If We Were One Color?

Discussion in 'Member Casual Chat' started by Tram Law, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Let me put this hypothetical to you.

If humanity were all one color and one race, do you think it would end racism?

I think it would end racism, but i don't think it would end bigotry and prejudice. I think there would still be gender bias and religious bias and political bigotry going on.

But i still think it would greatly reduces the hatred human beings have for one another.

So what do you think?

2. cjm2003ca

cjm2003ca Active Member

ihave lived in calif my whole life..and the only time anyone talks about race and show their racists attitude is when dems are in office...i live in a county that is 80% republican and you never see anyone show meanness towards any race..but if you go the san francisco you see it everywhere especially in the white neighborhoods...and the city is 90+% liberal democrats...so who are the racists again?...dems

3. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

It would instantly reduce the hatred human being have for one another . . . NOT by one minuscule iota. We are predators by nature with a veneer of civilization hammered into place gradually over time after birth and throughout childhood. Nobody can be more viscous among themselves and more hate filled and bigoted than a group of five to seven year olds if left too long to their own devices as a group. The book The Lord of the Flies was a classic in that regard as to how older children can also behave . . . although it was a freaking dreary read.

Anyway, humans are merely human, and giving all of humanity the same general skin tone and facial features would solve nothing. The bone deep pettiness inside humanity would still rise to the surface . . . and nothing would be substantially different.

4. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

It would end racism because everybody is the same color but we would hate each other for other reasons just like we do now. Just look at nations where everybody is the same race. They just use social status as a way to hate each other instead.

Human beings will likely never all get along we will always find a reason why some of us are "better" than others whether that reason is religion, income, region of the world, etc.

5. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Whether it ends racism depends on how broadly you define race. Say a plague wiped out all races but Asiatics, would that end racism? I would say no since the different ethnic groups would still hate each other, probably more than they do now because they wouldn't have to worry about hating extinct whites, blacks or Middle easterners.

6. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Just look at places such as Ancient Rome where race didn't matter as much. If I recall correctly Rome had at least 2 black Emperors. They still figured out other ways to discriminate against people. If they couldn't do it specifically by race they did it by ethnicity and social status.

Humans are always going to find a way to hate each other it doesn't matter if we were all the same race or not.

7. Lil Mike

Yeah the term racism really doesn't apply since technically it has a distinct meaning that doesn't really describe what we generally call racism today. What passes for racism is really ethnocentrism. And that would exist if the last two people on Earth were, say a Prussian and Bavarian. To us, their indistinguishable Germans, but to them, there are tons of differences that mean something to them.

8. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

If we were all one race, then we wouldn't have discrimination on race. We'd still have discrimination of course, humans love to hate each other.

9. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

We could get down to more important matters.
    Like dealing with the threat of Gingers c181funny-gingers-fact-soul.jpg .
    We'd still have Gingers wouldn't we ?

Moi :oldman:
    Don't forget to click the image.

r > g

No :flagcanada:

10. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

Racism could be much worse within the same racial group. There is no genetic difference between the Tutsi and Hutu peoples in Rwanda but the Tutsi were identified as a foreign race by the Hutu who claimed to be an oppressed indigenous minority, which culminated in the 1994 Rwandan Genocide. There is strong anti-Japanese sentiment in Korea because of Japanese colonialism in the pre-war era and the comfort women issue continues to divide the two countries. But the Japanese and Koreans are genetic cousins and up to 60% of the modern Japanese population may harbour Korean ancestry, while the proportion of Ancient North Eurasian ancestry, derived from Upper Paleolithic Siberians who migrated to the Japanese archipelago more than 8,000 years ago, is up to 40%.

11. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

I even don't know the difference between Germans and Britishs, unless when they speak...:bored:

12. Lil Mike

See? Proves my point! To an outside, there's no difference, and it's certainly not "racial" however the Brits and Germans definitely think there are big differences between them.

13. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

Hell no. The Hutus and Tustis slaughter each other and they are both black. Every war can be boiled down to either ideology or resources.

Plus if everyone was the same then either I would have to be Asian which would suck because I don't want a small penis or there would be no Asian chicks which would also suck because they are hot.

14. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

Hey, if God only allow us to choose one color, of course we will choose white and white, and white!

You know it would be perfect with white people face features and Korean's skin (Koreans have the finest skin among Asians), and the physique of south America:rock_slayer:

15. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

I think I can feel the differences when I get along with them...because they probably have different characters... In fact, I think they can't tell if one is Brit or German by just eyes check. So, Europeans are easy to spy other Euro countries...:wink:

16. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

No. Take medieval Europe for example. Plenty of hatred in just one part of Europe...plenty of blood shed at the tribal level, less mind continental. Wars, civil wars, rebellions...There's even conflict within the court of one ruling party, let alone between two. There's intrigue and scandal and back-stabbing...

Racism is simply another thing to fight over.

17. upside-down cake

Please don't.

I've got a thing for gingers... :)

18. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Remember.
    Lucy and Christina Hendricks are blonds.

I am talking about real, by blood, Gingers.

The good thing is Gingers are less dangerous than Canadians
    because it is harder for them to blend in.
    The problem is all the fake Gingers out there. Like the new Wendy's girl too.
    Watch for those ones with more freckles than you can count.
    They're the ones who have stolen the most souls. See image above.

BTW no one said if our theoretical one race would have "Gingers", or even Albinos.

Moi :oldman:

r > g

19. bobov

bobov New Member

A pious attitude has it that people want peace. They don't. They love to fight. They love to invent reasons to feel superior to their neighbors. My evidence? The whole of human history.

Historians understand how war can be a good thing. It brings different cultures into close contact. It spreads important new ideas. It puts entire civilizations to a Darwinian test of survival of the fittest. It eliminates the maladaptive. Cruel but true.

So Moi is right. Gingers rule. They're the master race. The rest of us should bow down before them and offer oral services as required. I'm glad that's been settled. Now where did I leave the hair dye?

20. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Uh...hmm...well yes, I guess if you didn't have any races you wouldn't have racial discrimination.

So???

Y'see, one problem with hypotheticals like this is you have one group (hopefully a large majority) that says "that's interesting, but doesn't make any difference" and another who says "what an idea, all we have to do is deport/kill everyone but one type of person and we'll have eliminated that problem"

You do show that you're at least grasping the real difficulty, "Homo homine lupus" (Man is a wolf to man), but if you recognize this, why are you even bringing the question up?

21. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Jared Diamond made a very good illustrative case of how that whole thing was due to population, the ethnic thing was just a veneer. Most sociologists now claim the majority of wars are due to population as an underlying cause. Not sure if they're right but a good case can certainly be made. (Certainly better than any mythology about penis sizes)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse:_How_Societies_Choose_to_Fail_or_Succeed

22. Azuki Bean

Azuki Bean New Member Past Donor

I see racism as an effect not a cause. Skin colour doesn't enable racism. Racism is the medium by which people express fear or anger or whatever bad programming has gone on in their lives.
    If we were all exactly the same skin colour down to shade and tint then other features like eye colour would be targeted. And if we weren't all identical, we would be talking about tonal discrimination.
    There is a sickness in parts of the mind and I don't believe the sum of all that sickness would be lessened by a unified skin colour, gender, sexual orientation whatever.
    Haters have to hate until they change themselves on the inside.

23. upside-down cake

LMAO :D

24. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

If I could choose I would choose to have tan or brown skin. I do get tanned during the summer months but it seems to happen after I get sunburned. I obviously wouldn't want to be lily white nor would I want to be black because of lack of vitamin D during the winter months. Korean's and Japanese have the hottest Asian chicks unfortunately I am a guy so that wouldn't matter for me.

25. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think you're a little mistaken about Rome, or for that matter any ancient culture. All conquerors saw themselves as being superior, and if those conquerors had a different color, then that color was considered superior. As an example the Greeks were in contact with Persians for one thousand years, and some islands even sided with them against the Greeks, yet when Alexander was in Persia his men were shocked when he told them to marry Persian women. Of course that was after he fell in love with Roxanne. :roll:

Anyway if someone hates another solely because of their color and not because of something they did, then there is something seriously wrong with them. If on the other hand they discriminate against others because of peer pressure, well that's human nature and it has always existed and it will always exist.