'First You Feel The Round Hit'

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by longknife, Oct 3, 2014.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

[​IMG]

This really hit me in the gut. A Marine's first-hand account of being shot in combat. His feelings and reactions have right made this go viral on the internet.

Whether or not you're a vet this should bring about emotions.

Oh yeah, I already read the “We wouldn't be there is it wasn't for Bush” and all the rest of the leftist bull(*)(*)(*)(*). Who cares? When they've had balls enough to have served. I MIGHT pay attention to them.

And, read the whole thing down to the last paragraphs @ http://www.businessinsider.com/us-marine-afghanistan-shot-2014-10

2. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

I have friends who have unfortunately been shot and they described it much the same way. The sledgehammer feeling is a common phrase used by everyone I know as well. Luckily I have never experienced such a thing and hopefully I never will. Getting blown up sucks Ive had a few of those. The aftermath of an IED hit feels a lot like having the worst hangover humanly possible. One of those ones where you drink a 5th of whiskey straight on an empty stomach and dont drink any water then pass out. Feels like there are vice grips on your head and somebody has punched you in both eyes and kicked you directly in the man parts. The nausea and everything with it. You don't really hear the IED go off if it hits directly. You are just riding along then all of a sudden you open your eyes and everything is blurry and dusty and there is somebody shaking you and yelling but you likely can't hear them because your ears are ringing and you are confused trying to figure out what just happened. It isn't until a few seconds later that everything starts to hurt and you want to do nothing but close your eyes and sleep.

Ill take that over a bullet any day. Luckily that was the worst I ever experienced.

3. longknife

longknife New Member

Thank your for sharing this with us. It is in the exact same theme as my OP. :salute: :flagus: