Tell me again that racism almost dead in this country

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Arphen, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Arphen

Arphen Banned

2. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

Huh? White people wearing some clothes expressing their ethnic identity, pride, and opposition to the horrific attacks leveled against them is "racism [???] to be abhorred" while non-Whites conducting violent and non-violent ethnic warfare against Whites on the land they settled is less serious?

Non-Whites murdering, raping and demonising Whites in the media, isn't "racism", but Whites joining an organisation opposing that is "racism"?

So what can "racism" mean from that POV other than a meaningless name to shout while attacking Whites?

3. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

There is only one way to eradicate this problem.
    Have sex, the weaker gene will inevitably become a distant memory best forgotten

4. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

You understand that dominant genes code for several fatal diseases? That recessive genes are highly selected due to their value.

5. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Could you point out anything in the OP that said anything about "Non-Whites murdering, raping and demonising Whites" or the other things you've been ranting about?

I'll give you some slack that your from the UK and thus you are unfamiliar with the KKK, and that your remarks which appear to excuse or defend the copy being a KKK member simply reflects gross ignorance on your part as opposed to blatant racism. But maybe I'm wrong.

6. mikemikev

mikemikev Banned

No. My point is that that was conspicuously absent from the OP.

Yes you are. You are just calling me names.

7. Iriemon

So start a new thread if you want to rant about irrelevant matters.

I'm wrong that you are familiar with the KKK and are excusing and defending this cop being a member?

Or I'm wrong that you're simply a racist?

8. Super21

Super21 Banned

Why do you think racism is so bad? So you are pro-multiculturalism?

- - - Updated - - -

How can you call him a racist when you are a multiculturalist? How is multiculturalism not racism?

9. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

There's so much fail in this post that I'm just going to shake my head and walk away.

10. Iriemon

Because it discriminates against individuals for negative reasons based on hate or feelings of racial superiority.

We've seen where that leads in the past.

Multiculturalism is the cultural diversity of communities within a given society and the policies that promote this diversity. As a descriptive term, multiculturalism is the simple fact of cultural diversity and the demographic make-up of a specific place, sometimes at the organizational level, e.g., schools, businesses, neighborhoods, cities, or nations. As a prescriptive term, multiculturalism encourages ideologies and policies that promote this diversity or its institutionalization. In this sense, multiculturalism is a society “at ease with the rich tapestry of human life and the desire amongst people to express their own identity in the manner they see fit.”

To some extent.

Racism is the view of racial superiority and inferiority and negative views on a group of people based upon their race, and the prejudice against an individual simply because of his membership in the race.

Multiculturalism is not that, is it?

11. Super21

Super21 Banned

Why don't you help me understand what's wrong with it?

12. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Prosecuted? For what? Being a racist? Have you lost your mind?

Fired yes, prosecuted, no. We can be racist in this nation, but we should not have racists in law enforcement.

If we prosecuted racists, half of the black population would be in jail. Wait, they already are, but not for their racism.

You give liberalism a bad name, for it makes liberals look a fry short of a happy meal. You do liberalism no service sir. We need rational liberals, and leave the irrationality up to the modern conservatives.

13. Iriemon

Yet we see racists do it all the time -- they attempt to defend their own racist hate and prejudice by re-defining was racism is to be overbroad.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree he shouldn't be prosecuted, unless there is some law about police officers being members of race-hate organizations. And maybe their should be.

14. Super21

Super21 Banned

Do you believe that discriminating against other races means you hate them and believe you are superior? I think the multiculturalists do this in favor of non-whites.

Minorities are treated better in America and western "racist" countries than any other country.

What was wrong with Jim Crow?

I believe it is.

Racism is simply a preference for ones own race, whereas multiculturalism is a preference for other races or non-whites. Racism and non-racism are very similar beliefs.

And for discrimination, multiculturalists discriminate against the majority to fulfill their desire of a heterogenous community or country, like with immigration and racial quotas.

15. Iriemon

Not necessarily.

Regardless of what you think, that is not how it is defined.

Great. Why do you think America is a racist country?

I didn't say anything about it.

That is not how it is defined, regardless of your belief.

That's not racism at all. Nor is it multiculturalism. You're simply re-defining terms to make them meaningless. Racists frequently employ that tactic. Are you a racist?

Again, your assertion is inconsistent with the definition.

16. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

Not enough time on the face of the Earth to do that.

17. Super21

Super21 Banned

Then why is discrimination bad?

This is the official definition per dictionary.com

There is nothing about hate.

I don't. But we were a racist country because of Jim Crow not too long ago, and minorities were treated well.

You said racism leads to bad outcomes, and I clarified that outcome was Jim Crow in the United States.

Its not racism to discriminate in favor of a race and against another?

I see you are. By the definition I guess I am but I prefer to classify myself as being anti-multiculturalism.

18. Super21

Super21 Banned

Then pick a short point and argue it.

Long explanations are usually wrong anyways. Thanks for saving me that.

19. Iriemon

I never said it necessarily was. It can be, when the discrimination is based on negative views of a group and prejudice against a person simply because he or she is a member of the group. But it isn't necessarily.

Funny, that is not what I found.

From Dictionary.com:

noun
    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism?s=t

Other sources:

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2: racial prejudice or discrimination

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

a way of behaving or thinking that shows that you do not like or respect people who belong to races that are different from your own and that you believe your race is better than others
    http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/racism

someone who believes that other races are not as good as their own and therefore treats them unfairly:
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/racist

1. The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    1.1 Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/racism

Slavery and racism was bad in the United States.

It can be, not necessarily.

Explain the basis for that stupid assertion or retract it.

What a shocker.

20. Super21

Super21 Banned

Why is it wrong to have negative views on a group and discriminate against them?

Otherwise I see where you are coming from.

Alright.

Like how?

Racism wasn't very bad during jim crow.

Do you agree or disagree that multiculturalism is discrimination based on race? Multiculturalists believe that other cultures better, more advanced and beneficial and they thereby discriminate. I simply believe the opposite is true.

Multiculturalists are racist because they discriminate against whites in favor of other races with affirmative action or with immigrants. You did say that you are semi-multiculturalist.

Do you believe all races are the same? If so why do blacks excel in basketball, running and other sports?

21. Iriemon

I've played enough of your little semantics. You've more than amply established your racists beliefs and positions. Every racist on this board plays the little game of falsely calling others "racists" to diminish and justify their own racist views and behaviors. It's nothing new here. I see it all the time. It doesn't fool anyone.

22. Super21

Super21 Banned

Prove to me that multiculturalism is not racism or discrimination based on race and I will change my view.

Multiculturalism is just another form of racism, with white nationalism being two sides of the same coin. We are closer than you think.

23. Super21

Super21 Banned

I didn't see this.

Multiculturalists don't have negative views against whites and our culture and discriminate against us accordingly?

I don't think its unfair to restrict immigration to a better culture to prevent racism and race problems.

24. Iriemon

I gave you the definition of multi-culturalism. Multi-culturalism is not racism. Multi-culturalism is not hatred and intolerance of other races or based on attitutdes of racial superiority and inferiority.

You don't get to make up your own definitions so you can call everyone who celebrates diversity a racist, and use that to excuse your own racist beliefs and views.

Sorry.

25. Iriemon

Gosh what a shocker.

Some might. If they do then they are racists. That is not what multi-culturalism is.

I'm sure you do.