Fast-food protesters cuffed at higher-pay rallies

Discussion in 'United States' started by Hoosier8, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Fast-food protesters cuffed at higher-pay rallies

Meanwhile.

http://momentummachines.com/

Beware of what you wish for, you may find yourself out of a job entirely.

2. PT Again

PT Again New Member

Where do I sign up to DEMAND that I get my pay doubled for no reason at all?

3. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

In the bread line after they replace you with a robot. 0 X 2 = 0

4. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

We need to demand more from our burger flippers. Better attitudes, smiles, and that can do attitude !

5. PT Again

PT Again New Member

I would settle for getting my (*)(*)(*)(*)ing order right !!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I haven't work minimum wage since I was 17...........

there was no money in it.........

6. cjm2003ca

cjm2003ca Active Member

i bet you SEIU is behind the protest...they want more members and more money for themselves...they really dont give a damn about the people

7. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

My best guess is at a local SEIU office near you. But I'd suggest before you sign to read the fine print.

8. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

And that will happen....and sooner than most people think. Hell, robots are building cars, packing boxes, sorting at hi speed & helping with surgeries, so I doubt flipping burgers will present much of a problem.

9. PT Again

PT Again New Member

(*)(*)(*)(*) unions..........in the arse.....

10. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

I know this is a crazy idea, but I wonder if the Ignit McNuggets demanding $15/hr. considered, you know, looking for a higher paying job? Or how about - get this - learning a marketable trade that is worth more than $7.25/hour? Maybe, even finishing high school? :omfg:

I know. That's some crazy (*)(*)(*)(*) right there, but it's not as crazy as expecting someone to pay you $15/hr. to flip burgers. That's not going to happen.

Some people's sense of entitlement, and that's all this is, is waaaaaay over-inflated...:roll:

11. nom de plume

nom de plume New Member

Me too, and without phlegm in it.

Fast food restaurants could easily afford to pay their fast-foodies a lot more if they would take Burger King's cue and relocate to Canada, or at least to Texas like Toyota is doing.

12. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

And what about ex-cons? What about recovering drug addicts? What about teen parents? How do you expect them to get a better paying job when they have to work 80 hours a week just to survive. No time to improve on their skills to find better work. Are we just supposed to forget about them and pretend they don't exist?

13. sec

sec Well-Known Member

hmmm

ex cons

drug addicts

teen moms

interesting. Why is that a problem of the employer and ultimately the consumer via higher prices?

Guess what, get pregnant as a teen and your life will be tough

commit crimes and you won't prosper

etc etc

14. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

No one said anything about prospering. It's about giving people the means to survive. If it doesn't come from the businesses it will come from the tax payers. And if it doesn't even come from the tax payers you can expect political instability and riots. There is a reason the welfare system was created in the first place. It's a whole lot cheaper to ensure the poor have what they need to survive than it is to force them to steal or sell drugs for it.

15. SMDBill

SMDBill Well-Known Member

It's called really hard work. I worked 80+ hours a week, week after week, for years, after leaving the military, just so I could earn enough to afford to keep my family going. I wasn't forced. I volunteered. And I had a newborn, a 2 year old, 4 year old and 5 year old at home, worked all those hours, and STILL managed to earn a bachelor's degree with honors in my "spare time", meaning I sacrificed family time and sleep to get a degree to get myself to a better paying job where I didn't need the overtime. The sacrifice paid off and today I enjoy the fruits of those years of extremely hard work and the effort it took to get an education, which I completed in 2005. Today I spend every free minute with family and I never have to rely on overtime to get by so I work 40 hours and have all my time back.

Excuses are tools of the weak who refuse to do whatever it takes to improve their lives. It really gets old hearing sob stories about how someone shouldn't have to suffer in order to succeed, as if success always comes easy to those who have succeeded.

16. sec

sec Well-Known Member

p e r s o n a l
    a c c o u n t a b i l i t y

17. Wake_Up

Wake_Up New Member

I'd settle for just them looking at me at least once and acknowledge that I exist, instead of flinging their arm out the window to hand me a bag while looking somewhere else entirely.

These idiots act like looking someone in the face when you talk to them requires extreme effort and is beneath their pay grade.

18. Wake_Up

Wake_Up New Member

Be careful, Seattle has already approved that locally...although it will phase in over the next several years. We should all collectively hold our breath and see how that little micro economy experiment goes. Unfortunately, it is already setting a precedent.

19. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

Well first let's stop pretending they put themselves in the positions in which they find themselves. And they can get better paying jobs once the redeem themselves to society by starting at those lower paying jobs and proving themselves to be valuable employees and working their way up, people do not tend to stay at minimum wage for very long if they continue working. And two people making even minimum wage will combined make about $32-33,300 a year just working the on 40 hour a week job, a very survivable income. They can also work for supplemental income until they advance in the workplace.

Why are we, those of us who have been responsible about our lives and worked our way suppose to hand them theirs on a silver platter, why should those people expect to earn the same $60,000+ starting out with little skill.

20. stjames1_53

stjames1_53 Banned

well, let's see about that.....I take a drug test to have my money taken from me to spoon feed the lazy. they don't have to get a drug test to take it.
    So theft is already in the works..............

21. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

You act like they are owed it. I single person can survive on minimum wage, a couple even better. The single person, or one of the couple, can certainly seek suplimental income to add to it. No you are not going to have luxuries or drive the best car or live in the best house, so what. Others don't have an obligation to provide you those things.

22. Talon

I can relate - I put myself through college. I went to school full-time during the day and worked full-time at night, and then after work I went home and worked on my homework from school. I was putting in at least 80 hours a week.

I relied on myself to provide myself the means to survive. The people who look to others to provide that for them are looking for failure, and when they find it they've got no one but themselves to blame.

23. Wake_Up

Wake_Up New Member

Maybe momma and poppa should have kicked their little asses and they wouldn't be ex-cons, teenage, single parents, etc.

Choices have consequences. I didn't make them ex-cons, I didn't sell drugs to them, and I didn't get little Terry Teenager pregnant...why should I have to pay them higher pay for the same work just because they want it?

I know ex-cons, I know recovered drug addicts and I know single moms and dads that have made good lives. It can be done, no one said would be easy.

24. Cloak

Cloak New Member

The fact of the matter is, the minimum wage used to be enough to just barely scrape by, and now it isn't. Who picks up the tab? The American taxpayer. We subsidize these low-wage employers because their employees rely on public services. Lets not forget that the US also has the most low-paid work of any OECD nation, and the lowest wages for said work.

25. Talon

Learn it. Live it. Love it.