"Wendy Davis Calls Out Abbott For Saying Voting Suppression Ruling is ‘a Victory’"

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by TheChairman, Oct 16, 2014.

1. TheChairman

TheChairman New Member

Wendy Davis Calls Out Abbott For Saying Voting Suppression Ruling is ‘a Victory’
    http://www.politicususa.com/2014/10...es-african-americans-hispanics-a-victory.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Senator Davis wants for the voting public to know what her opponent, Greg Abbott, celebrates as a victory -- voter suppression.

Many Hispanic and African American voters will be left out of the process with Abbott, a Republican, appealing the court ruling that would have otherwise allowed them to vote.The Conservative Fifth Court of Appeals of course backed him up. That is why voters in Texas need to open their eyes to see what is happening and how the right does not want to help minority voters to be able to vote without the encumbrances they have set into place with Voter ID laws in order to prevent them from doing so.

2. Crawdadr

Crawdadr Well-Known Member

No one has ever been able to tell me how this disenfranchises poor minorities and yet does not disenfranchise poor whites. Showing ID to vote just makes good sense I have had to show proof of who I am in every election I can remember.

3. PT Again

PT Again New Member

Wendy is done.............

Please stop posting about her..........

abbot has double digit lead

4. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

Here in MA, the volunteer 88 yr old ladies checked my name off by accident before I voted (or someone took my vote). They tried to tell me I couldn't vote because I already voted. Only after I made an epic scene and produced three forms of ID and threaten lawsuits against the town did they allow me to vote. So basically here in MA all you gotta do is walk in early, give a name and street address and you can take someone elses vote away from them an put the burden on them to prove who they are. If I didn't have the forms of ID with me, I would have lost my vote.

5. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

It has to do with how racist Democrats view minorities.

6. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

Its their job. The Chairman among a couple other accounts here are a bunch of paid political staffers all using the a handful of accounts. You can tell because they make a crap load of new threads usually only responding on the first page before abandoning it and starting a new thread. Another sign is the obvious copy/paste methods they use. One final clue is in threads like this where they are obviously meant to push forth the message of specific candidates. Had this been about the Texas laws and a real poster then he/she would have discussed the topic in their own words instead of copy/pasting what one of their candidates said.