Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup

Discussion in 'Civil Rights' started by sec, Sep 2, 2014.

1. sec

sec Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-sues-dmv-being-told-remove-makeup-164005963.html

HYPERLINK has it all

snip

A 16-year-old in South Carolina sued the state's Department of Motor Vehicles on Tuesday because the agency won't allow him to take a driver's license photo wearing makeup.

here we go again. We recently saw a similar incident but it was an adult male cross dresser.

IMO, since a license is an id and also the picture added to a database, then it must be real and not for playing dress up and make believe.

I hope the judge not only tosses the lawsuit but forces this confused boy AND HIS PARENTS to do some community service.

Do you feel that a person should be allowed to cross dress for a drivers license photo?

2. Tahuyaman

Tahuyaman Well-Known Member

If a guy wants to look like a fool on a drivers license photo, I would ket him. But denying this is not worthy of a law suit.

3. WallStreetVixen

WallStreetVixen New Member

A valid form of identification clearly needs to be able to show that the person in the ID is the same person holding the ID.

With that being said, maybe they should have let him take his photo as a girl, but his ID would not be distinguishable and would possibly lead to more lawsuits of potential discrimination charges.

4. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

This is why I could never be a judge I don't have the patience for some people.

Photo ID's are just that, identification cards...Which means when they look at you then look at the card they are seeing if its you. If the kid took his photo looking like an ugly girl and then decided he didn't want to play dress up one day and tries to show his ID to someone then we run into a whole hell of a lot more problems.

Judge: "Take your picture as a boy because you are a boy, and shut up".

That would be my response.

5. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Right.... that would be my judgment also. I'm so thankful my kids grew up normal....

6. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

[​IMG]

This kid should dress and look as they normally do -- whether they are dressed as a girl, a boy or whatever else.

7. Nightmare515

Its much easier for the cops, the bank teller, the cashier when using your credit card etc, to ask you to wipe the makeup off your face to see if you look like the boy in the ID rather than them say put your wig on and paint your face to see if you can look like the girl in your ID.

8. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Should women scrub their makeup off when they get their ID photos taken? Seems like an odd double standard.

9. Nightmare515

No but if a woman takes her ID photo with long hair and makeup and then one day decides to shave her head, take testosterone shots, and grow a beard then she should have to take a new ID photo.

We have to draw the line somewhere we can't have people just showing up at the DMV doing whatever they want. I want to paint my face like Gene Simmons from Kiss and take my photo should that be ok since thats how I usually walk around society anyway?

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

You want to cross dress that's fine but the police, hospitals, and future employers need a clear identification ready and available when asked for.

11. Texsdrifter

Texsdrifter Well-Known Member

If that is how he plans to drive, then I see no reason why he can't dress how he wants for his pic. I would be opposed to his sex being listed as female on the DL since he is a male however.

12. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

But I mean, if he's going to live as a girl... wouldn't it then make sense to have his ID picture with him as a girl? What's the point taking a picture of him as a guy if it looks nothing like him 100% of the time?

I don't really care at all either way tbh.

13. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

A. So, the ID photo must look like the person presenting the photo. That's fine but that means women, when they totally change their hair-do, and the color, would need to go in and get another license. Me? When I got my last license in the U.S. I was clean shaven and had fairly long hair. Long before the license expired I had a long grey beard and very short hair. Plus, I looked a lot older.

B. As I read the article, the DMV is violating their own rule. Agree or disagree with cross-dressing, you would all have to admit that you could recognize the person from the photo in the article even without the makeup. I would say people should appear as they normally do in public. In court once I was asked to identify the person I arrested. I laughed and said, "I assume it's the guy sitting with the defense attorney but the guy I arrested weighed about 35 pounds more than that guy, had hair half-way down his back and a beard half-way down his chest and this guy is clean shaven on his face and his head. And, the guy I arrested was wearing a black t-shirt that said, "(*)(*)(*)(*) the World". This gentleman is wearing a blue suit, white shirt, and red necktie." No, DMV is clearly out of line.

C. I got a call from a high school and the principal was in a panic. He was sure a young gay guy was wearing make-up but couldn't actually tell. I went to the school, mostly because the principal was a jackass, and when I met the young man I complimented him on doing make-up properly. My mother always told my sister that make-up shouldn't be Nancy Pelosi obvious. Well, there was no Nancy Pelosi then but she used someone else who put make-up on with a trowel.

My verdict, if I were the judge, is that the DMV is out of line and not following their rules.

14. Nightmare515

because its easier for the cops to say take your wig off and wash your face to see if you look like the guy in the picture rather than say paint your face and put a wig on to see if you look like the girl in the picture.

15. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Okay, I don't see a reason why the makeup had to be taken off.

16. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

If she is using so much it would deemed a disguise, not her everyday makeup.

17. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Probably because the picture would not have been an accurate portrayal of the person .

18. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

But I mean, nobody proposes doing that for women - they're in their makeup most all the time. I don't have any real objection to you making the distinction, but I don't think it's categorical.

19. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

Let him take it dressed as the girl as shown in the picture if that is what he claims to be his normal appearance. If he is ever pulled over or has to show his license to a police officer or government clerk/official and he does not look as in the picture then confiscate it on the spot for 120 days for having been in a disguise when it was taken and charge him $250 to get a new one made.

20. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

would that be ok for a guy who looked like this

[​IMG]

21. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

Imagine being a landlord, and explaining to someone the importance of picking up dog waste on a daily basis.

22. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

Too much exposure to estrogen in the womb. Prenatal hormones are the primary determinant of adult sexual orientation. With the widespread use of birth control, women are essentially creating these hypomasculine boys (effeminate) who act out like this playing dress up to look like girls.

Progestin and estrogen contained in birth control is chemically created in a lab to imitate natural progesterone and estrogen.

For many women it may take 6-18 months or longer for the body's hormone cycle to go back to normal. So if a woman stops taking birth control in order to conceive, the effects may still linger in terms of the hormonal imbalance artificially created by the birht control. This may have an effect on the developing fetus, certainly a derterminant in adult sexual orientation.

We can make fun of a kid like this...but it is Feminism which creates gende confusion examples likes this...birth control is a direct by-product of the feminist movement as is legalized abortion. Water supplies in many municipalities contain elevated amounts of estrogen...expelled by women taking estrogen (birth control) and also anti-depressants like Prozac can elevate estrogen content in urine. This is recycled into many water supplies.

There is science behind this..in this young man's mind...he's a girl.

Why?

Because of prenatal hormones...birth control, water pollutants, etc...can create imbalances that directly affect the fetus.

Feminism...plain and simple, is emasculating an entire generation of males.

23. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

That's why women cannot wear makeup for their pictures at DMV.

24. Nightmare515

Because we have to draw the line somewhere we can't just let people show up to take their ID pictures wearing whatever they want. The easiest way to draw the line is to say males take their photos as males and females take them as females. I do understand your point about women wearing makeup but again we have to have a line drawn somewhere.

If we start saying men can take their pics dressed as women then it opens to flood gates for all sorts of whackjobs trying to be annoying. Can a professional clown take his picture dressed as a clown because thats how he looks most of the time? Can I paint my face white to look like a strange looking white person because I don't like being black and I paint my face and hands before I leave the house most of the time? (I didn't just make that up I saw some people on a talk show a few years ago who actually do that).

See what I mean? Do we really want to deal with crap like that or would it be easier to just nip this in the butt right now.

25. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

He's not "playing dress-up", he's just dressing how he normally does. I see no justification in applying a different rule to him as they would apply to any woman who came in with a similar level of make-up, men with (or without!) facial hair, anyone with coloured or highly styled hair etc.

The point is indeed that the picture is meant to identify the driver and so it should be sought to show them as close as possible to how they commonly appear. If that's wearing some make-up then that's how the picture show depict them.

You hope the judge for a law suit grossly overreaches his authority? Why not go all out and argue for criminalising cross-dressing?