September Thread of the Month

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by OKgrannie, Oct 8, 2014.

1. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. Cubed

Cubed Well-Known Member Past Donor

Congrats :) Nice thread

3. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

It is a good thread for debate, while I disagree with it generalizing people I do agree it starts debate.

4. Micketto

Micketto New Member Past Donor

A hyperbole-filled, anti-Christian, anti-Conservative thread wins some goofy prize at PF.

Shocker.

My favorite highlights...

5. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Hmm just seems like a (*)(*)(*)(*) ton of stereotypes.

6. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Just the OP deserves the thread of the month:

"So if only we can convince 'right wingers' there is no God, we can teach them science and climate change and evolution and stuff, because they are stupid and don't believe in science. Then we can stop fighting and help poor people not be poor anymore."

Only liberals can appreciate science because, they're smart, ya know.

It's a frickin' genius idea! And if we can't convince them there's no God, we'll just chop their heads of like the French did.

7. ManifestDestiny

ManifestDestiny Well-Known Member

Do you think people who believe in Islam are stupid? What about people who believe in Scientology or Mormonism? Are they stupid?

I dont think they are stupid necessarily, but they do hold stupid beliefs and religion is definitely one of them. I dont blame them for being religious though because they were brainwashed, if I was born in Nevada Missouri like my parents than I would be a ignorant Christian just like them, but luckily I was born in a large liberal city in Texas, El Paso. Here I had plenty of intellectual influences rather than just ignorant racists like in Nevada. The vast majority of my family are hardcore racist Republicans, they dont deny it and they have Confederate flags on their wall and everything, I rarely if ever talk to them now that I have grown up. Oh, and not surprisingly, they think Obama is the worst president in all of history :roll:. These are stupid beliefs yes, but not stupid people, its just a matter of them being brainwashed since childhood, which is why Christians love private and homeschooling so their children dont get any intellectual influences, only ignorant religious influences so they are bound to grow up Christians. I remember Richard Dawkins going to a private school in England and asking the kids how many of them believe in evolution........Not a single one raised their hands, they all just repeated right wing talking points about how "If we used to be monkey's, why are there still monkey's today? herp derp" and of course even their teachers didnt believe in evolution, you think its a coincidence that when none of the teachers believe in evolution, none of the kids end up believing in it either? Its called brainwashing. People who are brainwashed are not stupid, they have simply been exploited by others, usually their parents.

8. ManifestDestiny

Many stereotypes hold some truth to them, generalizations and stereotypes exist for good reasons.

Watch this, I will stereotype you and I bet you I will be right, you are a Right Winger right? You dont believe the Rodney King beating/trial was racist, right? Trayvon deserved to be shot, huh? So did Michael Brown?

Those are stereotypes of right wingers, now prove me wrong or prove me right.

9. ManifestDestiny

If nobody ever generalized anything we would spend our entire life arguing with the first person we met. Generalizations exist for a reason, they shorten things up so much you dont have to spend all this time on little things.

For example, I generalize you and ASSUME you believe the Earth is round, correct? I dont have to ask you if you believe the Earth is round or not, I generalize you based on the fact we live in the year 2014 and I ASSUME you believe the Earth is round, its a safe generalization. If someone says they are an atheist, you can generalize that they believe in Evolution, that is not really a question you have to ask them its something you can just safely assume. This same thing applies to just about everything, of course there will always be exceptions but if you run into somebody who believes the Earth is flat than I will retract my generalizations, but I doubt thats going to happen.

10. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

1. Nope, not a winger of any type.

2. Rodney king ? I think the cops were out of line and I also think the black community and its reaction was out of line. Both big (*)(*)(*)(*) ups.

3. Trayvon being shot ? Yes, I do not think anyone should have the right to beat and pound someones head into the concrete. He was shot once , it stopped the attack , he died from it.

4. Michael brown , the robber ? Doesnt look good for him.

Feel better now ?

11. flounder

There are times you can, and times you cant....When you are dealing with politics grouping is a no no,,it's a fairly common rule. All conservatives do not think the same way, and the same with Liberals. Always best to say ''some'' Liberals,,or ''some'' conservatives.

Look at this line for example...
    ''the right wing believes in free will and thinks poor people are poor because its all their fault,'' whereas the left wing believes poor people are poor due to a lack of education, malnutrition, and just a overall unhealthy environment that they
    This is what we call grouping, it's entirely false,,had you said ''some people on the right think..bla bla bla, then that would be accurate. It is also close to flamebait. it is saying something that would stimulate an emotional response, and the reason?,,because it is false.

12. ManifestDestiny

Ok fair enough but its not "some" right wingers, its "most" right wingers. I can do a poll here and easily show you, the vast majority (if not all of them here at least) believe strongly in free will, its not just "some" of them. That is like saying only "some" Nazi's dont like Jews, its pretty safe to just say "Nazi's dont like Jews", yes its a generalization but again, its a very safe generalization. Trust me im not saying generalizations are a good thing, essentially what im saying is they are a "necessary evil" or something along those lines. Another thing though is I am entirely 100% against generalizing based on race, that is a "no no" for me, but generalizing based on ideology? That is fine in my book, people SHOULD be judged based on their ideology, not their skin color or sexual orientation.

I understand you are trying to be fair and technical, which is fine, but im not a big fan of false equivalency, im not going to equate the Left to the Right when they are just simply not equal, one side runs on fear and hatred, the other side runs on science and tolerance, these are just facts of course with a few exceptions, there are exceptions to everything and thats when people like you come in with false equivalencies :roll: Dont get me wrong, im sure you have good intentions, its just not my style. Certain ideologies just are not equal. It would be like trying to say "Some Democracies turned out to be really bad......therefore Dictatorships and Democracies are 100% equal!" thats just not the way the world works im sorry, or at least not the way I see it of course.

13. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

I see you are not Jealous that none of your hyperbole-filled, anti-Liberal threads did not win the goofy PF prize of the month. Not to worry, keep posting yours as always and maybe one day you might get the same recognition.

14. flounder

Of course you do not, you rather make the other side look inferior through exaggeration not science, and intolerance instead of tolerance,,,,,LOL
    See how that works?

15. ManifestDestiny

So you think the Right Wing and the Left fear monger on an equal level? You are a funny guy

16. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

OK so....most terrorists today have a belief in Islam....and....Communism has been a general failure.

17. flounder

I think it depends on ones ideology, they both cheer lead, they both exaggerate, they both think they are right. One will say, the right has no heart, the other will say the left buys it's votes with goodies.
    And so,,it goes on and on.....

18. ManifestDestiny

So from a neutral standpoint, do you think both sides are equal in their fear mongering?

[video=youtube_share;22CluEbY8t4]http://youtu.be/22CluEbY8t4?t=2m24s[/video]

This is just an ad from the recent election, feel free to find me a Democrat ad fear mongering anywhere near that level.......You arent going to find one and we both know it, they dont exist.

Tell me this, why do you think it is there are no official Left Wing Hate Groups? Have you ever even thought of that? There are tons of right wing hate groups, not a single one of them is left wing. Can you explain this to me why that is? Is it some massive conspiracy for organizations around the world to never label a left wing group that preaches hatred as a hate group? Or is it that the left wing ideology of equality and community is far far less likely to breed hatred, let alone an entire group spawned around hatred? Clearly it is the latter, but if you want to take the conspiracy route be my guest.

19. flounder

The entire far left is a hate group, they invented PC,,,, they hate old white men,,,They hate one percenters as well [except if it's them], They hate Religion, Israel, America, small business, family values,,Priest's , etc etc etc.... anything is possible once you exaggerate...

Look, I am not looking for a debate, I am simply saying that grouping people is not only wrong but factually incorrect....

20. PatriotNews

Anecdotal evidence, and sweeping generalities from a liberal is as believable as the Easter Bunny. Not surprised that you do not hesitate to throw you relatives under the bus. Where have we seen that before? (Barack's grandma maybe). This is not something new for liberal children that have been brainwashed by leftist teachers in a corrupt education system that doesn't teach kids to write or do math, doesn't teach civics, US History or about the founders, but indoctrinates them on global warming, I mean climate change, and gay sex and gay rights and whites are racist and America is evil, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Just to let you know, many scientists are Christians or other religions, and belief in both is not mutually exclusive.

21. ManifestDestiny

Wow, you just went full blown Right Winger right there :roll:

If we really were so hateful as you say we are, why are we not classified as a left wing hate group by any credible organization? The only people who call us a hate group are right wingers or people who are defending right wingers, such as yourself.

PETA hates when people harm animals, does that make them a hate group? Of course not, you are taking the definition of "hate group" to an extreme. If a family group hates when people get divorced, that doesnt make them a hate group. The KKK on the other hand, which REALLY hates certain groups, that is a hate group, and to no ones surprise of course they are a Right Wing hate group. Just because a certain group doesnt like another certain group of people doesnt make them a hate group unless they actually start preaching hatred and violence against them as a group. This goes for left wingers to, yes we hate religion, old white oligarchs, priests, big business (we support small business, not big business), "family values" (which usually is just code for hatred of gays), etc, yes we hate all of those things but its not the same type of hatred the KKK or other hate groups have about the people they hate, we dont preach violence against any of these groups we hate or anything along those lines. Again, pretending the left wing is a hate group is like pretending PETA is a hate group just because they despise people who harm animals. Its a false equivalency, something you seem to be a absolute master of.

edit: Oh, and as for the far left wing hating Israel and America, that part is also true. We dont hate them the same way the KKK hates black people though, its a much different hatred as ive already explained.

22. ManifestDestiny

Belief in both are absolutely exclusive. Science shows us we all evolved from Apes and we all originated from Africa, religion tells us Adam was created from dust and Eve was created from his rib, they had incest for centuries and created the human population with all the different races and ethnicities we see today.

Tell me, which is more likely, the scientific explanation of evolution, or the creationist explanation of magical dust and centuries of incest? They are 100% incompatible, its funny you even try to put them on the same page, typical right wing revisionist.

23. PatriotNews

Typical liberal strawman argument. I think we're done because you are too far down the path of ideological indoctrination.

24. PoliticalWatcher

PoliticalWatcher New Member

good points! I wanted to add a couple of questions to the discussion:

When was the last time we saw a group of pro-choice haters standing outside an adoption agency...screaming at those going inside? When was the last time those pro-choice haters were charged with bombing an adoption agency or killing someone who worked there?

When was the last time a left wing hate group traveled around the country to disrupt funerals of soldiers because they hate heterosexual people?

How many Federal Buildings have been bombed by left wing hate groups?

How many instances of violence can anyone cite by a left wing hate group (no matter how small) at all? Because of any reason?

Y'all take yer time...I'll wait...

25. flounder

Dont you see?, I do not hate the left. I was giving you an example of exaggerations and grouping. Yet you took it as ''fact'' that I was spewing. This is what others see when you group people.
    Now had I said,,,,''SOME'' on the left hate Israel,,''SOME'' on the left hate America then that would be accurate and much more acceptable,