Egypt postpones Gaza Egypt peace talks.

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by alexa, Oct 26, 2014.

1. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

(Made a mistake in the thread title. It should of course be Gaza Israeli.)

Egypt is postponing the Gaza Israeli peace talks because it is blaming them for the attacks on her security forces.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/bre...peace-talks-due-to-terror-attacks/2014/10/26/

and Reuters

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/26/us-mideast-palestinians-egypt-idUSKBN0IF0F020141026

I know there is one somewhere which blames it all on Hamas apparently using the tunnels which Egypt has already blown up.

I don't put the likelihood of this being Hamas remotely high. I do know that Egypt wants Hamas destroyed due to their links with the Muslim Brotherhood and am concerned at what this is going to mean to the people of Gaza with winter approaching and them not even having the basic needs of life such as water and warmth.

2. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

A-Sisi can do whatever he wants, Egypt is not a Democracy therefor its not judged by Western standarts but by "oh well, at least they have order there" sort of standart reserved to most countries in the ME.
    A picture of starving Palestinian in the cold is worth another Billion $ to Hamas so be sure if there will be any - many pictures in diffrent angels will be posted by your press, safe to say till then they are not starving.

3. alexa

I understand they are working in concert with Israel. Your interests are similar in this regard.

You imagination is wrong in this respect. While several years ago we used to get regular news reports of what was happening in Gaza, since the kidnapping of our reporter Alan Johnson this has stopped. We hardly hear anything.

This up until last night seemed to have only been reported by Middle Eastern sources as well as Reuters.

Egypt is talking about blasting everything within 2 and a half to three kilometres of Gaza and destroying all her tunnels. You will be aware that she has already destroyed the tunnels to the best of her ability. An Israeli on another site suggested that the only way Egypt would be able to do this was by a ground invasion of Gaza.

Cannot help but say it looks to me that between the two of you you have come up with a Final Solution for the people of Gaza. Will be interesting to see how the world intervenes should this come to pass. Maybe we will yet see Israel starting a nuclear holocaust as one poster on this site was suggesting last week.

If however we assume Egypt is not intending a ground war on Gaza but instead is intending on leaving the people harshly imprisoned by land and sea in the hell which your forces made of their land, then clearly that alone will see mass death over the winter, never mind it being a cruel and inhuman treatment of a people. In the short time I would expect that Israel being the occupying power would be responsible for the survival and well being of the people of Gaza and would face the consequences for deaths which resulted.

By the way I deliberately did not mention food. Not that they will not die without it and that the tunnels into Egypt was a massive source of it. I was instead talking about the disastrous consequences of Israel deliberately blowing up the only Power Station in Gaza and the reality that now already half a million civilians in Gaza do not have water and certainly without the ability for humanitarian need to get into Gaza the people will be dying in droves from freezing and thirst or the consequences of drinking contaminated water this winter. All were likely before due to Israel's actions. If Egypt creates a 3k buffer zone, then as I said as the occupying power, Israel will be held responsible for anything that befalls these people this winter or later. Never again for most of us means, to the extent we can, making sure no final solution is carried out on any people.

4. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

The Egyptian ppl and therfore its leadership will NEVER declare war on the Palestinians, they regard themselves as big brother, that said they do see Hamas as an enemy but still will not declare war on it in the open. Egypt wants Abu Mazen in Gaza and I would say its an Israeli interst as well but the path the current gov is leading - nothing will be in its intrest. we do share an enemy which is Hamas thou.

Well I dont see foriegn media much but I cant belive that any development on Gaza crisis will not be covered.....there are too many intrest groups in Europe to let it slip away.
    Will never happen, Im betting a week of :weed: smoking on it, all they will do is barricade the border, the Egyptian ppl will not tolerate invasion or an open war of any sort.
    Gaza will not go anywhere, at this time period there is a fantasy that Hamas can be replaced and abolished but most chances it will end in some sort of agreement that's all,

Who exactly Israel is supposed to Nuke ? Gaza ?
    Well ppl lived in Gaza for....centuries and beyond, trucks go in daily, true that their freedom of movement is abused but heck their leadership declared war on one side of the border and quite war on the other......what can you expect ? I mean your hopes are that Israel will one day be so sufficated by sanctions that it will have to agree to what ever solution is dictated to it right ? otherwise its ppl are responsible for its hardships, than its the same here as well. but as in Humanitarian law goes - no Gazan will starve.
    Why not lay down arms and keep a diplomatic "war" while living in a rich beach resort city (Israelis will never bomb with tourists there after all) if obviously they cant keep war on both fronts and closed borders ?
    I agree to most parts and I dont think it will come to that.

5. alexa

all this would get a like
    No that was my imagination of if Israel came into conflict with the West. As you have been saying extremely unlikely

Years ago I was saying the border had to be opened. If for no other reason because keeping the people locked up in this way resulted in most of them having no knowledge of the outside world. Most Gazan children believe that Jews are simply people who hate them and want to kill their parents and siblings. One of our stations did a documentary on them after Cast Lead and that was what they said. In addition by keeping Gaza closed off from the real world she had been forced to develop a black economy. Those who were involved in the tunnels became millionaires while the rest lived in more or less absolute poverty. On every level cutting Gaza off was an act against peace...but hey Gaza itself ought never to have been supposedly freed without proper negotiations which came to a sensible proposition which both people were in agreement with as to how they could live in peace. This is what Alistair Crooke was working on. My guess is that if your leaders had wanted this they would not have arranged to him to be sacked and refused from then on to talk to Hamas....and talking about jihaddists as you did in another thread, The Internationalist Crises Group warned Israel several years ago that due to Israel's refusal to speak to Hamas she was losing influence and people were instead leaving and joining Salafi Jihhadist groups which were far more dangerous than Hamas.

;) No it is not my hope. My interest is in getting justice for the Palestinians and hopefully but getting more difficult by the day, peace in the Middle east. Given that Israel cannot come to an Agreement with the Palestinians and has no need to this due to being militarily so much more powerful and instead is making the situation worse and worse for the Palestinians, I advocate doing whatever can be done to help the Palestinians in a peaceful way. Sanctions and isolation are the two things. What you are reporting is what I have said will be the result if Israel leaves sanctions to their natural conclusion. Israel would do better to realise as South Africa did that the chips are up and come to some recognition - either the 2 state solution along the green line which Sweden has recognised, the UK is near to demanding and the rest of Europe is likely to follow soon or for Israel to declare a one state solution with equal rights for everyone as well as a resolution of the Refugees. Here is the PIJ paper which the EU had done for them which describes a way in which this can be done.
    I don't agree with you. It is not in a position to have responsibility for her people. It is still occupied by Israel by her control over it's ports, borders and airspace and the effect that has on her ability to live as well as the constant killing by Israel of Gazans and the constant war and destruction of a country unable to defend herself. We do not need to get into this again. We clearly profoundly disagree. Of course to a lesser extent Egypt too historically in going along with Israel about borders. If Egypt is to do this 3K buffer zone who is going to get in to help? Only Israel and she has never provided what was needed. Remember 100,000 people or more homeless, the ability to purify water destroyed, her only power plant destroyed, where will she get winter heat and power for anything including hospitals. I take it though that you saying no one will starve is you saying Israel will provide where needed. That is what I said she would need to. It is going to be a massive job and the pressure of finding a way to resolve the difficulties in Gaza in a peaceful way for peaceful co-existence is going to become stronger. Israel has been too busy pinching land and spending her negotiations on how much land to pinch to even think about ways to resolve issues and come to peaceful solutions. She has always seen the way as force. That never has been the only possibility. Ordinary Palestinians want peace as much as ordinary Israelis. They also though want rights and the possibility of a decent life for their children in their homeland.
    It wouldn't happen Gilos. Look what happened to the West Bank when she lay down arms. However with proper talks and help from people with the proper expertise and disposition such as Alistair Crooke was, a solution can be found from you both working together.

Thank you.

6. alexa

Looks like you guessed wrong Gilos. ABC is now reporting new developments.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/egypt-create-buffer-zone-gaza-border-26511645

Israel is going to be hell of a busy over the winter making sure the people of Gaza survive. At the moment 100,000 homeless, around half a million without water, the 1 Power Plant destroyed in Israel's latest attack meaning lack of heating and all things which require power including sanitisation of water and whatever you do to deal with sewerage. Clearly they need masses of help to survive this winter.

Now Egypt is cutting them off leaving them in their prison to die. It will be left to Israel to ensure their survival.