Fox News- America's Number One Source For....Geography-

Discussion in 'Humor & Satire' started by Gorn Captain, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

For instance, if you want to visit the Great Pyramid...forget north Africa and just head due east from Jordan.

[​IMG]

To avoid tornadoes in Arkansas.....simply visit Missouri instead. And don't worry if you can't remember which is closer to New Orleans....Mobile, AL or Gulfport, MS.

[​IMG]

To visit the Sydney Opera House....head into the outback near the Gulf of Carpentaria.

[​IMG]

When visiting Las Vegas, don't forget to see the Great Salt Lake.

[​IMG]

2. Goldwater

Goldwater Well-Known Member Past Donor

Bu-bu-bu-nah-nah-nah-nah!....Obama thinks there are 57 states, remember? :blankstare:

These Fox News faux pas are just an unfortunate reality of revisionism.

3. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

fox-news-map-fail.jpg

Funny stuff, though I don't know whether it's all genuine or some kind of photoshop hatchet job.

4. Libertarianforlife

Libertarianforlife Well-Known Member

Looks like it's been shopped to me.

5. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Nope....real Fox News maps. In fairness, typos and Chyron mistakes occur in every television network.....but hardly on the scale of putting "Egypt" where Iraq should be or swapping out Utah for "Nevada".

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, the "Egypt Map" was first caught by Huffington Post the day after it aired on Fox.

6. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

and this is about the 4 billionth time its been posted on this forum. its pretty much the chicken crossed the road joke someone wont stop telling.

7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

And yet, it still riles up Fox-heads who MUST defend their beloved network that tells them exactly what they want to hear.

8. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

its not the content its the repetition

9. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

You mean that Fox REPEATEDLY tells the Right exactly what they want to hear? Yes, I agree.

:)

10. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

That map image is 2 years old and probably was photo-shopped then too. It's amazing the number of Fox-haters that seem to watch Fox every second in order to catch mistakes they can turn around and post all over the Internet. Apparently some people just have no life.

11. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

They are funny. Who cares what network it comes from my only question is whether or not it was an actual mistake of if some interns wanted to see if they could get it on air and if anyone would notice.

12. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

lolol. So.............you're saying because it was on HuffPuke, it's real?

Oh, my. Just when I think it's bottomed out, it gets worse.

And like someone else said, I'll bet ALL the people at Fox News know how many states there are. I'll bet they know how to pronounce "Corps", too.

13. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

you know exactly what i mean troll

14. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

So you are such a Fox cultist ...you can't even CONSIDER that they make mistakes?

15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Actually, I think you accidentally spoke the truth, guttermouth.

Fox REPEATEDLY....over and over....tells you exactly what you want to hear.

It's no such much their lame fails at cartography.....the REAL joke of Fox is....

when they had Dick Morris and Hannity and Stuart Varney telling you it was going to be a "Romney Landslide"?.....you believed them.

Not because the guys on Fox believed it...certainly not because the actual polling showed it (they showed the opposite), i.e. not because it was based in reality.....but because Fox was telling you something you WANTED to believe was true.

And that's why you (like so many other Fox fanatics) had those lovely SURPRISED looks on your faces and were right there with Karl Rove hoping "Wait! Wait! They haven't finished counting Hamilton County.....Romney can still win Ohio!!!!"

Meanwhile, even Megyn Kelly had to admit it was just "the math you tell yourself as a Republican"....to try to save herself SOME kind of "journalistic credibility" that night.

That is the true humor of Fox News....not itself....its audience, meaning you.

16. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

I hang out on both very liberal sites and very conservative sites. I will say I see all the time the conservatives attack Huffpo or MSNBC etc on the lib sites and very rarely get a response and almost never with the anger a lib gets when they mention Fox and the noise machine. Wonder why? Humm?

17. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

In all honesty it's due to an error by the "line producer" who is supposed to check the graphics prior to allowing them to be released for air. To be fair, all of the networks and news channels make common errors like this; they work under high pressure due to last minute changes and it's highly unlikely you'll ever see on-air errors completely disappear; after all its live TV.

18. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Foxism...is a cult. I could agree with somebody on MSNBC...I could disagree with them....even the progressives.

But Fox is like "God" to some of these guys....holy, righteous, and eternally right....and MUST be defended. Because like "God"...it "protects" them and "sanctifies" them......by telling them EXACTLY what they WANT to hear, all the time....even in the face of reality.

Stuart Varney is often forgotten in the DIck Morris "Romney Landslide" flap....but whether Varney was merely putting on an act or really believed what he said, he was indictative of the Fox mind-set.

When asked by Hannity about the polls showing Romney losing....Varney said "I simply don't believe it. It's all a lot of scientific gobbledegook."

IOW, actual facts should be discarded for what "feels" good or what is "is believed". Ironic, given how often the Right claims the Left is "all based on emotion, not facts".

Poor Dick Morris got canned, as a scapegoat.....but Varney and Hannity are still there, and they were just as much "Romney Landsliders" as Morris was.

19. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

And whenever you see Ronald McDonald on TV you touch yourself. See? I can make up retarded stories too. I never once said I watched fox. I'm done with you troll until you're dond responding as though you have the brain of an 8 year old.

20. Goldwater

Goldwater Well-Known Member Past Donor

be that as it may...Fox News is a pioneer in revisionism.

They parade a litany of GOP friendly pseudo fact created by myriad right wing "so called" think tanks that have cropped up in freightening numbers since the Reagan admin.

21. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Amazing.....you NEVER watch Fox....yet you feel compelled to "defend its honor" on this thread about their goofs with maps?!?!?!?

Sounds like those guys who RUSH to defend anything stupid or asinine that Limbaugh said........but then claim "I never listen to Rush". :)

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite rightwing "think-tank" is the Competitive Enterprise Institute....one of the leading groups into climate change denial?

Which "coincidentally"....was started with a $750.000 grant from.......Exxon-Mobil. :)

22. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

this is another common phenomenon. I was on an uber right wing sight for a while I was the only one who admitted to listening to Rush. Funny thing was I would hear some obscure thing Rush said and it would be on the site that evening. I think I got banned for refering to them as ditto heads. Anyway, I think Fox and Rush and the rest of the right wing noise machine is approaching mind control levels. If all one read was far right wing sites, then follow the link to other far right wing sites, then seen it again on Fox, how long would it be before your reality shifted? But in a society with free speech what can be done?

23. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

I guess it's so the Right can keep claiming they are "independent thinkers, not zombies like you lib'ruls"......

but the thing is, they all parrot the exact same talking points....often IDENTICAL to Rush, I even had a rightwinger on a blog QUOTE Rush, less than 10 minutes after he said something (something I heard him say on the radio).....but they didn't say it was from Rush, they claimed it was their "own thought".

Also funny, as I noted how they find themselves COMPELLED to defend Rush....or Fox News....or whoever.....but then DENY they ever listen or watch said media. Which begs the obvious question-

"Why do you know so much about 'what Rush really meant'....or how 'accurate Fox is'.....if you supposedly never listen or watch????"

24. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

Telling you that you sound like a broken record playing the same joke over and over and your same post has been repeated about a billion times isn't defending fox news. For the third time, its not the content. The content was discussed a billion times already

25. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not that I don't believe this happened, I'm sure it did, but why are you intentionally trying to get people so upset or defensive over mistakes on news stories? Are you claiming CNN, MSNBC, ABC never made mistakes on the air before?

This is stupid. Fox news and CNN are more "entertainment" than news, you should know better.