reduced.

Funny that Dentists and Vets get paid upfront, insurance is not the norm for them. People don't seem to have a problem paying their fees.

15. longknife

longknife New Member

Thank you very much for an informative post without all the political tripe that usually goes with them here on this forum. Quite refreshing. And welcome. :clapping:

16. tkolter

tkolter Well-Known Member

All they have to do is this at the State level require any Medical Provider that takes money from any form of insurer, health savings account and all government programs included they must take all forms of insurance in their state if the rates the same as Medicare. There either they take only cash, good luck, or have to take the insurance. For Medicaid do this raise the payouts to match Medicare but add an income based co-pay and Federalize the program 100%. SSI people and under would pay the least or nothing if the state has a program like Florida does approved by the HHS, and a bit more for those over that in tiers and expand it as per the ACA guidelines plus to up to 400% of the FPL as the default insurance. To control high cost care let the states send expensive patients to "Tourist Medical" options oversees a treatment that costs $50k to Medicaid here might be in India a fifth that with transportation and getting the paperwork to travel a bit more and do other things like that.

There are options there if we wish to act on them.

17. CourtJester

You can have better health care in the United States and kill a few jobs or you can have the pre ACA healthcare system and kill a lot of people.

18. longknife

longknife New Member

Please back up your assertion with some kind of PROOF - with a link please. :salute:

19. CourtJester

Nice try! The opinion that The ACA has cost some jobs is your position. The fact that US healthcare prior to the ACA has one of the worst outcomes of all the healthcare systems in the developed world has been documented many times on this forum , but if you are too lazy I will post them again.

20. longknife

longknife New Member

To me, yours is nothing by a typical Obamabot reply to any criticism.

Tens of thousands of doctors are closing their practices.

Just as many health care workers are seeking other careers.

And millions of Americans are going to lose what coverage they had when the mandate fully kicks in.

But that's okay. You just continue to defend this farce and we'll see what happens in Nov. :salute:

21. CourtJester

Here is just one source documenting health and cost results of the American health care system prior to the ACA. This is why the system had to change!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...least-effective-health-care-system-in-survey/

Now you document your claims since I have now documented mine.

22. longknife

longknife New Member

CourtJester

Your link is to an opinion piece by a so-called "respected" group which clearly has a mandate of improving healt care and thus would find fault with any information on the system then current. If one wants to know the verasity of their work, check out their Board of Directors here http://www.commonwealthfund.org/about-us/board-of-directors all of which were not practicing physicians. It is also dated June 16 of THIS YEAR, a time when the ACA is already causing havoc in the system.

Haven't you got something better to link to?

23. hudson1955

title of thread is correct. Obamacare is killing jobs and will kill more jobs when small employer mandate kicks in in oct.

24. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Republican lies:

"It will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy! ... This health care law ... is already destroying jobs in our country."
    - John Boehner, January 2011

"We now know that Obamacare has been one of the single biggest drags on job creation since early 2010."
    - Mitch McConnell, March 2012

"Obamacare is a job killing disaster."
    - Rand Paul, August 2014

"We thought there would be ... job loss, and that has, in fact, occurred."
    - Mitch McConnell, August 2014

The reality:

[​IMG]

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...-Private-Sector-Since-Obamacare-Passed-CHARTS

And that's the patriotic TRUTH that Republicans are afraid of.

25. longknife

longknife New Member

Isn't it amazing how liberals will come up with anything from anywhere to prop up their own side.

To hell with the truth! :steamed: