Too many kids and counting.

Discussion in 'Ethnic & Religious Conflicts' started by Dingo, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Dingo

Dingo New Member

Despite their Medieval reactionary views I really like the Duggar family. In many ways, certainly in their interactions, they seem almost ideal. No adolescent rebellion, everybody seems pretty happy and they do interesting things together as a family and they cooperate well, as each does his/her share as a family should. The love and commitment of the mother and father is quite impressive. Hard to believe the mother, Michelle, could have 19 kids and end up looking that good. And unlike the Amish they are able to live in the modern world but hold fast to their allegedly Christian based beliefs, many of which are very old fashion - like no kissing before marriage.

But perhaps there is a shadow that I am not seeing. Here are a couple of ladies who grew up under similar circumstances but ended up with a less than positive view of the whole thing. I'd be interested how others sorted this all out.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/how-playing-good-christian-housewife-almost-killed-me

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejo...pted-lives-my-concerns-about-the-duggars.html

2. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Individual families will always get variations in results from other families; the primary goal as a country's family policies is about measuring statistical averages and results, and going from there, not about measuring every family by absolute ideal values and dismissing the entire values system based on just one failure and falling short. You probably already know this, I'm just throwing it out for discussion purposes. Nobody will ever have the exact same environment, even within the same family.