Competent Dogs Outperform Obama Administration Security

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JBG, Oct 25, 2014.

1. JBG

JBG Well-Known Member

Recently, despite Secret Service "protection" of dubious value, and in a show of the Obama Administration's galling incompetence, Omar J. Gonzalez leaped the White House fence and was tackled in the East Room. Apparently dogs aren't into the "hug a thug" routine. Jordan and Hurricane, two Belgian Malinois managed to catch the latest White House intruder, pinning him after reaching speeds of up to 30 mph and delivering a nice bite. See story below (link to excerpts):

[​IMG]
    Jordan, one of two competent
    Secret Service agents
    K-9 ‘Agents’ Lift Spirits of the Secret Service With Heroics at the White HouseK-9 ‘Agents’ Lift Spirits of the Secret Service With Heroics at the White House

WASHINGTON — Jordan took a kick to his snout. Hurricane was slammed to the ground and repeatedly punched. Both were rushed to a veterinarian for treatment.

But by stopping a fence jumper from getting into the White House on Wednesday night, the two members of the Secret Service’s K-9 unit accomplished something that humans in the agency have been hard-pressed to do recently: They performed their duties flawlessly and, at least for a day, lifted the morale of a Secret Service that had been rocked by a series of embarrassing incidents.

What the dogs, both Belgian Malinois, did was stop a man who had managed to get over the fence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue at 7:15 p.m. Wednesday. The dogs, which can run 25 miles per hour and have a bite that applies hundreds of pounds of pressure per square inch, knocked the man to the ground, and bit him. As the man tried to fend the dogs off, officers moved in and arrested him.

The way the episode unfolded Wednesday night was in sharp contrast to what happened one night last month and ultimately led to the resignation of Julia Pierson as the Secret Service director. In that case, a uniformed Secret Service dog handler chose not to let a dog loose to stop a fence jumper as he ran toward the front door to the White House. Uniformed agents tackled him after he got through the unlocked front door and into the East Room. The dog handler later told Secret Service officials that the dog was not let loose because it was not clear that the dog was tracking the man. Fearing that the dog would attack one of the officers trying to apprehend the man, the handler kept the dog on its leash.

(snip)

The dogs did their jobs. I wish I could say the same for other members of the Administration. And imagine if both the Secret Service and local police used far cheaper (these dogs run $5500-$6000 each) and far more vicious breeds such as Golden or Labrador Retrievers?

2. smallblue

smallblue Well-Known Member

The K9's are part of the secret service.

Gotta love praising the SS while demeaning the SS in the same breath. Obama Derangement Syndrome at work again.

3. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Are you kidding me here?

Are you (*)(*)(*)(*)ing kidding me here?

You know damn well what the point here is.

You know damn well what the point here is, because you're not an an idiot.

You might support idiots, who appoint other idiots, that surround themselves with idiots, and assume everybody who votes for them are idiots, but I'd like to believe that you yourself ...are not an idiot.

Now am I right or am I wrong?

Obama is a clown, he cant secure his own house ...he cant secure the border ...he cant secure the country ...he cant secure foreign interests.

This is all proven documented fact.

Cheers to the K9's.

4. Texsdrifter

Texsdrifter Well-Known Member

Good dogs, if I was choosing a guard dog would want Boerboels and/or Fila Brasilero roaming the grounds. The Boerboels are the more laid back of the two. The Filas are psychos to anyone except their owners. Doubt if anyone would try to jump the fence after they heard what happened to the first one to try it.

I can't understand why someone would jump the damn fence to begin with. Likely why the first guy got so far nobody expected a person to be that stupid. The SS are basically the same people no matter what party occupies the white house. I doubt anyone cares more about their performance than Obama. They were caught by suprise once and it appears the problem has been corrected.

5. smallblue

So Obama is a clown because the SS K9 unit which falls under the same exact authority as all SS was successful. Jesus Christ.

6. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

Once?

lol.

The SS is one outfit that should never be "caught by surprise". To be caught by surprise once means they aren't doing their job. Period. No excuses.

7. smallblue

I know right:
    [video=youtube;3Bj6aOgfcJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bj6aOgfcJU[/video]

So under which recent admin did the SS fail the most. The same admin in which whenever you compare anything put forth as negative for the Obama administration it was done twice as bad by: The Reagan administration of course.

8. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Obama is a clown for a great many reasons the least of which are the actions of dogs.

Take 10 steps back and look at how despite you are to convince me that Team Obama is ...at best ...as good as dogs, haha.

9. smallblue

The K9 unit falls under the SS like I stated before. So if the previous SS actions fall under him then so do the current.

And I'm not despite, not quite sure how to be despite frankly.

10. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Yes sometimes speech-to-text fails me.

What I obviously meant to say was that you are desperate, desperate to have me believe that Obama and his lackeys aren't every bit the laughable clowns they demonstrate ...on a daily basis ...to be.

And with that I say good night.

11. Texsdrifter

As I said I doubt anyone cares more about the SS performance than Obama. His kids, wife, and his own life depends on them. Mistakes are always gonna happen its how you react and go forward. I am certainly not a fan of Obama but in this case it appears the problem was solved. I wish he would have corrected some other screw ups, that have occurred this quickly. That is another topic see no reason to always hate on the man. He screws up enough without having to nitpicking IMO.

12. JBG

JBG Well-Known Member

Why would anyone try to jump the fence? Because they suspect that the Secret Service are clowns maybe?

13. JBG

JBG Well-Known Member

The point is that if the Secret Service's operating instructions before the fiasco was to "avoid injuries" and not use the dogs, that endangers the President and the public. I suspect that the dogs do their jobs just fine when allowed to, as does the U.S. Army. When restrained for reasons of political correctness it's another story.

14. JBG

JBG Well-Known Member

I would prefer Golden or Labrador Retrievers, or Newfoundlands or maybe Great Danes for my guard dog. Imagine what would happen to anyone approaching one of those dogs?

15. Dollface

Dollface New Member

Yet Obama still has not allowed plains to fly into buildings or attacked an innocent country. LMAO what a worthless opinion thread

16. JBG

JBG Well-Known Member

No one is suggesting that the U.S. should engage in tactics aimed at innocent people. Allowing a dog to do its job protecting the White House is hardly the same as commissioning a plane (your spelling corrected to fly into civilian buildings.

17. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you're quoting me. I said absolutely nothing about 0bama. I couldn't care less about 0bama. Who's nitpicking?

18. Texsdrifter

A pretty stupid move that will get you in the news. I would not describe people who jump in front of bullets to protect others as clowns.

Any large dog trained properly can do the job. The ones I picked need no training it comes naturally. Preventing the Filas from killing the intruder would be the hard part.

19. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

Well I guess if obama gets blame for hiring all secret service agents then I guess he's also in charge of buying and training their dogs as well.

20. Texsdrifter

I was responding to your quoting me. While true you never mentioned Obama. The thread title and the OP did several times. So apologies if I misinterpreted your position.

If someone blames Obama for the guy that made it in the White House. That would qualify as nitpicking IMO.

21. smallblue

If you read the OP it explains why in the previous incident the dogs were not used and also why the dogs were used this time around. Now I know you have zero experience or first hand knowledge in either incidents which took place, so your opinions about what they should have done are just laughable.

And you still aren't getting the sheer idiocy of this threads title which you created: "Competent Dogs Outperform Obama Administration Security"

THE DOGS ARE PART OF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION SECURITY.

22. JBG

JBG Well-Known Member

I wrote the opening post. Their reasoning is an example of post-hoc rationalization (link). The fact is that along with rules of engagement in war that tip so far in the way of protecting civilians that fighting is difficult, the Obama administration wants to do anything possible to avoid hurting criminals. Since dogs operate on "auto-pilot" even though quite intelligent, this panty-waist administration wants to avoid actions that might really be effective. Trust me, your average fence-jumper doesn't want to deal with a Belgian Malinoise.

Unused when they were really needed.