Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speaks to the 69th UN General Assembly

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by HBendor, Oct 2, 2014.

1. HBendor

HBendor New Member

2. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

1) He should stop talking about the 2 state solution that he and most right wingers clearly dont support - and talk about what else could work
    2) I cant hear him talking about Iran, if he'll ever be assisnated it will be because of this and probebly in the middle of uttering it "Ira....BANG"
    3) I agree with most other things he said, screw the UN and its hypocracy.

3. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Well, in view of the total disdain Netanyahu usually treats the UN with, perhaps you should be calling him the hypocrite. Seems he only shows any 'respect' to the UN when he uses it as a convenient platform to whine about Palestinians from.
    He doesn't abide by the laws and conventions Israel agreed to by becoming a UN member state, so WTF is he even doing there?

4. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

Israel routinely violates international laws. It spies on the US and steals nuclear and other secrets from them.

But, then again, many American's loved Hitler before he became a security threat to the Old Powers of Europe. Same poop, different poop-hole.

5. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Difference being that America has been in love with Israel since 1947, despite all the poop. All that time and they haven't figured out what a duplicitous pariah-state Israel has become?

6. upside-down cake

Oh, I think they know it. Countries do not have friends, they have alliancies of interest, or allies. Even so, you can tell, there is this weird connection between the US and Israel, like two people stuck in a bad marriage. I think Israel has some sort of leverage over the US. Not Illuminati-type things, but geopolitical things. It is the 5th largest nuclear power in the world, one of the richest nations, and it's strategic positioning is vital to western interests. This gives Israel the power to make demands. Israel also has an abnormal amount of influence around the world in Western-type countries. Not only things like the defamation league, but through that the ability to check other countries polticians and media and such. It's quite interesting when you spend time on the subject, and a bit creepy. When looking at Israel, you really can't judge a book by its color. They are a lot more powerful than meets the eye. Combine this with land dominance, and I couldn't say what would happen.

7. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

He is a hypocrite speaking in a hypocrite house, they fit each other. and I dont think he was asking for something.

8. AKRunner88

AKRunner88 New Member

Oh we know. And we are quite all right with it.

9. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

In occasion of 2009 Israeli elections I expressed my preference for Mrs Livni, since I appreciated a lot her activity in the unlucky Olmert government and her leadership of Kadima. A part other things I found curious that she left the party, Kadima, [she lost the primaries against Mofaz] creating a further political movement. Curious, not odd, being Italian I keep on noting that the Isreali Republic is a copy of the Italian one [also in Italy important politicians show the habit to create new parties ...].

Anyway she is in Netanyahu's government [Minister of Justice].

This said, on the base of what I thought in the past, and on the base of the experience of this government in the last years, I can say that Netanyahu has made a government which came from a political compromise [which caused, in my opinion, also division within Israeli parties] and this means that he has to mediate. Also when he makes a speech at UN [he, at the end, represents the political forces supporting him].

So it happens that similar occasions are also oriented to talk with internal allies, while presenting the image of Israel to the world.

This is why I'm not surprised he has expressed some not so clear and direct positions [for example, the two states solution was in the program of Kadima, the party of Mrs Livni who is today in his government ...].

10. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

America also violates the same laws and then some, anyway. These laws exist as some kind of lofty ideal never enforced, and perhaps as a means to bully other nations if our rulers happen to decide it's warranted.

Psychopaths run the world.

11. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

The U.N. leadership has traditionally been anti Israel, Pro Arab. Overtly.
    Kurt Waldheim and Dag Hammarskjöld are two such leaders that immediately come to mind.
    The U.N. deserves every bit of disdain any Israeli can serve up.
    No Blue U.N. helmet ever defended Israel's right to exist. Not once.
    Sadat tells them to leave their Sinai peace keeping posts so Egypt can violate the peace and the U.N. obediently complies. Those were Peace Keepers? Ha !
    And whatever a vote, Israel has one vote, Arabia has . . .
    Yup! Fock the U.N.

Moi :oldman:
    Invite the U.N. to leave America.
    Let the U.N. try Brazil , or maybe India.

r > g

172-0205015005.jpg

12. upside-down cake

Pretty much. Foreign or domestic, actually. Like the Manning incident. The guy uncovers crimes in government and he gets jailed. Did anyone in government get jailed? No.

Guantanamo? We'll hike across the ocean on the charge of human rights violations, but we incarcerate the people who point out our own.

All bull poop. All of it. They are liars, professional.

13. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

Well the US is a mega power and other countires needs her to be one as much as it wants to be, there is no way to make EVERYONE happy, it sticks to its and her allies intrests just like every country in the world.

14. Borat

Borat Banned

as opposed to you and the rest of the british public whining non-stop about Israel while your own country with your full acceptance and acknowledgement is illegally (according to international law) attacking/invading/occupying/bombing 5th country in a row in the last decade alone.

Talk about the log in one's own eye.

15. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

The "poop" as you call it is the Republicans control over my country, so happens that 50-60% of my country support that Republican way.

16. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

I'm fully au fait with the failings and shortcomings of my country, and will gladly participate in any thread relevant to it. However the subject of this thread is Israel. I suggest you stick to the subject; 'look over there' won't get you very far.

17. Borat

Borat Banned

Ha ha ha, this is not nearly enough, if your country is a criminal entity and a brazen violator of international law in your view, you should fight against it, boycott it, agitate against it, participate in demonstrations against it, stop paying taxes that are financing your illegal wars, there is a ton of legal actions and activities you can resort to to stop your government's criminal behavior.

yet you spend 99.9% of your time bashing Israel which is doing 1/1000 of what your country is doing and unlike your country Israel is outnumbered, besieged, unrecognized by neighbors constantly under threats and attacks and is doing it in self-defense.

18. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

I won't be alright with it, if the geopolitical situation changes and the US State falls as a result. Right now, we can rely on being the world's "military power" to back up failed geopolitical moves(IE: Israel), but what if the situation changes?

Will the U.K be aligned with a weaker US? Would they not take the opportunity to reclaim at least the original 13 colonies? Unlike in 1776, would France come to US Aid? I doubt it, modernized weapons would put France in direct combat with Britain. Then there's France's economy to consider.

We know Russia would seize the moment, so other Western powers like Italy/Germany will abstain. Combined with our "multicultural" weakness at home and the US would collapse.

As for the "World Reserve Currency", that would simply be re-established to the EURO, or the world would agree to some monetary trading system, weighing their currencies value in proportion to the strength of the native economy.

The US is currently teetering at the edge, and we don't have the diplomatic or economic leadership required to move forward.

19. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

Then why not nuke 'em all now while you can ?

Seems to me the Jews are the least of your problems, Mexicans and the Native Americans will hunt you down in the streets, African Americans will burn you on crosses.....Jews will probebly sell you life boats at outragous rates....

20. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Since when is the US stealing land and water or debating whether or not to expel or exterminate another group of people?

21. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

I may not like the INTL actions of your country, I'm wary of the blowback but I'm not nuking you(or anyone else), the US has long supported non-proliferation. Unfortunately, Israel has yet to give the same commitment. I support a "Religious Neutral Zone" to be enforced by the UN since neither Israel or Palestine can co-exist.

The little childish fight over land's gone far enough.

22. Borat

Borat Banned

I was talking to Snake who is in the UK, whose country, according to his own admission is a brazen violator of international law and an aggressor, illegally invading, occupying, attacking and bombing one country after another, virtually non-stop for decades now. (His opinion, not mine)

He and his fellow british compatriots are willing participants in the crimes committed by their government, judging by the fact that they are doing precioius nothing to change the status-quo, instead they dedicate all their energy to bashing tiny, besiged, outnumbered Israel which is constantly under threats and attacks and yet not doing 1/1000 in self-defense of what their own country does.

23. creation

creation New Member

No we're not participants we vote and argue against it.which is alot more than you do regarding Israel.

24. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

You've highlighted very well that unlike you, Snake is capable of taking a self-critical and rounded view. The day you criticise Israel will be the day I fall of my chair in disbelief.

25. creation

creation New Member

Israel rejected out of hand the offer to place the Un on its side of it's borders. so you can stick that in your pipe.