Could An Ebola Vaccine Spark A Zombie Apocalypse?

Discussion in 'Viral/Biological' started by gregdavidson727, Oct 20, 2014.

PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening. We urge you to seek reliable alternate sources to verify information you read in this forum.

?

Could An Ebola Vaccine Spark A Zombie Apocalypse?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can't Wait To Find Out!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's Totally Impossbile!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gregdavidson727

gregdavidson727 New Member

I just came across a patent on the Federal Register's website for a "rabies based Ebola vaccine" which is very interesting. If you're a zombie buff, you probably know that the zombie pandemics on many movies including World War Z were sparked by rabies. Like the Polio vaccine, a small percentage of the people who take take the rabies based Ebola vaccine at the link below will end up contracting the dormant virus within it. What do you think will happen after that? Will it spark a real-life Zombie Apocalypse?

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/03/31/2014-07023/prospective-grant-of-exclusive-license-multivalent-vaccines-for-rabies-virus-and-ebola-and-marburg

2. Jango

Jango New Member

I don't know about an Ebola vaccine doing something like that, but I suspect that a hybrid rabies virus could, one that specifically alters brain chemicals to get the desired results, of which, I'd go into survival horror mode immediately ;)

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Kinda like, "Hey, let's try it out on Mikey first...
    :confusion:
    Fauci: Ebola Vaccine Will Be Tested in West Africans
    October 27, 2014 -- The U.S. government is "moving along" in its attempt to develop an Ebola vaccine, Dr. Antony Fauci told "Fox News Sunday" with Chris Wallace.
    See also:

Vaccine ignorance is both deadly and contagious
    October 27, 2014 ~ Laurie Garrett is senior fellow for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations and the author of “I Heard the Sirens Scream: How Americans Responded to the 9/11 and Anthrax Attacks.” Maxine Builder is a research associate for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations. This column first appeared in the Los Angeles Times.

4. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

The majority of rabies does not turn its victims, humans or animal, into monsters. Most is called "dumb" rabies and is mainly manifested in paralysis and the eventual death of the poor victim. Some recent evidence suggests that rabies can be cured by inducing a medical coma, btw, as the disease was thought to be entirely incurable or treatable. As I understand it the only relationship between Ebola and Rabies is that they are both diseases. The use of a rabies type vaccine is because it's a fairly efficient vehicle for delivering a vaccine effective even when the malady is already incubating.

If the ****** silly zombie movies are making people afraid of vaccines it's time to stop them. I had thought that type of horror shot its bolt when we had "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", but it seems some people just don't get the point of Comedy Horror and believe literally everything they see in the movies is real. Then again, we DO have the Tea Party, most of whom seem to believe everything said by a failed sportscaster junkie and/or a guy whose picture is in the dictionary next to 'crewcut nerd'

5. marsattacks

marsattacks Banned

It will spark a dozen new Zombie shows about it. It's not in the news like itwas.