An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israel

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Marlowe, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Marlowe

Marlowe New Member

Miko Peled was born in Jerusalem into a famous and influential Israeli Zionist family. His father was a famous General in the Israeli Army, of which Miko also served his time. When Miko's niece was killed by Palestinian suicide bombers, you may have expected the family to put Palestinians at fault, but surprisingly they blamed the state of Israel, and their violent torturing and persecution for driving people to such sadness that they would take their own lives.

Through his father's deep knowledge of the Israeli war of terror, together with his own research, Miko Peled peals away the myths surrounding the Israel and Palestine situation, and delivers a truth so damning that many Jews and Israel supporters will not be able to bear it. He reveals facts such as the original expelled Jews are not the ones returning, and they are not their descendants either, covers the double standards regarding the right of return, which doesn't apply to Palestinians, and dispels the myth that there has been a conflict for ages by producing proof that it was peaceful up until 1947 when Israel launched their illegal attacks.

Miko is just one of the many modern day Jews against Zionism and the state of Israel, and with the information he delivers in this astounding talk, it is not difficult to see why more and more Jews are rejecting Zionism and calling for the dismantling of Israel. It is a true eye-opener for anyone who has for too long been blinded by the fake misinformation given by the mainstream media, and the truths come straight from the heartland where he has spent many years documenting the real story.

The last 20 minutes of this riveting 65 minute video are spontaneous questions and answers where Miko shares that the current preoccupation of Israel with Iran is a smokescreen to cover up apartheid with Palestine, that the only law that applies to Palestinians is Israeli military law and that only a bottom up American demand for human rights and democracy can change or break the Israeli garrison apartheid state and its AIPAC supporters

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d0a_1367804004

MOD EDIT - Rule 15

2. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

I met Miko Peled a few weeks ago at a similar talk that he gave locally.
    I was very impressed with him. He is a man of high intelligence, integrity,
    accomplished, and dedicated to Israel and the Palestinians. He was born
    into the Israeli military and political elite. He served in the IDF. He has a
    good understanding of this issue. I bought his book at the meeting and
    he signed it for me, "Free Palestine", Miko Peled.

I highly recommend either his videos or his book. Or if you happen to be
    lucky like I was, to see him in person.

dxr

3. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

An honest Palestinian telling the truth about Hamas

Mosab Hassan Yousef (later Joseph)[2] was born in Ramallah, a city 10 kilometers (6.2 mi) north of Jerusalem. His father, Sheikh Hassan Yousef, was a Hamas founder and leader who spent many years in Israeli prisons.

According to Yousef, when he was growing up he wanted to be a fighter because that was expected of Palestinian children in the West Bank. Yousef was first arrested when he was ten, during the First Intifada, for throwing rocks at Israeli settlers. He was further arrested and jailed by the Israelis numerous times. As his father's eldest son, he was seen as his heir apparent and became an important part of the Hamas organization. Yousef claims that his doubts about Islam and Hamas began forming when he realized Hamas' brutality, and that he hated how Hamas used the lives of suffering civilians and children to achieve their goals. Yousef was held by Shin Bet agents in 1996. He claims that while in prison, he was shocked by Shin Bet's interrogation methods, which he considered humane, when compared to how Hamas operatives tortured imprisoned suspected collaborators. He decided to accept a Shin Bet approach to become an informant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosab_Hassan_Yousef

I highly recommend the movie "Green prince" that breaks the Islamic propaganda led against Israel coming from the least likly person to ever support it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2304915/

And to our haters, seems all we need to do is keep breathing and you lose, too easy.

4. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

He is entitled to his opinion and he is free to express it in Israel and in any Western democracy as well [I doubt that a Palestinian could say a single word criticizing Hamas in Gaza ...].

A part this detail, he is also free to take part to the "electronicintifada" [you can find it on the net if you are interested to know more].

My personal impression is that he is an idealist [he has defined a pacifist activist somewhere], his comment [2008 December 4th] about the victory of Obama shows this attitude:

A part expressing his disillusion in March 2013 about how Obama deals with Middle East [idealism VS pragmatism, you know ...http://electronicintifada.net/content/obama-wont-bring-peace-palestine/12292].

His historical arguments are questionable and I would be glad to debate them in a historical forum [like I have probably done several times without knowing his personal thought, since they are matter of discussion on the net].

So, at the end, he is an idealist with great dreams, may be disappointed by the pragmatic attitude of Israel [the State] and with a certain rancor for an environment where he hasn't been able to be more influential [as probably he expected to be].

5. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I don't think much of HAMAS and often wonder exactly who they work for. Seems to me that every time there is a possibility of peace, they do something stupid... or some individual crime is attributed to them and they react by doing something stupid which causes Israel to bomb them.. 700 dead Palestinian children ought to get somebody's attention.

Fact remains that HAMAS has only been around since the mid 1980s but the Israeli oppression of the Palestinians has been around since the 1940s.

I have a friend who is considerably older than me.. She is very active and creative and fond of me.. I was stunned recently when she said that Judaism was not her religion... She said her religion was Zionism and that in the 1940s her family and friends raised money for weapons that were shipped to Israel via Argentina.

Out of deference for her advanced age and my affection for her, I didn't respond.. however I was shocked at the passion with which she talked about the support from her large extended family re: Israel and its goals. It seems utterly devoid of any sense of justice or fairness.

6. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

Notice this post and you will understand why those who support the Palestinians on this board are not really ready to debate.

1. He is not sure who Hamas works for and then alludes to the the idea that it is Israel who activates them.
    2. Appeal to emotion talking about the 700 dead children, which are all the fault of Hamas.
    3. Hamas is the child of many Palestinian terror organizations. The notion that it was the result of Israeli action is stupid.
    4. An ancedote about person who calls Zionism their religion......yawn.

The bottom line is if Hamas stops fighting there will be no war, if Israel stops fighting there will be no Israel. Miko Peled has a delusional view of the history. He sees himself on a singular mission. I am not sure I would put all my eggs in the Peled basket.

7. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

This festering sore has existed since I was a child... The Israelis continue to take land and water and destroy ancient olive groves and did so 40 years before HAMAS existed.

8. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

I am sorry that your anger blinds you to reality.

9. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Oh I am not angry.. I feel sad about Palestine.. I would be ashamed to be an Israeli and condone or try to justify what they have done..

I really don't blame Israelis as much as I blame their government which ALWAYS prefers that they be fearful of another impending Holocaust than deal justly with the people who provided sanctuary when they were turned away elsewhere.

10. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

Probebly because most ppl forgot how things were for the Jews in the 40's, its easy to forget now that Israel won and raised to be a regional power but was not the case back then, ppl starved to death during the seige on Jerusalem for example and were under constant fire, that generation also went throu the Holocaust and hate crimes, so her wavering faith in God and trust of the manifest of Jewish state is understandable IMO.

11. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I understand the past and the horrific suffering, fear, loss and death that was the Holocaust... but why the Palestinians?

12. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

You speak as if it was granted the land lost by Jordan belonged to some 3rd party - that was'nt even named back than, sorry but you can't apply what was agreed on 20 years ago - 40 years back.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they were the one shooting and killing them ?

And its wrong to suggest Jews took "revenge" for the Holocaust on the Arabs, Jews simply fought them as they fought us, the Holocaust gave them motivation that's all.

13. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Palestinians.. Christians and Muslims lived in the West Bank.. Syrian Druze lived in the Golan Heights and Lebanese lived in Shaaba Farms. Arab Bedouin lived in the Negev.

Did you expect them to leave quietly?

14. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

I dont recall evacuations after the land was seized, no I dont expect them to leave but dont expect Israel that just fought a bloody war with the Arabs to define the Palestinians as a nation for them, that's the point you made when you said Israel "stole" their land by building its own settelments there, you basicly expected Israel will decide for the Arabs on Palestinian indipendance.

15. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Define them as a nation??

Hell, they lived there for 2000 years... which would certainly give them as much rights as the European refugees.

16. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

But they saw themselves as Jordinians and Egyptians (regarding Gaza) NOT an Indipendant state! look im not saying those living there had to move because they didnt own a flag, Im saying its not fair to expect Israel to recognize an area to belong to some country when it was not, for all Israel knew they would join Israel as citizens or the UN would decide on diffrent borders for Jordan or a 3rd country. Its something they should have done themselves, ofc they didnt because they refused the mere idea of an Israel by any border, ppl tend to forget that as well.

17. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

Marlowe, the OP, has offered a path to the light, but none are so blind as those that will not see.

Miko Peled was brought up in the false myths that still live in minds like the poster Gilos. But
    he freed himself as have many others.

Miko Peld
    Ilan Pappe
    Gilad Atzmon

These Israelis are the current day "Prophets" that seek to bring light to Israelis, Jews,
    Christian Zionists, and others who are suffering delusion from these myths.

18. HBendor

HBendor New Member

Gilos we have to emphasize that the <RECONQUISTA> of the Land of Israel by the IDF did put an end to the conquest of Judea, Samaria and part of Jerusalem by the Jordanian Legion lead then by British Officers.

The IDF alone did chase the Jordanians behind the Jordan river Eastward. The Land reclaimed must be Jewish by any yardstick of historical truth... (The name <Palestinian> was coined in 1964 by Arafat at the behest of Abdel Nasser.
    And Arafat used to shout to the mob <Falastinuna = our Palestine>

19. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

History is irrelevant. What is relevant is the situation now. You can whine on about "time immemorial" and archaeological artefacts until you're blue in the face, but they remain utterly pointless and have absolutely no bearing on the political situation in 2014.

20. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

In the free world we call it "opinions", everyone has the right to have at least one, smart ppl know there is truth in nearly any opinion.

21. HBendor

HBendor New Member

Especially your take friend.