Abortion is a Social Good

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by Cady, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Cady

Cady Well-Known Member Past Donor

From weighing the many indisputable facts on the pro-choice side against the baseless and contradictory pro-life belief (that's all it is) the only reasonable conclusion is that legal abortion is a social good, not only for the woman, but for her family and a healthier society as a whole. That is easily confirmed by comparing countries where abortion is legal to those where it is banned, and women are second class citizens and children from poor families often end up on the streets. That is not to say the abortion rate should not be reduced by making sex education and contraception freely available, but the fabricated stigma of abortion is harmful in many ways.

From http://www.slate.com/articles/doubl..._pro_reclaiming_abortion_rights_reviewed.html

Three in 10 American women have abortions by the time they hit menopause. They are not generally victims of rape or incest, or in any pitiable situation from which they need to be rescued. They are making a reasonable and even admirable decision that they can’t raise a child at the moment. Is that so hard to say? As Pollitt puts it, “This is not the right time for me” should be reason enough. And saying that aloud would help push back against the lingering notion that it’s unnatural for a woman to choose herself over others.

...In the past 40 years, as the pro-life position has hardened, the American family has also been undergoing a tremendous shift. The most conservative parts of the country, the same ones that are likely to pass the most restrictive abortion laws, have seen a rise in single motherhood. The big secret, write Naomi Cahn and June Carbone in their story, “Did the Pro-Life Movement Lead to More Single Moms?” is that higher abortion rates correlate with greater commitment to traditional marriage.

2. Unifier

Unifier New Member

This might be the most chilling thread title I've ever read in my life. It's so blatantly evil that you just expect it to be sarcastic. But you appear to be serious. This is the kind of thing Adolf Hitler believed in. Genocide for the "good" of society.

3. Cady

That's your stated opinion based on, what? Not science nor even scripture, possibly religious dogma. Adolph Hitler (Godwin's law, no less) believed women's bodies should be regulated and controlled by the government. Your "chilling," "evil," "genocide" hyperbole is a "pro-life" attempt to stigmatize. Not working.

4. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, Hitler believed in controlling women, just like you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Germany
    In Nazi Germany, the penalties for abortion were increased again. In 1943, providing an abortion to an "Aryan" woman became a capital offense. Abortion was permitted if the foetus was deformed or disabled.[

Abortion is not genocide. Emotional appeal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide
    Genocide is the systematic destruction of all or a significant part of a racial, ethnic, religious or national group

The CHOICE of abortion is good for women. It can save their health, their lives, their liberty, everything that makes life worth living. What's good for women is good for everyone.

5. AKRunner88

AKRunner88 New Member

The greatest tragedy with abortion is there aren't enough of them being performed.

- - - Updated - - -

I've personally paid for four abortions, three of which were done in the second trimester. We had a good laugh about it and party each time.

6. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

This might be the most opinionated and pointless attempt at thread participation I have ever read in my life. It is so blatantly useless that you just expect it to be embarrassing, but you appear to be proud of it. This is the kind of thing Westboro Baptists believe in. Ignorant aggression for the "Good" of personal belief.

7. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Devaluing human life is never GOOD. Quite the opposite. For if we do not value human life, what in the hell do we value, that is greater than human life. What is greater than life? Comfort, convenience, not having to be responsible for what you in your sexual lust created?

With modern technology, with modern medicine, the fact that we still have abortions is an illustration of a tremendous lack of personal responsibility. That people still kill the unborn for nothing more than convenience is a travesty. There is no reason that anyone should ever abort, unless the unborn is threatening to the life of the mother. For we have something called birth control. One would think that with birth control being prolific and available, abortions should basically come an to end, the need to kill what you created.

Abortion is a failure for us to take personal respsonsiblity. Is personal responsibility along with social responsibility even taught to our kids these days in school? Hardly. What are the kids being taught? I, me, mine. That's what. If you condition the young to be irresponsible, to be only concerned with just themselves, you will have a future society that is exactly what you conditioned it to be. This ain't rocket science, but it may as well be.

Abortion is just another illustration of the fact that we do not cultivate a deep feeling of personal and social responsibility. And not doing this means we murder millions of the unborn, for the sake of personal convenience. No sir, there is nothing good about that paradigm at all. And I am not a Christian, so this isn't based upon some silly religion created in the brain of man. You don't have to believe in religion in order to be responsible, in order to want to be a good person, to develop a great respect for other human lives, than just our own. All you have to be is sane.

8. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Don't get mad because I pointed out the obvious. I'm aware that people don't like having the truth rubbed in their faces when they lie to themselves to rationalize what they are doing. But that doesn't make the truth any less true.

Trolling? Serious? I honestly cannot tell.

9. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Don't get mad because I pointed out the obvious, you are obviously unaware you are doing EXACTLY what you state everyone else is doing.

10. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

And all you have to be is alone, broke and pregnant to have a different viewpoint.... but you have the luxury of never being in that position so no tough choices for you, how nice.

11. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Slate? Are you serious? BTW the author of that diatribe in your 'Slate' link is Hanna Rosin who just wrote a book entitled: "The End of Men." No big surprise you'd paste that up as 'proof' of your outrageous statement.

I don't know how self-centered, stupid and selfish a woman can get by voluntarily having procreational sex then saying her pregnancy is 'inconvenient'.

That only proves that secular humanists have been successful in downgrading traditional morals and values in young children. They should be ashamed but, with no moral code I doubt they are.

12. smevins

smevins New Member

There is a reason that the vast majority of planned parenthood clinics are in black and hispanic communities. Eugenics is the part of Naziism the liberals like. They just like being the ones to manipulate the folks into thinking it is an "admirable choice" to kill your baby instead of using birth control to begin with.

13. FoxHastings

3% of Planned Parenthood services involve abortion....97% of their services involve BIRTH CONTROL, cancer screenings and other health services for men and women...these are the clinics you want to shut down.

Yes, they are often in poor neighborhoods so poor people can have access to affordable health services, something you are obviously against.

14. FoxHastings

15. RPA1

Yeah and I've always wondered about the name "Planned Parenthood" too. What planning? A planned killing? A planned termination? You people are not PLANNING anything, you're cleaning up the MESS you created by being STUPID in the first place. Just who the heck PLANS to have an abortion? I'd like to know so I can avoid them. Like the plague.

16. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

In New York City, in 2012 more black babies were killed rather then born. Black and Hispanic abortions were over 70% of all abortion in New York City in 2012. I dunno....I'm thinking there are some people that think this is for the social good.

With 54,245 black and Hispanic babies being aborted in one year in one city....Some people would say a lot of social good is going on in that 3% of services that aren't birth control and screenings.

White abortions were about 9000 by the way.......and I think Hitler would have liked these numbers.

17. smevins

smevins New Member

Sure. Almost 400K abortions a year is only 3% of their "services"

18. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

With Modern medicine and procedures the answer is perfectly clear, compulsory sterilization for males just after puberty. Sperm can be stored for IVF in response to a request by the male and a receptive female. There would therefore be no unwanted pregnancies and thus no abortion or allegations of Murder. Additional benefits would be the reduction in single parent families.

19. FoxHastings

I'm sure the individuals who decided for themselves to have an abortion consider it for their good.

Bringing up Hitler means you have no argument and are flailing.

But Hitler's opinion, like yours, is meaningless.....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is. Abortion is legal so they have no reason to lie. One of their major services, birth control, prevents abortions.....but Republicans want to shut down those clinics anyway.

20. smevins

smevins New Member

News flash: You can get birth control at Walgreen's and about any convenience store you can find. Doesn't take over a billion dollars a year for either to provide that just that service. Planned Parenthood is nothing but an abortion clinic and they only target people that the liberals secretly deem undesirables.

21. FoxHastings

You can believe that but you sure can't prove it....

22. RPA1

23. RPA1

BRYAN, TX, November 5, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com)—Abby Johnson, the ex-director of a Planned Parenthood abortion facility who recently made national headlines after converting to the pro-life position, has revealed that Planned Parenthood pushes employees to strive for more abortions to boost profits.

Abby Johnson had worked at Bryan's Planned Parenthood facility for eight years and been its director for two when she resigned on October 6th, near the beginning of Bryan's sixth annual 40 Days for Life Campaign.

She said that she grew uncomfortable with Planned Parenthood when they told her to try to bring more abortions through the door because of the economic downturn.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/p...tion-for-profit-ex-abortion-facility-director

24. Cady

Abby Johnson is a disgruntled employee. She quit her PP job because she was getting unfavorable job assessments and was about to be fired.

25. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

So instead of actually attempting (and it would only be an attempt) to dispute the OP all we see from you is the usual emotional irrelevance.