TEXAS: First Day of Early Voting Higher Than in 2010

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by TheChairman, Oct 22, 2014.

1. TheChairman

TheChairman New Member

Texas Voter Turnout Was Higher On Its First Day of Early Voting Than It Was In 2010
    http://www.politicususa.com/2014/10/22/texas-voter-turnout-higher-day-early-voting-2010.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Democrat Wendy Davis' message is being heard Loud and Clear. People are responding to it even on the first day of voting in Texas.

Davis is fighting against the voter suppression that her opponent, Republican Greg Abbott, believes in.

With minorities being not such a minority in Texas anymore, millions of new voters have been registered to vote with Battleground Texas' great direction and help. They are a Texas group that is Pro-Democrat. Battleground Texas' phenomenal job in getting groups to register new voters and existing voters to go to the polls can only underscore the propensity for working tediously hard and the unbridled goal by this group to get as many voters as they can to become more involved during the midterm elections.

2. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

When are the Texans going to get around to holding a secession vote?

3. TheChairman

TheChairman New Member

That's the Republican mentality alright. When the going gets rough -- Secede. That would be the only miraculous panacea to their problems.

4. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Betcha all those democrats from the major cities like Houston, San Antonio, El Paso and Dallas/Fort Worth are coming out in droves to cast their ballots early.

5. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

That's interesting since the wife and I went and voted a straight Republican ticket this morning and at our location inside the huge city of Houston, Texas all we saw were a great many elderly White and Brown and Asian men and women who made no bones about their intention to also vote . . . a straight Republican ticket and since this was a middle class and lower middle class and upper level poor district I wonder just where all those enthusiastic new Dem Party voters were hiding?

By the way, I just opened your supplied link and . . . I don't think I'll pay much attention to what a RADICAL leftwing site thinks it knows about Texas voters. Thanks all the same.

6. Ernie_McCracken

Ernie_McCracken Banned at Members Request

Oh please. I haven't seen a single poll where Davis was within 10 points of Abbott.

7. TheChairman

TheChairman New Member

You're quite welcome! Anytime! The voters are certainly getting out to vote now that they can, despite talk that Democrats would not show up in the midterm elections, so don't be mislead by what you think you might have seen as there are many other areas in Houston and elsewhere in Texas that you obviously did not see how they voted.

8. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

This kid has been fighting for the Dems this cycle on the forums by reposting everything that site posts... his mind is probably going to be blown when fair Wendy loses by over ten points.

9. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

Greg Abbot is leading by double digits.

10. TheChairman

TheChairman New Member

And that is not all that surprising given that Texas is a Red Republican state. However, Wendy Davis still has the Best Message for Texas and would help its residents far more than would Abbott. Too bad some people do not know or realize that before voting.

11. SwizzleStick

SwizzleStick Member

People realize that Davis is a dolt.

12. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Most Democrats understand that if they don't vote today they are going to have to drive to El Paso to cast their votes. And the line is going to be HUGE.

Republicans are counting on black and Hispanic voters not having cars.

13. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

If I could vote in Arizona for Texas secession, I certainly would. If only to get 'em to (*)(*)(*)(*).

14. TexMexChef

TexMexChef Well-Known Member

I'd be worried that those elderly will be voting on jello or pudding in 10 years.

15. Gatewood

Correct. In Texas even most Democrats are embarrassed by her.

16. Gatewood

In reality most Hispanics and Blacks inside Texas are fiscally intelligent hard workers who can afford their own transportation. Also in Texas to be Hispanic does not automatically mean that you vote Left. Statistically speaking, being Black probably does mean that a Texan still votes Dem Party, but that will probably be changing bye and bye. I won't even try to figure out what El Paso has got to do with cherished caricatures of Hispanic or Black citizens of voting age.

17. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Your talking "most" when the Republican goal is to shave a hundred here, shave a hundred there.

I use El Paso because it is a long way from everywhere, which is the ideal place to put a ballot box if you are a Republican.

I just don't understand why Republicans are going through those gyrations when Nate Silver has already given them a clear victory.

18. Gatewood

You don't understand why people of principle have principles and act on them?

19. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

I've been hearing that "people of principle" thang for decades now and all you've shown us is people like Cheney and Romney and McConnell. I must have a different definition of principle than you because I think your "people of principle" have been bereft of principle except for the "talk a good game" side.

20. Gatewood

Well for years now we have listened to leftwingers sneer at and reject just about everything traditionally considered aspects of culture and civilization and that are vital to ethics and morality. So Right of Center folk are at least trying whether or not they are all always successful as opposed to Left of Center folk who . . . ?

21. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Jeepers, GW, I am simply not seeing how all that translates to the people at the top of your party. Do you ever feel like you're being used? Obviously those people are not any more ethical or moral than the Dems at the top of their party. For every Bill Clinton there is a Newt Gingrich.

So then it comes down to talking the good game and I'd prefer people just shut up about it. I'm not a traditionalist and I don't want our past.

22. TheChairman

TheChairman New Member

You evidently don't know anything about her. Leading Texas newspapers have Endorsed her.

http://www.wendydavistexas.com/