U.S. intel warnings predicted 9/11 style attack

Discussion in 'Intelligence' started by danjones, Sep 11, 2014.

1. danjones

danjones New Member

I know this isn't a new revelation to anyone. I was just shocked at how accurate some of the warnings proved to be.

Presidential Daily Brief to Bill Clinton warned: "Bin Laden Preparing to Hijack US Aircraft and Other Attacks."

In July 2001, an FBI agent in the Phoenix field office sent a memo to FBI headquarters. . . advising of the 'possibility of a coordinated effort by Usama Bin Ladin' to send students to the United States to attend civil aviation schools. The agent based his theory on the 'inordinate number of individuals of investigative interest' at such schools in Arizona.

View the top warnings from the 9/11 commission report here:
    http://factmemo.com/factmemo.php?topic=impact&factmemo=1050

Let us not underestimate our new enemies ISIS and ISIL.

2. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Well I always did blame Clinton for allowing 9/11 to happen... pushing through extensive budget cuts to the military and intelligence community above those already heavily undertook post-Cold War during the early 90's. The Intel community was screaming at him he was going too far and when that happens its normal for an organisation to panic and hog resources to justify its own existence - which breaks down the heartbeat of the Intel community - information exchange. If he actually saw a warning prior, then it very likely would have been reinforced by other agencies if they were talking more effectively PLUS it might have been surrounded by more accurate information if he hadn't of cut the guts out of their budgets before hand.