PLEASE give a helping hand to HONG KONG!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by dreamin'gal, Sep 28, 2014.

1. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

South China Morning Posts 28 Sep, 2014

Welcome to scmp.com's live report on Occupy Central, which kicked off in the early hours of this morning.

Buoyed by two nights of student protest, Occupy organiser Benny Tai at 1.45am made a dramatic announcement that the civil disobedience movement would begin with immediate effect.

The announcement came after thousands of students, pushing Beijing for democracy, converged on the government offices at Tamar for a second night of protest.

Our live report brings you all the latest breaking news from our team on the ground.

4.24pm: Harcourt Road and Gloucester Road are now at a standstill in places, as thousands of demonstrators take to the main roads. Traffic is at a standstill in places, with cars and buses surrounded by the crowds.

Witnesses have said police are using pepper spray in some areas. The protest sites are ever-shifting as demonstrators move about the area surrounding the government offices at Tamar.

Benny Tai seems surprised at the sudden swell of support. "It is totally unexpected. It's all about our pursuit of democracy. Beijing now sees it; the world now sees it; CY Leung, do you see it?"

Link--->
    m.scmp.com/topics/occupy-central

2. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

While I am writing this post, more than 30 thousands of HK students and citizens are now gathering at central, the head quarter of Hong Kong Government, they are joining a large protest, fighting for a true election of Chief Executive of Hong Kong.

While I am writing this post, more than 30 thousands of HK students and citizens are now gathering at central, the head quarter of Hong Kong Government, they are joining a large protest, fighting for a true election of Chief Executive of Hong Kong.

True election, which can give Hong Kongers a real choice to choose our leader.

China government said she is going to give a
    Hong Kong an election of HK chief executive at 2017, yet we average Hong Kongers have to choose within the selections of a nominate group which only 1200people and mainly from capitalist and upper class people who has good relation with China government.

China government can easily manipulate the nominate group to choose the candidates who willing to execute her own agenda although it is possible against HK's benefits.

To Hong Kong people, definitely this is not a real choice, Hong Kong is now going downhill, we are facing many social problems, the final reason is because we are trapped in a weird political system through all these years, meanwhile, China government enact the assimilation and purge scheme through HK government.

We Hong Kong people don't want a fake election drama to give more convenience to China government to do her plan. We have to hold our future through real democracy, for us, and for our next generation, afterall, it is Hong Kongers will cherish our own city most.

PLEASE....give a helping hand to Hong Kong, please sign at the following link, it will help to stop Hong Kong Government and Police to use violence to arrest unarmed protestors.

Https://petition.whitehouse.gov/pet...t-second-tianamen-massacre-hong-kong/dfdCpQZz

We will be very grateful for your support! THANK YOU! And have a nice day.

3. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

I am not sure if this thread appropriate to place here, please move to the correct place if it's not. Thank you!

4. sharik

sharik Banned

ah, Britain at it again...

5. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

IMG_131041631885880.jpeg

Last night!

6. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

7. Pro-Consul

Pro-Consul Banned

What does that mean?

8. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

DSC_0012.jpg
    Just before!
    From the tv news!

9. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg
    Never see this before in Hong Kong....

10. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

You do know that Hong Kong has not been a British possession since 1997, do you not?

11. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

6.02pm: Just before 6pm police fired tear gas has been fired into Harcourt Road, scattering protesters.

Police have fired three volleys of the gas, but the wind has blown the smoke plume back towards the police line.

5.50pm: Police have warned that they will "use a higher degree fo force" if crowds do not calm down.

A statement read: "Police urge the protesters gathering in Admiralty and Central at present, to express their views in a restrained manner and stop charging the police cordon line immediately. They should leave peacefully and orderly. Otherwise Police will use a higher level of force in order to restore public order and safeguard public safety."

About 80 bus routes have been diverted around the troubled areas. The routes include three airport services routes - A11, A112 and E11 - and a number of express routes to and from southern and eastern districts.

From south china morning post

12. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

Yes, Hong Kongers have to walk our own road.

Previously, there is a group of youngsters always holding colonial frag in front of media.

Then I searched on local forum said that one of the core member is work for China government.

13. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

DSC_0018.jpg

My god....Hong Kong police really holding guns!!!!

14. Pro-Consul

Pro-Consul Banned

That's a tear gas discharger.
    It's not a rifle.

15. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

Ya I also watch the police explain it now =_= anyway , I never imagine this kind of scenery can happen in HK...

16. Pro-Consul

Pro-Consul Banned

You might be seeing more of as it seems as if China is exerting more influence on HK.

I suppose HK could apply for formal membership in the commonwealth which would send a message to China without interfering with the rights of HK.

Actually back in the 60's things were a bit more violent which was experienced by my relatives who were actually a part of the Royal Hong Kong Police.

17. rangecontraction

rangecontraction New Member

I fully support the Chinese government to put down the Hong Kong terrorists.

If they do not deal firmly with the terrorists, such terror will spread to the mainland.

18. Pro-Consul

Pro-Consul Banned

Why do you believe that they are terrorists?

19. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

What acts of terrorism have the protesters committed, or did you just make that up? Do you actually have any idea what you're talking about?

20. rangecontraction

rangecontraction New Member

China is Pakistan's ally. Anything which threatens China threatens Pakistan.

Pakistan and its ally USA and Israel will support China.

21. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

IMG_146010582877357.jpeg

Thank you NEW YORK! Thank You!

22. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

What you said is a possible direction, we hope to draw more attention from oversea.

And I know you're talking about the roit of 1967
    But at the roit of 1967, the protesters set boom on street, and as I know, one policeman was killed by protestors

the protesters of this campaign are unarmed, many of them don't have enough tool to avoid tear gas

But this will be the most serious protest since 1967

23. dreamin'gal

dreamin'gal New Member

You are kidding!

There's nothing related to terrorist!

24. Pro-Consul

Pro-Consul Banned

I think the special economic zone status of HK is a good thing in ensuring it's economic security.
    However if China continues to exert itself then HK will ultimately become just another province of China.

Actually during the riots my granddad chased after a guy with a grenade which was thrown at him and that shows just how bad things can be.
    I'm hoping that this protest won't or any future protests escalate.

- - - Updated - - -

Judging from that posters other comments; I doubt if he knows where HK is.
    So I wouldn't worry.

25. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I can't get very enthused about this. After the Arab Spring and the various 'color' revolutions and the outcomes so far, it's unrealistic to think that this movement will not be, if not already, co-opted by foreigners (read the West) in order to disrupt China and bring instability to the mainland.

What's the grievance anyway? You finally get a vote after20 years of Chinese rules, but don't like the Chinese approving candidates? I understand it's not ideal, but look around the world and see the results of all the recent social revolutions. What makes you think it will be different this time?

I don't think of myself as a Statist, but I do understand China's position. Beijing knows it is in the US's crosshairs for 'change'. They may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they aren't out to get them.

Bottom line: IMO, there's too much chaos in the world already at this time and no protest can be secure from being used by others for their own pursuits.
    Personally, I'd like to see this thing de-escalate.