Jesus returns in 2017,,,,

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by RevAnarchist, Nov 4, 2014.

1. RevAnarchist

RevAnarchist New Member Past Donor

In 1217,(*) a year of Jubilee, the Jewish Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel prophesied about the final 10 Jubilees before the Messianic Kingdom would begin, to Christians that means when Jesus returns.
    2017 is the year he predicted, not that would be akin to the Mayan end time prophesy that the world or time would end in 2012. Except this guy has arguably been accurate about some things. For example the start of the final 10 Jubilees would be signaled by the Ottoman Turks rule over the holy city of Jerusalem, which would last for 8 Jubilees or 400 years. A Jubilee is a period of 50 years according to Leviticus 25:8-13. In 1517, which was also a jubilee year, the Ottoman Turks seized control of the city of Jerusalem and ruled over it for the next 400 years!(*)This prediction is a fact! Ok back to the Turks, as predicted they were finally driven out of the city and the holy land in 1917 by the Allied forces under the command of General George Allenby. The Rabbi’s prophecy about the 400 years was fulfilled exactly to the year.

It gets better or maybe worse for non-Christians, because The Rabbi also prophesied that during the ninth Jubilee , the next 50 years, Jerusalem would be a “no-man’s land.” This is exactly what happened from 1917 to 1967! The Holy City was placed under British Mandate in 1917 by the League of Nations and literally “belonged” to no nation. Even after Israel’s war of independence in 1948-49, Jerusalem was still divided by a strip of land running right through the heart of the city. Jordan controlled the eastern part of the city and Israel controlled the western part of the city. That strip of land was even called “no-man’s land” by both the Israelis and the Jordanians. It was not until the Six Day War in 1967 that the whole city of Jerusalem passed back into the possession of Israel. So once again the prophecy made by the Rabbi was fulfilled to the letter!

Now the most scary and exciting time period;The Rabbi also said that during the 10th and final Jubilee, Jerusalem would be under the control of the Jews until the Messianic kingdom would begin. The 10th Jubilee began in 1967 and will be concluded in 2017.

If the Rabbi’s prophecy holds true and the millennium kingdom begins in 2017, what does that tell us? If the “Time of Jacob’s Trouble” The Rabbi’s have taught there will be a total of 120 Jubilee cycles (6000 years) from the time God created the earth until the beginning of the Messianic Kingdom.

Most of the above was plagiarized from the web but I think it is interesting. Its not exactly what I believe, unless some truly world shaking both natural and maybe supernatural events take place. I am taking a wait and see attitude, but am doubling down that the timeline is off no more than 25 years, which is just an educated guess.

reva

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Swensson

Swensson Devil's advocate

What, we have to wait an entire 3 years before we can say we told you so to religious claims? Or does he need to take a couple of years to grow up or something?

DennisTate likes this.
  3. RevAnarchist

RevAnarchist New Member Past Donor

Oops did I forget to mention he lived In 1217? Lol I can see whats his name getting ready to call me on that one! Really though Rabbi Judah Ben Samue did pridict that and more! (*)The Rabbi prophesied about the final 10 Jubilees before the Messianic Kingdom would begin, to Christians that means when Jesus returns.2017 is the year he predicted, not that would be akin to the Mayan end time prophesy that the world or time would end in 2012. Except this guy has arguably been accurate about some things. For example the start of the final 10 Jubilees would be signaled by the Ottoman Turks rule over the holy city of Jerusalem, which would last for 8 Jubilees or 400 years. A Jubilee is a period of 50 years according to Leviticus 25:8-13. In 1517, which was also a jubilee year, the Ottoman Turks seized control of the city of Jerusalem and ruled over it for the next 400 years!(*)This prediction is a fact! Ok back to the Turks, as predicted they were finally driven out of the city and the holy land in 1917 by the Allied forces under the command of General George Allenby. The Rabbi’s prophecy about the 400 years was fulfilled exactly to the year.

It gets better or maybe worse for non-Christians, because The Rabbi also prophesied that during the ninth Jubilee , the next 50 years, Jerusalem would be a “no-man’s land.” This is exactly what happened from 1917 to 1967! The Holy City was placed under British Mandate in 1917 by the League of Nations and literally “belonged” to no nation. Even after Israel’s war of independence in 1948-49, Jerusalem was still divided by a strip of land running right through the heart of the city. Jordan controlled the eastern part of the city and Israel controlled the western part of the city. That strip of land was even called “no-man’s land” by both the Israelis and the Jordanians. It was not until the Six Day War in 1967 that the whole city of Jerusalem passed back into the possession of Israel. So once again the prophecy made by the Rabbi was fulfilled to the letter!

Now the most scary and exciting time period;The Rabbi also said that during the 10th and final Jubilee, Jerusalem would be under the control of the Jews until the Messianic kingdom would begin. The 10th Jubilee began in 1967 and will be concluded in 2017.

If the Rabbi’s prophecy holds true and the millennium kingdom begins in 2017, what does that tell us? If the “Time of Jacob’s Trouble” The Rabbi’s have taught there will be a total of 120 Jubilee cycles (6000 years) from the time God created the earth until the beginning of the Messianic Kingdom.

This was plagiarized from the web but I think it is interesting. It's not exactly what I believe, unless some truly world shaking both natural and maybe supernatural events take place, and it would be nearly impossible with the short time left. I am taking a wait and see attitude, but am doubling down that the the return will be in 50 years plus or minus 100 years, lol. IMO, any claims by anyone to know exactly when the end time or Armageddon etc will be upon us goes against prophesy ie Gods word. I will say that anyone that reads the prophetic books of the bible could make a good guess of end time details and even the a rough idea of when Jesus will return. .

reva

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

actually Rabbi Judah be Samuel didn't say a word about Jesus.

Guno likes this.
  5. doniston

doniston New Member Past Donor

You mean we have to have a republican in the whitehouse for that to happen? duh!

6. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

This is a real pantload... Do you believe every so called "prophet"? People have been earning their living with this sort of rubbish for generations.

7. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The Rabbi thought the world was only 6,000 years old?? What idiocy.

8. trevorw2539

trevorw2539 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why would he? He is talking about the Jewish Messianic Era - not the Christian.

In any case the year of Jubilee is not in operation. It ceased when the 10 tribes were expelled from Israel.
    It can only apply when the tribes of Israel are in occupation of their own areas of Palestine. Lev. 25.
    There's more to it but that is the basics.

9. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

LOLOL... Gad... Jewish eschatology is NOTHING like Christian eschatology and never mentions Jesus at all.. Plus in 1200 AD the Rabbi would have believed the earth was flat.

I didn't know about the Jubilees..

10. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

Since Van Impe did not give his source for this “prophecy”, I had to research it myself. I found dozens of articles that were quoting this prophecy but I only found two sources on the Internet that were not just copied verbatim from the original source where the rest came from. One was from Joseph Farah of WND. His article was written in 2012 and it is titled Just 5 years till end times commence? , the main point of the Farah’s article came from an article in Israel Today. The other article was by Pastor F.M. Riley written on 3/9/10, he apparently also got his info from the Israel Today article. There really is only one original source of this “prophecy” attributed to Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel on the Internet that I could find. That article is in the March 2008 issue – page 18 of Israel Today magazine, that article was written by Ludwig Schneider.

There is nothing else that I could find to verify that such a prophecy from before 1217 AD even existed. It does not surprise me that people on the Internet just copy articles and do not give credit to the source, because some copy entire articles of my own without linking back to this site. What was really surprising, is that in the dozens of articles that I read, I could only find one article that was critical of the claim.
    http://www.fresh-hope.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55609

So anyone else find a reference to this rubbish other than the article in Israel Today?
    Snakeoil salesman as good today as they have always been!

11. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

So Rev, when Jesus doesn't come back in 2017 (lets just keep in mind that every prophecy predicting a return has been false), what do I win?

12. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The history of end times predictions and dates numbers about 250... and they are a riot.

13. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

That is in Christianity alone. Think about the other religions.

End Times predictions have a 100% failure rate. Not good.

14. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

The article is great... Made me laugh.

15. cupid dave

cupid dave Well-Known Member

First, let me say this all is confirmed by what Daniel says too:

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, (in 70 AD), and (the Dome of the Rock), the abomination (standing over the Most Holy Place), that maketh (the temple) desolate set up (in 690 AD), there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days (690 + 1290 = 1980 AD, the date Jerusalem became Capital again over all Israel)."

Dan. 12:12 Blessed is he, (1290 years after the 690 AD construction of the Dome of the Rock, that is: 1980 AD, when jerusalem became Capital again over all Israel), that waiteth (45 more years), and cometh to (the end), the thousand, three hundred and five and thirty days, (when by 2K25 AD, Israel will see Christ as The Elijah of 32AD).

Dan. 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be (into the 21st Century): for thou shalt rest (in the gene pool of the Jewish people), and stand in thy lot (when your text is drawn upon again) at the end of the days.

Second, I must add that Armagedden was the exact spot where the British defeated the ottoman Empire in 1917:

Armageddon (or Har-Megiddon), a symbolical name:
    a mountain or range of hills

megiddon megidd
    meg-id-done, meg-id-do'
    From H1413 ; rendezvous; Megiddon or Megiddo, a place in Palestine: Megiddo, Megiddon.

The Battle of Megiddo (less commonly known as the Battle of Armageddon and sometimes called Battle of the Nablus Plain by the Turks) of 19 September - 21 September 1918, and its subsequent exploitation, was the culminating victory in British General Edmund Allenby's conquest of Palestine during World War I.

British Empire forces made a massive push into the Jezreel Valley from the west, through the Carmel Ridge, then engulfed the Ottoman forces in the valley, (mentioned as the site where the Beast's armies gather prior to the Battle of Armageddon in the Book of Revelation), and on to the River Jordan.

When he was made a viscount, Allenby took the name of this battle as his title, becoming the First Viscount Allenby of Megiddo. Allenby claimed thereafter that he had fulfilled the prophecy of this event:

Rev. 16:16 And he, (who opens the sealed book: [Rev 5:5]), gathered them, (Jews, denominational Christians, and Muslims), together into a (triangular) place, (the place of these three views of the Bible: Jewish, Christian, and Muslim) called in the Hebrew tongue (the triangular valley of) Armageddon.

16. cupid dave

You must remember that the New Jerusalem had come down from heaven in 380AD, and what you say embraced all the tribes and the new Christian adherents with it.

17. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

There were many battles at Megiddo.. You might want to read up on its history.

18. cupid dave

Wrong on that,...

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12712-revelation-book-of

From the Jewish Encyclopedia:

..."the apocalypse, (i.e.; Revelation), has become especially important to Jewish students since it has been discovered by Vischer (see bibliography) that the main apocalypse actually belongs to Jewish apocalyptic literature."

19. cupid dave

Yes, that was why that site was the chosen place for the end of the muslim Caliphate in 1917, I guess.

Rev. 16:12 And the sixth angel, (an insight within John's mind), poured upon the great river (of Islamic peoples), Euphrates, and the waters (of that people's theology) thereof was dried up (and ready for the fire of Christian baptism), that the way (for the salvation) of the (Islamic) kings of the (Middle) East might be prepared.

Rev. 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits, like frogs, (i.e.; frogs: the Egyptian symbol for resurrection, hence these same ideologies are to be found again and again), come out of the mouth of the dragon (which is the secular, Western cultural Libidinal lust, called Satan, and the intuitive pagan feminism, or the sexual manipulation of society called the Devil: [Rev 20:1-2]), and out of the mouth of the beast (which is the economic misappropriation of labor, the Mode of Production), and out of the mouth of the false prophet (which is Mohammed).

20. trevorw2539

The Jubilees were very important in Jewish society. 7 cycles of shmita(Sabbath years) 7x7 = 49 years. In the 50th year slaves were to be freed, unless they asked to stay, debts were cancelled and prisoners set free.
    Land. The price of land for rent was determined by the length of time left in the Jubilee cycle. At the start you would pay more because you could get 49 years worth of crops. Less as the time decreased. At the end of 49 years the land returned to the owner.

There are varying views as to when the Jubilee Cycle was actually brought into play.

21. trevorw2539

Add to my previous post. Earlier civilisations had a similar system of 'Jubilees'.

I suppose the writers of the Tanakh picked up on this when they wrote their history.

22. cupid dave

What is interesting about this Rabbi was that he said Elijah had appeared to him, and told him about these predictions:

Ben Samuel was often called “Light of Israel.”
    Even bishops came to him for advice.

If anyone asked him where his wisdom came from he would answer, “The prophet Elijah, who will precede the Messiah, appeared to me and revealed many things to me and emphasized that the precondition for answered prayer is that it is fueled by enthusiasm and joy for the greatness and holiness of God.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/12th-century-rabbi-predicted-israels-future/#qP4A5qtdOfM9KqZy.99

This supports the assumption that Christ was actually The Elijah.
    The claim is that, Elijah had come down from Heaven when Jesus was baptized.
    The spirit of God, Elijah, had entered into him in a "transfiguration," which is an improper term for the Greek word used that was "metamorphosis."

23. trevorw2539

No. She's right.

Revelations is simply the Tanakh rehashed for Christian doctrine. If studied, Revelations takes almost all its 'vision' from various parts of the Tanakh. Then interpretes it for Christianity. As the quote says, it belongs to Jewish apocalyptic literature. Not Christian apocalyptic literature.

24. trevorw2539

Your opinion. I haven't seen any New Jerusalem. Your interpretation doesn't make any sense to me as I read the Bible.

25. trevorw2539

Hammurabi says his god told him what to do.
    Cyrus said Marduk his god told him how to act.
    Noah listened to his god.
    Moses said his god told him how to act.
    As did Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Paul, Peter, Mohammed and, apparently this Ben Samuel.

And so on, and so on.