Mississippi Imprisons More People than...

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by CherryPanda, Oct 28, 2014.

1. CherryPanda

CherryPanda Banned

... Russia and China Combined

Read more: http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/...eople-russia-china-combined.htm#ixzz3HRrHgKAk

Frightening statistics, I should say. And feels like something that mustn’t be happening in my country, but still it does.
    Isn’t it too much? Doesn’t it pervert the idea of what a free country should be? Is a sign our country is turning into a police state, and we don’t even notice that?

2. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

You used imprecise language in your thread title. The more accurate title would be "Mississippi imprisons more people per capita than Russia and China combined."

Mississippi had about 35,000 prisoners (1155 per 100k times population/100k). China had about 1.6 million prisoners (same calculation but for 1.357 billion). Russia had about 680,000 prisoners. Combined they had about 2 million prisoners.

Liberals seem to be innumerate. There is a big difference between absolute number and rate.

Also, I really doubt the Chinese statistics. The Russian stats seem reasonable.

3. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

I thought the default punishment for most crimes in China was shooting them and then charging the family for the price of the bullet.....at least that is what they used to do with drug dealers.

4. jenniferlopez

jenniferlopez New Member

thanks for the information giving post
    thanks for sharing with us

5. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

the war on drugs ruins more lives then the drugs themselves ever could