NASA Ranks This August Warmest On Record

Discussion in 'Environment & Conservation' started by TheTaoOfBill, Sep 16, 2014.

1. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

2. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

Is that the ACTUAL TEMP RECORD, as proven by the UNALTERED, EMPRICAL DATA, or is it the "warmist" temp record, based on DISTORTED/ALTERED and OMITED temp data?

3. TheTaoOfBill

You tell me.

4. Lee S

Lee S Moderator Staff Member Past Donor

Does NASA still exist? If so, why?

It is a wonder that NASA can spare the time and resources dealing with the religion of global climate change when they have so much Muslim outreach to do. Beings how ISIS has sworn that they are going to bomb America, that whole Muslim outreach thing doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. Perhaps NASA should stop this study of global climate change religion and stick with their primary mission which was so clearly stated by our President before someone sets off a dirty nuke in New York City.

5. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

What should we do about it?

Because, you Liberals are not allowing us to build zero emission plants and you are fighting to close the ones we have.

6. wolfin

wolfin Member

The Daily Telegraph, I believe reported that some scientists are scrambling to explain the over 18 year pause in global warming.

Someone wrote in the Climagegate e-mails that they needed to "hide the decline" the interruption of warming which their models didn't explain.

. The west coast and parts of Europe had a hot, dry summer while we in the heartland had a cool and in some places a record wet summer. We set low temperature records in August. One morning the low was about 43. July was even cooler. Weather is not climate.

Antarctic ice is the most extensive since records were started, and the Arctic ice has grown from its low extent a couple of years ago. We are entering the territory where warmists predicted the ice would be gone, but they were fooled.

7. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

8. TheTaoOfBill

Despite what Texans tend to think, Texas is a very small part of the world.

9. Grokmaster

10. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

Jeezus man,the freakin' planet is 4.5 billion years old, we have a hot August and the world is doomed. Pay some heed to that avatar of your's..Yin/Yang. Kinda applies to the climate. Nothing is static in a dynamic..climate and weather are dynamics..they change all on their own. Ain't nothing you or I or 'science' can do to stop it. My advise; be sure to have a warm jacket and a cool tank top with you at all times.

11. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Well-Known Member

Believe me, Texans know how hot it is outside. It's been a very mild August, to be sure.

12. Grokmaster

As it pretends to quote GLOBAL TEMPS from 1880, I'd say OBVIOUSLY it's nonsense.

13. TheTaoOfBill

I support Solar and Wind, hydroelectric and Nuclear plants. And I support tax incentives for purchasing electric vehicles, home solar roof panels.

- - - Updated - - -

And we should all listen to your expertise over NASA's because... ?

14. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

This is from the New York Post:
    It has been very mild here.
    Summer 2014 is the coldest in a decade
    By Jennifer Bain and Sophia Rosenbaum

The summer of 2014 has been one of the mildest on the books — and could be the first summer in a decade without a heatwave.
    “It wasn’t clear if it was going to be a hot or a cool summer,” said National Weather Service meteorologist David Stark. “We started out the year very cool and it seems like we just continued that. It doesn’t look like we have any heat waves in the near future.”
    Instead of searching for the skimpiest outfits to battle the sizzling sun, New Yorkers are reaching for their sweatshirts.
    “It’s been so much colder this summer,” said Susan Vartholomatos, 51, who broke out her bikini for a beach day Friday afternoon. “In the morning, when I go out to my terrace, I need a sweatshirt.”
    Vartholomatos said she wishes it was hotter, adding “I’d take heat and humidity over snow any day.”
    Only four days have hit 90 degrees this summer, three in July and one in August, with the hottest temperature on the books clocking in at 91.
    The last time the city went without a heat wave – classified as three consecutive days of temperatures higher than 90 degrees – was in 2004.
    The cooler temps aren’t just affecting people looking to get a good tan. Beach businesses at Coney Island say they’ve taken a hit this season.
    “This is the coldest I’ve experienced in a while,” said Ahmad Hussian, whose father owns a store called Sun & Fun on Surf Avenue. “Not a lot of people are coming here at all, but I have sold a lot of hoodies.”
    Monica Ghee, who has been working a game called Coney Island High Striker for 45 summers, said the boardwalk clears out at night.
    “It’s been a strange season,” she said. “There’s been no real summer so far.”
    While a late summer heat wave is possible, forecasters at the National Weather Service say there’s a slim chance one will slip in the next few weeks.
    Typically, the city sees at least 15 days that top 90 degrees with at least one heat wave mixed in.
    “We haven’t even had a day where it reaches 100 degrees,” complained Naquan Gathers, who runs a Ghost’s Hole at Coney Island.

15. TheTaoOfBill

There is nothing balanced about the numbers in the data. It's a clear upward trend that has no sign of going down.

16. alsos

alsos New Member

So if I were to point out 6.5 months worth as being the coldest in 20 years you'd accept that as empirical proof that global warming isn’t happening?

2014 So Far: Coolest in U.S. Since 1993; Wettest June Since 1989, Says NOAA

How about just June?

“Global Warming:” Coldest Antarctic June ever recorded

Climate chaos: Brisbane hits coldest temperature in 103 years, Antarctica hit by record low

You know this month is on course to be the wettest and coldest June ever when hiding under a SINK is the best way to stay dry

17. TheTaoOfBill

New York is not the world.

- - - Updated - - -

The US is not the world. Antarctic is not the world. They call it global warming for a reason. And you won't find any articles saying this is the coldest global temperature on record.

18. Grokmaster

Because I'm the one referring to using ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC METHOD, instead of just pretending a GUESS = FACT.

Your "raw data" is a bunch of madeup bull(*)(*)(*)(*).

19. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

After you check out the meaning of your avatar..read that Lao Tzu quote. If you don't understand or agree with either, Try Chicken Little.

20. SourD

SourD New Member Past Donor

They are on acid. It was the coldest ever here

21. TheTaoOfBill

Sorry. I'm going to go with actual global temperature data and not you sticking your head out the window.

22. Grokmaster

That's why we use the ACTUAL SATELLITE READINGS, before the Warmist "make their little changes" in the empirical data, and it's how they got caught in their own bull(*)(*)(*)(*), and now are desperately dreaming up NONSENSE FAIRY TALES to "explain" it.

23. alsos

alsos New Member

I gave you spots that pretty much cover the globe all during the same period and you reject it. But you're actually going to justify your position based on one months worth of data?

Why am I not surprised?

24. Grokmaster

Oh, are you? Please edify us as to who was keeping track of GLOBAL TEMPS in 1880, and how did they do it?

25. TheTaoOfBill

Oh you're using the scientific method! OH! Well excuse me. I didn't know. Will you share with us your experiments? Your data? Can you tell us which peer reviewed journal you've published in? Have your theories made successful predictions?

- - - Updated - - -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumental_temperature_record#Global_record_from_1850

- - - Updated - - -

No... you cherry picked temperatures from a few small locations in the world.

THIS is the world:
    [​IMG]