What is the foundation of the Conservative Movement?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by DennisTate, Aug 27, 2014.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

2Thessalonians 3:10
    "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

But what if there is evidence that all of us in a sense volunteered……… previous to our birth…… to participate in a massive reality film event with great psychological, spiritual, emotional and educational value?

During his brush with death Dannion Brinkley was shown that only the most philosophical advanced and courageous spiritual beings/ angels…. would volunteer to incarnate as a child destined to be mentally or physically handicapped?

Don't starts in reality films get supplied with the basics such as a meal while they are on the set?

2. DennisTate

How many of you already knew that President Lincoln had saved American taxpayers four billion dollars in interest payments?

http://www.michaeljournal.org/lincolnkennedy.htm

3. Nemo

Nemo New Member

“Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.”
    Matthew 20:14 (KJV)

When I try to reconcile conservative ideology with the teachings of Christ, I can only wonder how the man who gave out the loaves and fishes to the multitude by the Sea of Galilee would not be branded a “liberal” today.

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  4. DennisTate

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

And my apologies if I am wrong…. but at this time I am convinced that you and I and Robin Williams and all seven billion amazing people living on the earth today… .not to mention our pets….. have probably volunteered to play out our role…….. which is a relevant factor in how the poor should be treated.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research01.html
    Pre-Existence and the Near-Death Experience

5. undertheice

undertheice Well-Known Member

tell me, were those loves and fishes taken from the mouths of others to be handed out to the poor? the difference between the ideology behind modern liberalism and the words and deeds of the mythical christ is that one advocates for forced redistribution while the other extolled the virtue of charity. even if we discount the extreme differences between the societies separated by two thousand years of time, the two philosophies differ radically. the latter glorified the voluntary act of giving of one's self to those less fortunate. the former demands the use of the violent force of authority in order to create some idealized and wholly irrational concept of equality. though it may be argued, almost entirely ineffectively, that the end results sought after are the same in both cases, the means to that end range from the virtuous, one one hand, to the unethical, on the other.

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Taxcutter says:
    Agreed.

There is a huge difference between voluntary charity and that coerced by armed force.

7. JuanGoodguy

JuanGoodguy New Member

Not to mention that Jesus is the one who instituted one man & one woman... Liberals(actually leftists) would be the ones to nail him to the cross if he were to have came in our time the first time.

8. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

If you wanna opt out, I'm plenty OK with it.

9. Nemo

Nemo New Member

“And if, on due and honest thought over these things, it seems that the kind of existence to which men are now summoned by every plea of pity and claim of right, may, for some time at least, not be a luxurious one; - consider whether, even supposing it guiltless, luxury would be desired by any of us, if we saw clearly at our sides the suffering which accompanies it in the world. Luxury is indeed possible in the future - innocent and exquisite; luxury for all, and by the help of all; but luxury at present can only be enjoyed by the ignorant; the cruelest man living could not sit at his feast, unless he sat blindfold. Raise the veil boldly; face the light; and if, as yet, the light of the eye can only be through tears, and the light of the body through sackcloth, go thou forth weeping, bearing precious seed, until the time come, and the kingdom, when Christ's gift of bread, and bequest of peace, shall be ‘Unto this last as unto thee’; and when, for earth's severed multitudes of the wicked and the weary, there shall be holier reconciliation than that of the narrow home, and calm economy, where the Wicked cease - not from trouble, but from troubling - and the Weary are at rest.”
    - John Ruskin, “Ad Valorem,” Cornhill Magazine (1860); reprinted as "Unto This Last" (1862).
    . . .

When I find myself looking narrowly at some social welfare program, I think of the Preamble to the Constitution, which always puts my views in proper perspective. It is “We the People” - not me, me, me. Needs must it be so, for the true greatness of a nation, and its moral progress, is not measured by its wealth or power, but by the manner in which it provides for the welfare of its people.

10. little voice

little voice New Member

[video=youtube;e0f78MDOUJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpag e&v=e0f78MDOUJw#t=37[/video]

how true is this

11. Micketto

Micketto New Member Past Donor

Probably because of His stance on baby-murder, homosexuality, those able to work=working, dependence on others, and the one you mentioned... charitable giving.

He created the loaves and fishes.... he didn't take them from people who earned them. Where do you see "liberal" in any of that ?

But that's just common sense speaking, so don't listen to me. I'm sure you'll have a whole gaggle of libs here high-fiving that erroneous statement.

12. undertheice

undertheice Well-Known Member

"the manner in which it provides for the welfare of its people", this is the entire point. do we provide for our people through theft and confiscation or do we extol the virtue of voluntary charity? do we force others to care for those unable to care for themselves or do we allow those willing to give of themselves? do we give the poor the opportunity to better their own lot or do we toss them crumbs and continue the grinding cycle of poverty?

13. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

So is a welfare recipient a partaker in the Blessings of Liberty, yes or no?

14. Nemo

Nemo New Member

No, it is not theft and confiscation. It is the price we pay to live in a civilized society. It is not just a matter of working; but rather the acknowledgment of basic human rights. See “Harvest of Shame,” CBS Reports, Edward R. Murrow, Correspondent (Nov. 1960). Human rights don’t exist in a vacuum; but only within the framework of established social structure. What sort of society can exist without social welfare programs? And, without taxes, how are such programs to be provided? What else is government for but to provide these things? Beyond this lies only the uncertainty of uncivilized life where there is no society, and life, as Hobbes put it, is "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short." Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan (1660).

15. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

A society composed of self-reliant people, obviously. If most societies are not, surely that would go a long way towards explaining why despotism is overwhemingly the rule in recorded history.

16. Nemo

Nemo New Member

Self-reliance? What will preserve and protect you when you are weak? Your sell-reliance is nothing more than a scrambling possession that would be unlikely to last beyond the first to challenge the claim by force.

17. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

That's my lookout, so don't worry yer purty lil head about it. :cool:

So as far as you're concerned, self-reliance is an illusion - which surely means the same can be said for liberty. Right?

18. pol meister

pol meister Well-Known Member

This I can assure you, unless you voluntarily take a dollar out of your own pocket, and give it to one in need, you have not done a charitable act. In fact, it would be more charitable for you to do nothing, than to claim the confiscated money of others as your good work.

19. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

What is the foundation of the Conservative Movement?

A belief in the moral and political superiority of a plutocratic society. Secondarily, a theocratic plutocracy if possible.

20. Nemo

Nemo New Member

You will find out the transience of "self-reliance" when you are old, infirm and ill. Then you will see the importance of society and social welfare programs.

21. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait to see you explain why liberty is not equally attenuated by "transience".

22. Nemo

Nemo New Member

Your liberty is provided and protected by law, and not your "self-reliance".

23. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Thank you for finally making it abundantly clear that you have not the slightest understanding of liberty, nor of the Preamble - nor, for that matter, of any fundamental aspect of human nature.

24. Nemo

Nemo New Member

Let me make it perfectly clear to you: Your rights and liberty exists by law, and the law alone. There are no rights without law, no rights contrary to law, no rights superior to law. Get that through your cold dead head.

25. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

You have already made it plenty clear that you've bought into a devilish lie. Why you should wish to continue to emphasize that is a mystery, unless you have hopes of getting me to fall for what you've fallen for - in which case I wish you all the luck you deserve, as you're gonna need all that and more.

So as far as you're concerned, the signers of the DoI were all lying. I've got that about right, haven't I?

Speaking of law, insults are against PF Rule #2; but even if I were generally inclined to report such violations, I'd just as soon see this one preserved as a glittering monument to your flaming hypocrisy.