My Reason For reinstating the draft!

Discussion in 'Security & Defenses' started by pwillie, Sep 22, 2014.

1. pwillie

pwillie Active Member Past Donor

2. Daily Bread

Daily Bread New Member

We are the policemen of the world -whether we like it or not. All HS graduates serve in the military as soon as they graduate for two years of training . No college loans are given out until you serve and put in the two years . No deferments for weight ,eyesight , flat feet . Everyone does the time and if they can't handle the physical aspect than they are put in a support mode. When they come out at 20 they'll have better social skills and respect for themselves . Win-win situation.

3. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

4. fifthofnovember

No, it is a choice. We don't have to be.

Yeah, the only loser is freedom, but hey, who needs that, right?

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

So the land of the free is now about making people fight and die for a cause that some of them wouldn't have signed up for if given the choice? Got to love that liberty....

6. pwillie

Since when do you have a choice to defend your natural born independence? I wonder if George Washington thought about your comment? If I serve, you serve are get the hell out of here and live on a deserted island...Its not about freedom,its about payment for your security and your families health and welfare...anyone who refuses to serve, needs to move to another country...

7. RedWolf

Wrong. This land is supposed to be about freedom and that includes the freedom to choose whether or not we serve in the armed forces. Anyone who wants to force servitude on anyone else and put that life in danger needs needs to move to another country.

8. Daily Bread

Daily Bread New Member

9. RedWolf

You give a nation an endless supply of soldiers then they are no longer beholden to the people. As it is now the fact that people can choose to enlist is one of the reasons we're not worse off then what we are. When the government starts to get out of control citizens will refuse to back them and the size of the military will start to dwindle because less and less people are going to sign up for it.

If on the other hand everyone is forced to be part of the military what are we supposed to do when they start waging war unjustly? What is the penalty for doing the right thing and refusing to fight and kill people who are only enemy combatants because our political leaders said so, not because they're guilty of anything heinous? That's not an America I want to live in and it's damn sure not one I would fight and die for.

10. fifthofnovember

Not really, in spite of your exclamatory claim that I do. But forced servitude is certainly not the way to be free.

So the answer is MORE brainwashing and restrictions on freedom?

Spoken like a true fascist.

11. pwillie

You "freedom" lovers will look good with a towel wrapped around your gift given head as it is shoved on to a pike of the ISIL Muslims!...You "freedom" lovers are only free because of the blood of your brothers....cringe behind the facts of cowardice, and die many deaths as a result of your "freedom"...given to you by our nations soldiers...feel good about your stand on whats the price to pay!

12. pwillie

....so you are taken Russian? Are is it Arabic? Languages?

13. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Germany used to do this (began in 1956) but gave up on it recently (2011). It didn't do the above.

14. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

So when did you serve, and in which branch?

15. RedWolf

You go ahead with your fear tactics to argue your reason for less freedom. Me? I'm going to go ahead and lap up all the liberty I can. Ah, freedom!

16. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

I haven't met very many people in the actual military who advocate a draft. At the end of the day we are the ones who would have to deal with the waves of incoming disgruntled people who wouldn't want to be there and would be harder to discipline and train.

No thanks. I had enough problems dealing with Privates who actually volunteered for the Army. I'd hate to imagine dealing with a punk 18 year old kid who DIDN'T volunteer.

Have you people seen the kids of today? We would have to reinstate the "NCO's are allowed to physically kick your ass" laws of the Vietnam and before era's if we had to have a draft in todays times.

17. pwillie

I am not advocating war, I am advocating paying for your freedom.....the troops I met in 1967 were draftees as well as enlisted men...some good some average...but most part they served with valor....55,000 paid the price..was it a just war, hell no....like most wars it was over politics...I think if you live in America,and accept the Constitution,you should serve and protect the nation .I think deferments were unjust as well,especially for college and conscientious objectors....if not the military,then public works (road gang)...just do your duty...

18. RedWolf

The duty of any American is to be a productive law abiding citizen, not to be forced to join a dishonest cause, fighting for "freedom" at gunpoint.

19. SMDBill

SMDBill Well-Known Member

I did serve. I served so people like you could spout off about freedom, as if it takes all Americans to secure liberty for the nation. We are free people, some of us willing to fight for that freedom for all others. I wouldn't want the majority of Americans to be by my side in dangerous situations, but I would want those who want to be there to be by my side when it hits the fans. Others would just be bitter, angry or worthless when needed the most.

And if you fear ISIL so much you have some serious issues with comprehending that they have no aircraft, no ships, no logistics capability of any kind, and they can only beg Muslims in America to commit crimes against others. I'm pretty sure we can manage that problem if it evolves, especially with 300 million guns in our nation.

20. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

The military is not only not for everyone, it is not for most people.

Failure to adapt is one of the primary reasons for early separation...and this is for folks who volunteered.

21. pwillie

I fear people like you more than the enemy.....especially when we are invaded through the holes in our defense......9 11 bring any memories ? We need a ready reserve!Our military is fat and old...a recipe for disaster....EBT cards have added to the dilemma...Lose the power grid and you will turn into a fat lard ass welfare wanna be...don't worry,its coming,and part of the plan to bring the nation down by the "Latte" POTUS!

22. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

"police of the world"

Where is that in the Constitution?

The USA can never be "police" or claim moral leadership unless it adheres to a standard set of morals and principles. We stand for freedom and democracy. Other countries laugh at those ideas and prefer to live under theocracies or kingships. Therefore, we do not have the right to impose our ways on others whether anyone likes it or not.

"HS graduates"

Many kids drop out of school because they are learning disabled.

"no deferments"

What of the handicapped, disabled, blind, or those suffering from incapacity?

HS graduates need further direction? Let them go to church or some other institution. A draft would cost society billions, be counter productive, and is needless.

23. Daily Bread

Daily Bread New Member

Maybe but if your afraid of a little discipline that indicates you are of weak mind and easily led , nothing to be ashamed of as a lot of you people hide from the truth.

24. fifthofnovember

More likely you are of weak mind and easily led if you feel you must seek out authority to submit to. Moreover, you are of weak mind if your discipline must come from outside yourself. And I would be ashamed if I were like YOU PEOPLE who hide from those truths.

25. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

An unjust, unpopular war needs a drafted army. An authentic threat that leads to a just and necessary war never lacks for a sufficient number of volunteers.