Using Drugs should be protected by the Right of Personal Choice

Discussion in 'Drugs, Alcohol & Tobacco' started by stevenkowalski, Oct 14, 2014.

1. stevenkowalski

stevenkowalski New Member

5.0 - A person has the right to act any way they want as long as the action:

5.0.1. does not subject a person that disagrees with it,

5.0.2. is not intended to affect a person that doesn't want to be affected by it

5.0.3. does not violate the terms of an agreement.

(taken from http://derive-the-law.blogspot.com/)

2. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

The sign of an insane culture is when it legalized killing the unborn for convenience, maintaining it is the right of the female to kill her unborn, while at the same time making it illegal with incarceration for exercising sovereignty over ones body and consciousness. The incoherence of this is evidence for insanity.

Yet we accept this insanity, which really tells one just how nutty the American people are. No wonder we vote in corrupt men time after time after time. We are basically village idiots. With less sense than an earthworm.

I am tired of politicians and others saying the American people are smarter than they are given credit for. No they are not! We are idiots, pure and simple.

3. Independent Thinker

Independent Thinker Active Member

I would agree with you if people could use drugs in their house and go about their normal lives. However, this is not the case. When people are addicted to drugs it's all they care about. Drugs destroy families, create a culture of laziness/violence, and exacerbate the welfare state. How are we supposed to compete in a global economy if so many of our people are useless, burden on society addicts?

4. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

it is exactly the case, most people that do drugs or alchol you would never even know, cause they are just like you and I

I agree, and same with alchol, disruptive public intox be it drugs or alchol *is* illegal today and should continue to be..

most people can work and smoke Marianna or drink Alcohol on the week ends or at night after work....

sure there are druggies, just as there is Alcoholics, but guess what, those exist legal or not

the drug war destroys more families then the drugs ever could....

the drug war arrests people that are not addicts or alcoholics.. that is the problem (it makes criminals of non-criminals)

5. Independent Thinker

Independent Thinker Active Member

Making drugs like cocaine, meth, or heroin freely available would create a large problem. They are more like tobacco than alcohol in that they are highly addictive to a lot of people. Alcohol is not addictive to most people. I've never heard of a weekend warrior crack or heroin user. If they only do it on the weekends it usually doesn't stay that way for long. I think we can both agree that the current approach isn't working, however, we'd strongly disagree on the solution. I actually think the problem is our drug laws are too lenient. If hard drug dealers were executed like they are in Singapore, cocaine, heroin, and meth wouldn't be much of a problem in this country. I want to make hard drugs harder to get, not easier to get. While some people may be able to use hard drugs once in a while without causing problems for anybody else, it's too much of a problem for the rest of society to put their continuation of using poison above everybody else. I do think we need to accept that marijuana is not really any worse than alcohol though, tax it, and regulate it.

6. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

I would make Marijuana,Cocaine, Mushrooms and Peyote legal --- I think that would remove the majority of "hard" drugs from our system like Crystal, Meth and Heroin....

most people, myself included did those drugs when younger fine, no addictions... yes some get addicted to drugs and alchol, they have a problem... and that addiction happens legal or not

prohibition just makes it a crime for the non-abusers

what we need to concentrate on is treatment and short term lock up (sober up time) for those that are addicts, be it alchol or drugs

I have no issue with pubic intoxication laws, or disorderly house laws... keep it together or get arrested, arrest people for real crimes, not imagined ones

one has a right to be intoxicated once in a while, just not a menace to society in public

addiction is a disease, and should be treated as such, be it food, alchol, drugs or whatever....