War on Women?

Discussion in 'Women's Rights' started by longknife, Oct 28, 2014.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

How is the USA and Western Culture compared to other cultures? Well, here's an example – and I don't think it's isolated:

The taboo of menstruating in India

"I'm not allowed into the kitchen, I can't enter the temple, I can't sit with others."

And where is the voice of American feminists and liberals about this?

Read the story @ http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29727875

And then comes this: 10 best and 10 worst countries for gender equality @ http://cnsnews.com/news/article/10-best-and-10-worst-countries-gender-equality Iceland #1 on the plus side [USA not in top 10!] and Yemen the wordst [bottom 10 all Muslim.

2. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

Thing is the item about menstruation comes straight from the bible;

Leviticus 15,19-30 - "When a woman has a discharge of blood, and blood flows from her body, the uncleanness of her monthly periods shall last for seven days.”
    “Anyone who touches her will be unclean until evening.”
    “ Any bed she lies on in this state will be unclean; any seat she sits on will be unclean. Anyone who touches her bed must wash his clothing and wash himself and will be unclean until evening. If there is anything on the bed or on the chair on which she sat, anyone who touches it will be unclean until evening.”
    “ If a man sleeps with her, he will be affected by the uncleanness of her monthly periods. He shall be unclean for seven days. Any bed he lies on will be unclean.”
    “If a woman has a flow of blood for several days outside her period or if the period is prolonged, during the time the flow lasts she shall be in the same state of uncleanness as during her monthly periods.”
    “When she is cured of her flow, she will let seven days pass then she will be clean. On the eighth day she is to take two turtle doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance of the Tent of Meeting. With one of them the priest is to offer a sacrifice for sin and with the other a holocaust. This is the way in which the priest will perform the rite of atonement over her before Yahweh for the flow rhat caused her uncleanness.”
    “The children of Israel are to be warned lest they defile the tabernacle that is set among them"

and there are many woman's rights movements who are trying to tackle this type of thing in other countries.

As to there being a war on women, I personally do not think that is true .. however, there are certainly archaic thinking people who would like to see women back in the position of being chattel.

3. longknife

longknife New Member

This is a stigma for women all over the world. So sad that a natural and healthy occurrence should cause such pain and misery.

4. MarkHelms

MarkHelms New Member

Yeah, that is the time when a woman needs more care and cure, but she can not even say to anyone, how she is feeling. It is really immersing.