One reason that Christianity is worse than even Islam

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by FreedomSeeker, Oct 24, 2014.

1. FreedomSeeker

FreedomSeeker Well-Known Member

There are a whopping 1741 instances of cruelty and violence between the Bible and Qur'an, but the Bible has way way more of that, so the Bible is likely even more approving of cruelty and violence than even the Qur'an is. Obviously any belief system that has way more instances of cruelty and violence than THE QUR'AN is not a good belief system to follow. "Sure, my belief system is more cruel and violent than Islam, but I'm ok with that", sounds like it's spoken by an insane person.
    Of course if the Christian "god" really existed he would have foreseen that "his" religious texts would be so cruel and violent that he of course would have done something about it.....but he didn't.

Number of Cruel or Violent Passages:
    Bible 1214
    Quran 527
    http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot...lent-bible-or-quran.html#sthash.CTCT4cMi.dpuf

What OTHER things do you feel are worse in Christianity than even in Islam?

2. Riot

Riot New Member

You really don't believe your own crap do you? The bible isn't calling for beheadings. Please check yourself before you wreck yourself.

3. FreedomSeeker

Which is worse, a god who APPROVES of dashing babies against rocks (yeah, the Christian god is immoral), or one who approves of beheading adult war captives? Sounds like the former is even a bit more immoral than the latter. But of course they are obviously BOTH immoral - on THAT we can all agree!

4. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Interesting information...............

5. FreedomSeeker

Which is worse?
    A. Beheading, say 5 million infidels, just say.
    OR
    B. Killing every living thing in the world (billions), yes even innocent babies, puppies, kittens, etc., (except for the inhabitants of one boat), because you made a mistake.

Clearly 'B' is the answer. So your example falls on its face (no offense.)

6. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Have you read the Bible or the Koran?

7. FreedomSeeker

Not just interesting, but to a thinking, peaceful moral person it's enough to get them to leave their Christian delusion....one would think.

8. FreedomSeeker

Which do you think, say, Gandhi or Ben Franklin (or other non-Christians) would prefer, A or B?
    A. Being beheaded by ISIS (painful, but doesn't last real long.)
    OR
    B. Being in Jesus' after-life torture chamber of endlessly getting his skin burned off, and then it re-growing, then burning it off AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

"A" is the correct answer to a thinking person. The "all-powerful, all-caring" Jesus is too immoral to change this, however, so at least compared to ISIS, Jesus is not very moral.

9. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

So your contention is, Christianity is worse than islam?

Take your lifestyle and move to a muslim nation in the middle east, and that will either make your smarter, but more than likely you will not survive it. Or you could stay in any town here that has lots of churches, and not worry about your lifestyle getting you murdered.

And I am not a Christian, or a member of any religion. You are talking sheer nonsense sir.

Christianity has a bad history, but were capable of reform long before you were born. Islam is probably incapable of reform. We no longer burn heretics, but Islam still chops off the heads of their apostates.

Why are you not logical, nor rational? Leaving that stuff at the door is what religious nuts tend to do.

10. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

So, you believe in that myth? I thought you had to be a Christian to believe in their myths. If you believe in such a myth, yet are not a Christian, that would explain your OP here. Cognitive dissonance.

11. FreedomSeeker

"Allegedly, according to the Bible/Jesus" is what I'd ideally preface each claim they make with, so you make a valid point.

Obviously no thinking person can believe the Bible/Jesus, because the world is not less than 10,000 years old, as science shows us every day.

12. FreedomSeeker

No, not less moral in EVERY way, certainly not. Just more moral in a good number of ways, as I've shown in this thread. There are, however, astonishingly similar things between those two immoral fairy tales.

For example, they both say to kill gays in multiple places in their texts, so of course they are both highly immoral. I can't IMAGINE being so immoral that I'd identify myself with a belief system that still, after centuries, doesn't have the moral backbone to change said texts to not say to kill decent innocent people.

13. crank

crank Well-Known Member

It's possible you're not familiar with FS' s modus operandi, given your response. He distills the worst of religion into bite size chunks and asks the believer to confront these, often ignored, terrible truths of their dogma.

It's a kind of public intervention, if you will. And he'll stick to his guns no matter how much you rail - he's not easily rattled or offended.

14. Riot

Riot New Member

Tell me in the last few years which religion has been calling for the deaths of others and doing so? Just one word is needed. Thank you!

15. crank

crank Well-Known Member

I don't think the point is headcount circa 2014. the point is the moral worth of two religious texts.

16. The Amazing Sam's Ego

The Amazing Sam's Ego Banned at Members Request

Who cares if the Bible is more violent than the Koran? That doesnt make Christianity worse than Islam. The violence of the Bible is just stories-there are very few Christian extremists out there committing acts of violence.

17. Riot

Riot New Member

No I dont care about history. I live now. Here. Today. I don't care what either fake religions fairly take books state. I know today I see the religion of Islam causing terror in the name of their pretend god. A story they need to give them purpose in life because they are too weak to face the truth that there is no 47 Virgins.

18. FreedomSeeker

Unlike religion, I'm consistent (or at least try to be.)

Jesus was clearly not consistent, as he said to treat people with kindness, but also was allegedly perfectly fine with MOST PEOPLE (think about that - since most people are "hell-bound" non-Christians) getting brutally, savagely, tortured worse and for much longer than Hitler could ever even have dreamed about torturing his worst Jewish enemy - in the so-called "afterlife".

Modern Secular Humanism loves humanity too much to want to see anyone to get tortured (unlike the Prince of Torture....or is it the Prince of Peace, I can't really tell, since he's so inconsistent.)

P.S. I never said I was a "he".

19. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

" One reason that Christianity is worse than even Islam"

both groups religious fanatics can be equal deadly, and equal evil... as history has show...

20. crank

crank Well-Known Member

Another point misser.

that being, you SHOULD care.

and 'just stories'? so the resurrection isn't true? jesus being the son of god - not true?

21. FreedomSeeker

On that we can certainly agree.

Now can we agree that any overall belief system that takes people away from reality has some potentially serious flaws in it? Kind of like a DRUG does.

- - - Updated - - -

crank, run for Prime Minister, I'll vote for you.

- - - Updated - - -

So true.

22. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think that the Christianity is the more dangerous of the two to me personally.

I live in a country that is predominantly Christian, where folks claim to believe in the who Christian cult/myth thing, and claim to adhere to the principles of it. Not that they actually do, but that is the claim.

That is the basis that many folks in this country have for stripping others of their rights but citing their own "religion" as the reason why laws need to be passed.

23. Riot

Riot New Member

Does the Quran tell these idiots if the die for Islam they will get virgins? If so does it say if these virgins are females or males. Oh how I would love to see the surprise on their face if they kill themselves for male on male love.

24. FreedomSeeker

The Bible is held up as a moral guide book, so if the most popular book of all time (Bible) is immoral and claims to be a moral guide, then of course that matters.

"Just stories"? Stories meant to convey moral truths, apparently. So the morality of the stories in the most popular book of all time needs to be examined. Compared to Modern Secular Humanism, religions fall far short in the moral department.

The immorality of the Bible tends to bring us down as a species.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, can't have that, because if they do that then we'd have to KILL them, right.....or is the Bible wrong about what should be done to gays? Which is it?

25. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wow, the stupidity is astounding. I guess you never heard of Jesus or the New Testament. Nothing is obvious with such little understanding except the lack of understanding.