BLACKS CAN'T Make It In Amerika!

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Tram Law, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Note America was misspelled on purpose in the title.

This is something I just realized about things in America.

Ghetto thugs say they can't get anywhere in America because of racism, and liberals encourage this mentality.

BUUUUUUUUT....

We have illegal immigrants coming over and making a good life for themselves even to the point of supporting their families back home....

AAAAAAAAND....

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...cs-immigrants-and-immigration-united-states-1

And these immigrants who do come here become productive members of America and make god lives for themselves.

So if these people can do this DESPITE the racism and bigotry from as liberals say, bigoted, hateful, spiteful, racist conservatives, how come blacks can't?

What is really going on here so that these immigrants come here and know how to use the American way and system but blacks can't?

2. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Well . . . effective racism is dead in this nation because the laws against racism are enforced. But the huge problem with 'getting ahead' in the United States is two-fold in nature. First it requires, hard, consistent work and smart work habits and, second, there are no guarantees of success. On the other hand it has pretty much now reached the stage that if you really don't want to work for a living you can make a somewhat better overall than minimum wage salary existence for the rest of your life off of a host of government funded 'assistance' by way of money and other benefits.

Now this is, ironically, also a rather hard way to live because it requires paying real attention to paper work and standing in lines and -- in some cases -- going through periodic and mandated counselling to remain eligible wherein you have to pretend that you actually want to change your ways and get up and out . . . but that it's just sooooooooo hard with hate-filled Whitey standing around ready to put his foot on your neck.

The irony there is that anyone Center or Right of Center never thinks about racial stuff unless there is a nationally televised George Zimmerman or Ferguson media circus act on television. But the deal with taking the not so easy easy-way through life of living off the collective government dole is that you are guaranteed (more or less) meals and clothing and shelter and Obama phones and other piddly-rumped 'goodies' for the rest of your life . . . just as long as you never, EVER actually risk it all by getting a good paying job and letting all those ambitions-killing freebies go.

This is the perpetual trap that a certain percentage of Blacks have fallen into since the Civil Rights Acts legislation went into effect around fifty years ago; and it is a trap.

Now I will give most leftwingers credit in that they never realized what they were doing to Blacks, but we know that the path to hell (which doesn't exist) is paved with good intentions.

So why don't other minorities fall into this same perpetual trap? Cultural differences. First, coming from south of the border they were never coddled in the first place. Second they can 'see' that while all that give-a-way assistance is nice it also can't really compete with a good paycheck, a paycheck that is theirs if they are but willing to work their rumps off earning it.

So there you have it. Solution? The Left has either got to man or woman up and accept reality and begin weening Blacks off the deadly trap they created for them or genuine Black leadership has got to finally step forward and say "Enough!" and fight the Jessie Jacksons and Melissa Harris-Perrys and Al Sharptons and Chris Matthews and -- yes -- Barack Obamas Eric holders until their people really are free . . . at last.

3. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am sure we could drop the OP off in the middle of Nigeria and he would find it very difficult while people going to Nigeria from Kenya have a much easier time.

Why is that?

Is it because of the fact that the OP is ignorant? Of course not, it is about cultural difference and it would be no more fair to compare the OP to African natives then it is to compare blacks in the US to immigrants from Mexico.

4. cjm2003ca

cjm2003ca Active Member

have you ever met a person from mexico that is illegal and helping their families back at home...i know many of them and their life here is not all roses...but they make the sacrifice ...

5. Gatewood

Good Lord yes! I live in a sanctuary city in Texas, and so I grew up with that sort of thing. Also I became acquainted with some of the Vietnamese Boat People when they made it to this country. So I am quite accustomed to cheering on people who ignore hardship, dig in, and just get on with getting-on.

6. Riot

Riot New Member

Same here. I worked in the shrimping industry for years. I seen what the Vietnamese do for their families. Work their butts off and not for rims or iPhones. For their families schooling and starting their own companies. They take care if one another. Old to young. I just finished wiring a house for one that's a multi millionaire now. I watched him from nothing to riches. Has his own shrimp factories now. Has a tuna plant in Miami now. His whole family lives with him. Cousins and all. Worked damn hard. Lived in dumps for many years. Saved every dime. Now he's good. A baller. A shot caller.

7. Gatewood

Yes, cultural differences are a booger. Even when necessary information is available one's culture needs to be such that one is likely to take advantage of what's available. Change the culture and you change the people. The Left and the Right comprehend this -- at least I think that they do, on the whole -- but both tend to booger it up when they take it out of the realm of theory and try practical application. But of the two I rather think that the Right's way leads to better citizenship on the whole and to encouraging people to at least toy with the concept of quasi self-reliance.

8. Gatewood

Yeah; I love those rags to riches and by the sweat of the brow examples. The wife and I used to have a great deal to do with various aspects of our city's Asian community, and it was rife with similar incidents. They looked around and saw a land of opportunity with the doors held wide open and so they went for the gusto.

9. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

I live around and work with a LOT of black people. Some are of American birth, and some are immigrants. The immigrants pretty much stick to themselves. The Americans are very well aware of the thug culture, and regard it as a problem that blacks impose upon themselves.
    It's not just a "black thing". Anyone who makes babies that they can't feed have wiggled themselves into the same trap. To some extent, I'm in favor of social programs for those who simply can't figure this life thing out, but NOT to the tune of 52% of all Americans!!!

10. Gatewood

I agree with you up to a certain point. Nobody -- or at least I hope nobody is -- denying that there are plenty of Blacks with good, solid work ethics and great family structures and so forth and so on; and so they are NOT part of the problem. The problem is actually represented by Ferguson in the form of the rest of Blacks who are not going to wean themselves off those terribly seductive and ultimately terribly bad for them benefits programs . . . for the reasons already laid out. They are a problem if for no other reason than that they are the ones who riot and kill one another (Chicago pest hole comes to mind) in such significant numbers as to remain national problems. Other ethnic minority groups inside the United States generally do not go that route as a permanent habit. Sure Los Angeles and some other permanently Democratic Controlled cities have barrios and permanent Hispanic gang members problems, there again mostly the reason why is these programs that discourage hard work and self-determination; well that, plus the drugs business. But that's a tangent issue.

Now all that having been 'said' the fact as I see it is that we are economically on the gradual move to fewer and fewer people having jobs because there are fewer and fewer jobs for people with inadequate education, and the ratio of the inadequately educated is probably on the steady rise so far as population growth goes. Oh yes, and good ol' automation is still putting people out of work and jobs for the average Joe (or Josephine) are harder to come by. There are simply fewer adequately funding low skilled jobs available with each passing year.

Thus the huge irony is that for economic reasons the future is going to contain more generation of Whites, Browns, and Blacks -- not fewer -- growing up, living, and then dying on the dole. I don't see any way around that . . . though I hope that I am wrong.

11. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ghetto thugs say they can't get anywhere in America because of racism, and liberals encourage this mentality.

If your a ghetto thug with a police record, you have to expect not getting anywhere. One of my grandsons stole a dune buggy out of a garage, took it out in the desert and road it. After he and his friends were done with it, they drove it down a mine shaft. He got caught and went to prison for a year. After getting out, he couldn't find any job that paid him enough to even share rent with another. He had also quit school. He complained and asked for money from all of us and finally complained when we got tired of keeping him up with money. No one cared for him. I and his Mom finally sat him down and told him if he wanted to get ahead, he needed to get his act in gear and do something. He got his GED, but that only helped a little. He was mechanically inclined so we talked him into getting a loan and get into a trade school. He finally did , taking up diesel mechanics. He graduated earlier this year and went up to N. Dakota to where they found all that oil and got a job working on those big trucks. He is now making twice what I made when I retired. You can make it. It's not easy and it's twice as hard if you quit school and you double that when you get a police record. But you can still do it if your will to try. To many aren't willing to try.

12. Gatewood

Actually since illegal immigrants went to a great deal of effort to reach the United States and if deported, generally go through that immense effort a second time around we can probably take it as a hint that they are -- gasp! -- better off here (fiscally anyway) than at 'home'. They can always leave and yet mostly they . . . don't.

13. Gatewood

Yep; it takes effort, real effort, and there is no guarantee of success. But it's one of those 'try and you might; don't and you'll be on the fiscal bottom for the rest of your life' sort of thing. This is not rocket science. You have to change what you can change, which for most people starts with their habits and their attitude.

14. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh I see. Doing better in the United States than in a third world country = THRIVING!

THEREFORE, BLACKS ARE LAZY! OF COURSE. IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

15. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

You know what I find funny? You say "Blacks can't make it" but then the second sentence says "Ghetto Thugs". I'm just curious, what does that mean?

16. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some years ago, my wife and I went on vacation in San Francisco. It has a big Chinese population there. But we were surprised of all the people on the streets begging for handouts, none were Chinese. They were mostly all Blacks and Whites.

17. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

I think black Americans have a lot more in common with white Americans than they do with Africans. They've been living in the US for hundreds of years so I can't accept the "cultural differences" argument if that is what you were trying to say.

18. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

You gotta lotta thoughts zinging around, all vying for your attention!
    The automation thing is a huge issue. We can't all drive the train. Whether it's intended or

not, our inner city recipient issues are bound to increase, as more and more jobs are replaced

with machines. You can't just tell everyone to deactivate, because the world doesn't need

them any more. I was a kid in the 60's/70's, but I remember a whole lot of agitation against

"the system" then, and it was just a preview.
    With that in mind, you'd think that we should be much more interested in trying to develope

the whole social mechanism to embrace and even celebrate this larger "emancipation from

drudgery". One version of Utopia would have us all snoozing under a tree with a fishing line

in the water, and nothing better to do.
    Meanwhile, look at S. Korea, where one of the leading causes of teen suicide is depression

over low grades in school.

19. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

That is not where the cultural differences come in to play. After slavery the blacks were not allowed to assimilate into mainstream society, they were corralled for the most part into certain parts of the nation, usually inner cities, and were not allowed to leave. Programs like redlining where the federal housing authority would draw a red line on the map and not give blacks loans to buy property outside of that circle means that blacks eventually formed their own culture within the US.

20. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

Okay, if you say so, but is black culture really more different from American culture than South American culture is?

21. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

Another examples of how only liberals bring up race.....

22. Micketto

Micketto New Member Past Donor

In this context, why not ?

If it's true that a minority group who is less welcome here (the ones who do it illegally), sneaks in, and makes a good life for themselves...
    Why can we not compare a minority group who has been here forever and complains that they can't succeed?

A group who has proven to succeed, but unfortunately consists of a large portion angrily whining that they can't.

The problem is their leaders hold them back, and tell them to complain about a victim-hood they themselves place on themselves.
    The left constantly telling them they are held back, instead of actually doing anything form them, does nothing but get more dems elected.
    It doesn't make for a better life for the black people. As we have seen, a lot of them are disappointed in the last 6 years.

If the Sharpton/Jackson/Holder/Harris mentality ever dies out.... you would find blacks succeeding more and more.

23. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

I contemplated writing out another long response sharing my thoughts but I've done that plenty of times before. I've been around here long enough and most people know my story by now, if not then click on the "best post" winner thing in my profile and read it.

I'm black, I grew up without much money in a single father household. I made it and no Affirmative Action or any other perks helped me. I now earn more money than my father ever did in his 41 years of employment and I have a job so cool that even F-16 fighter pilots in a bar gather around me and say "Damn that's awesome!"

People would be seriously surprised at what they can accomplish if they just try. I refuse to give excuses anymore. Giving excuses gives people a justification for not trying. I am biologically no different than any other black people who grew up in my situation. The difference is that I had a dream and whether that dream of mine came true or not I absolutely REFUSED to live like that any longer.

Get up. Those two words mean so much.

24. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

I'm neither a liberal not am i conservative.

I'm just repeating the liberals ideology.

25. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

It's even more childish to call someone a child for disagreeing with you.

You grow up.