Overt Racism is Apparently Entertaining

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Whaler17, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the new show "Blackish"? Overt blatant racism played off as comedy. I wonder how a white person show would go over if it stereotyped blacks the way this shows stereotypes both whites and blacks. Assimilation is apparently extremely negatively viewed by some networks. Why is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNqqjDv6_dU

[video=youtube;JNqqjDv6_dU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNqqjDv6_dU[/video]

2. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

I don't find the overt racism of President Obama, AG Eric Holder, or presidential adviser Al Sharpton, either. As for the show, I don't have a television. I'm still waiting for President Obama to buy me a 52" flat screen television.

3. Nat Turner

Nat Turner New Member

Why would the Supreme Oppressor buy a TV for a Mexican? No comprende.

4. Unifier

Unifier New Member

I don't know. This might actually be good. It kind of highlights how the younger generation on the show doesn't buy into the outmoded racist attitudes of the father. They're all ready to move on, and he's still stuck in the past. This might turn out to be a timely show.

5. one more clone

one more clone Banned

A white ppl show that stereotyped blacks would be absolutely hilarious but it would get shut off.

Heck, if they just showed "cops" unfiltered, without putting in every white criminal they could, it would be hilarious.

6. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

I watched it tonight and thought it was pretty funny. I don't know what shows you watch on tv but most of them play off of stereotypes. They are also used in books, movies, even music. It's a way for the writers to create quick flat characters and a way to a craft some great round characters that change and grow beyond their stereotypes. As well as challenge traditional views held in society. If you would of watched the show you would have seen that is exactly what happened on the show tonight.

Do you like Han Solo from Star Wars? His character is nothing more than the stereotypical cowboy. The reluctant bad boy hero bound by honor to do the right thing.

7. Nat Turner

Nat Turner New Member

I personally find the show dumb and offensive but why should it be any different than 90% of the stuff on TV?
    Jerry Springer made a living out of making fun of poor blacks and po' white trailer trash and his show even had a spin-off as I recall. Most TV is a wasteland.

8. Deno

Deno Well-Known Member

I am going to have to check this out.

It looks funny.

9. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

99% of Hollywood is "white ppl shows" fyi

10. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I dont see anything wrong with it? Modern family does the same type of humor..

11. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Indeed. It might prove to be educational for right-wingers and help them to join the 21st century.

12. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Its not the right that labels Blacks Uncle Toms... Looks like you need educating as well.

13. Whaler17

I did watch the show Skippy, and it was loaded with stereotypes that ordinarily would be taboo if a white person were to use them. Hypocritical. You don't seem to understand the racial environment in the U.S. or the hypocrisy that surrounds the media narrative.

14. Whaler17

And that show is hypocritical as well.

15. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

Think Archie Bunker. That was the show that really started down the "stereotyping" road. Laugh In did it too, but in a different way. Both shows were really funny IMO.

16. NothingSacred

NothingSacred Active Member

It's OK to be racist against white people, especially men, in fact it's encouraged.

17. NothingSacred

And MORE ACCURATE as to what reality is. I hate those TV ads for ADT where they show a white guy robbing a home! Screw that! Make it REAL, make it a black guy! PS... I am a far LEFTIST.

18. Whaler17

And how many overtly (look it up) harp on black racial stereotypes? How would you react if they did?
    - - - Updated - - -

LOL, so abandoning all morals and boundaries of decency is "joining the 21st century"? No thank you!
    - - - Updated - - -

WOW< I bet your party hates you. :laughing:

19. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

Times have changed, but old bigotry has not disappeared, as is amply demonstrated on PF just about every day.

I am in Charleston, SC at a conference. I saw a couple walking downtown last night wing their child. He was black. She was white.

I am old enough to remember when the cops would have swooped down on them and beat the crap out of him before locking him up for a tumped up charge.

Granted, Charleston is a lot more sophisticated than the rest of the state, but it still represents positive change.

On the other hand, the explosion of outright bigotry that has accompanies the Obama presidency and incidents like Ferguson remind us that the past is still with us.

20. JWBlack

JWBlack New Member

Sounds like 'All in the Family'
    ... A working class bigot constantly squabbles with his family over the important issues of the day...

Just another remake with a race swap.
    ~shruggs~

21. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

most of hollywood are overtly "white ppl shows", theyre not ashamed of it either. its quite a tribal enterprise.

22. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19/opinion/oe-stein19

Who runs Hollywood? C'mon
    December 19, 2008 JOEL STEIN

I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood.

How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah.

The person they were yelling at in that ad was SAG President Alan Rosenberg (take a guess). The scathing rebuttal to the ad was written by entertainment super-agent Ari Emanuel (Jew with Israeli parents) on the Huffington Post, which is owned by Arianna Huffington (not Jewish and has never worked in Hollywood.)

The Jews are so dominant, I had to scour the trades to come up with six Gentiles in high positions at entertainment companies. When I called them to talk about their incredible advancement, five of them refused to talk to me, apparently out of fear of insulting Jews. The sixth, AMC President Charlie Collier, turned out to be Jewish.

As a proud Jew, I want America to know about our accomplishment. Yes, we control Hollywood. Without us, you'd be flipping between "The 700 Club" and "Davey and Goliath" on TV all day.

So I've taken it upon myself to re-convince America that Jews run Hollywood by launching a public relations campaign, because that's what we do best. I'm weighing several slogans, including: "Hollywood: More Jewish than ever!"; "Hollywood: From the people who brought you the Bible"; and "Hollywood: If you enjoy TV and movies, then you probably like Jews after all."

I called ADL Chairman Abe Foxman, who was in Santiago, Chile, where, he told me to my dismay, he was not hunting Nazis. He dismissed my whole proposition, saying that the number of people who think Jews run Hollywood is still too high. The ADL poll, he pointed out, showed that 59% of Americans think Hollywood execs "do not share the religious and moral values of most Americans," and 43% think the entertainment industry is waging an organized campaign to "weaken the influence of religious values in this country."

That's a sinister canard, Foxman said. "It means they think Jews meet at Canter's Deli on Friday mornings to decide what's best for the Jews." Foxman's argument made me rethink: I have to eat at Canter's more often.

"That's a very dangerous phrase, 'Jews control Hollywood.' What is true is that there are a lot of Jews in Hollywood," he said. Instead of "control," Foxman would prefer people say that many executives in the industry "happen to be Jewish," as in "all eight major film studios are run by men who happen to be Jewish."

But Foxman said he is proud of the accomplishments of American Jews. "I think Jews are disproportionately represented in the creative industry. They're disproportionate as lawyers and probably medicine here as well," he said. He argues that this does not mean that Jews make pro-Jewish movies any more than they do pro-Jewish surgery. Though other countries, I've noticed, aren't so big on circumcision.

I appreciate Foxman's concerns. And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them.

23. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

Wow thanks Jew. Without Whites nobody would even have a TV. Thanks for using dishonest business practices to take over White industries and then using them to demonise Whites. Thanks so much Jews.

24. NothingSacred

I don't have a party. I'm like a pro worker union leftist, I don't care about any of that gay, race, woman, PC CRAP! I'm all about fighting for a bigger piece of the economic pie for the working class. For example, I'm glad it seems like gay marriage might be forced on the nation, do I care if gays get married, NOT AT ALL.... I just want the issue to go away so we can talk about IMPORTANT STUFF.

- - - Updated - - -

Go back 10,000 years and erase Europe from the map and you'd have a bunch of people living in caves trading recipes for tree bark. PERIOD! FACT!

25. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

I have an idea, why not totally change the subject and make a dubious and ironic attack on White people. After all, admitting I'm correct isn't on the cards is it?