Forced Amnesty

Discussion in 'Immigration' started by doniston, Nov 6, 2014.

1. doniston

doniston New Member Past Donor

As mch as I dislike and disaprove of Obama, I support him in the following:

Though I believe he would be constitutionally wrong to take the law in his own hands regarding Immigration, And contrary to many opinions, especially republican, I sincerely Hope he will take unilateral action, if necessary, to solve the problems of the 12 million Presently illegals which are in this country. In spite of the word amnesty,We need to make it possible for them to stay.

Regardless of how you or I really feel, they are here, we can't physically deport them all, so we should just GET OVER IT

2. Riot

Riot New Member

Why were they allowed here in the first place?
    We took them from Texas and flown them a cross the country. How hard would it have been to turn them around and take them a few miles back. Nope instead we spent thousands moving them north then the left tell me it's too hard to deport them now. What a BS plan. Do you think we wouldn't see what the leftist nuts are doing? They encouraged them to come in the first place. All for votes and cheap labor to destroy the middle class.

mikemikev and (deleted member) like this.
  3. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

I beleive our laws should have always been enforced. But they havent since the mid to late 80's. We have people born and raised in this cournty that have never lived anywhere else, and that is our fault. And I really dont have an answer about what to do now. But I know just sending them home, even if they have never been there is not the answer either.
    - - - Updated - - -

It was the fault of both parties, pretty much equally as far as I can tell.

4. Riot

Riot New Member

Obama did this for one of two reasons or both.
    1- to win more elections
    2- to allow companies to hire cheaper labor.
    You tell me

5. Liquid Reigns

Liquid Reigns Banned

Obama's actions are limited to policy changes that must be confined within the immigration laws. DACA was a limited policy change, as each individual was processed for deportation and then was deferred for deportation for 2 years. At which point they must re-apply for deferment. Once a new admin takes over they can change it and then they can be processed for deportation.

The 60K children the same thing, the problem is the majority of them are failing to attend their hearings. This was another policy change by Obama, to process all OTM's for deportation that are caught at the border instead of simply returniig them to their home country like every other past President had done.

Since they are here and we know just about how may, once they are found why shouldn't we process them and deport them? Why do you claim we should just GET OVER IT and We need to make it possible for them to stay. since they are having an impact on our economy and our future, and not in a good way. :roll:

6. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

One reason is why the democrats let them stay (1), and the other (2) is why the Republicans did not do anything either. But at least the democrats dont pretend that aint the reason. The Repubs talk all the time about immigration, but never do anything because est Republicans want the cheap labor. It is our fault too.

7. Riot

Riot New Member

It's the left that flew them all over the country on tax payers bill and are now saying it cost to much to send the back. When before y'all moved them they were just miles away. What a bunch of crap. Do you really think no one would see what the leftist wackos are doing?

8. rwild1967

rwild1967 Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Dude! Get your head out of the echo chamber for a while. The few thousand that were flown around are a TINY PIECE of the 12,000,000 people we are talking about here.

The problem has been around since the 1940s when a labor shortages caused the federal government to set up a program to import Mexican laborers to work temporarily in agriculture, primary in the Southwest. See the Bracero Program.

It never got any better no matter who held the Whitehouse.

9. Riot

Riot New Member

Oh I know that it's a small portion. Shouldn't have happened at all.
    There is no labor shortage now. The unemployment is too high to use that excuse for what's being allowed. It purely for votes and profits for Obama's buddies like Monsanto to hire illegals. This is just another case of Obama selling out the country for his personal gain. He has done more for Monsanto then he has for the American people.

10. Riot

Riot New Member

11. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

Leftist whackos? We have millions of illegals in US right now. We need to find a workable humane solution to the problem.

12. Riot

Riot New Member

Have the liberal pay higher taxes to support them. It's your voting base. You pay for them. You pay for Obama's Monsanto's cheap labor. Not me.

13. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

It has been going on since Rayguns. How do you make that Obama's fault? Besides illegals are net gain for he economy.

14. doniston

I am not talking about the relatively small number of children and/or families of recent days, that is just the latest addition, I am talking abour those who have been here for upwards of twenty years. and are still illegals.

15. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

It is a bit harder, but not impossible, to blame Obama for those.

16. doniston

Obama didn't "DID THIS" he's only been there for six years, theproblem was there long before he got into politics.

17. doniston

i know you won't agree with this, but my answer is because most of them are children, and can not realistically return home safely and because we (at least most of us) have some compassion for them

18. Riot

Riot New Member

Tell that to the sheet rockers that shut down his company. An older black fellow that did this his whole life now can't compete with the cheap labor of illegals. Had to lay off five employees. One was his own son. Tell him that it's a gain. How about the Brickers? They are all closed down. Only cheap illegals here now doing it. These were all black own small companies. Closed down now. So if that's what the left wants then good job.

19. doniston

I am not a leftist whacko. but to some degree I think they are right and relatively proper. I know you don't.

actually, if we had the proper laws and they were properly enforced, I'm not sure I wouldn't be in favor of open borders.

20. doniston

There's simply no hope for you, tho he hasn't really done anything to help the situation, he wasn't around to start it. he is not to blame, any more than Bush or Clinton.

21. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Neither the Republicans or Democrats are ever going to do anything real about Illegals, period, you are fooling yourself if you actually believe otherwise. FYI: whining about Obama possibly allowing some illegals that have been her for many years a PATH to citizenship while worshiping Reagan who actually signed the first AMNESTY Bill is either dishonest or simply shows ones own ignorance when it comes to the issue. Want to see how you are being played, look at what the Governor of Texas, Rick Perry, did. He called out the National Guard to "secure the border" at the tune of 1.3 Million a week for the residents of Texas. Has it "secured the border" nope, has it stopped the illegals from crossing into Texas, nope, has it made record arrests and deportations, nope, is any of this being reported on the news, nope. Do you get it now folks, enjoy your fantasies, nothing will change because the government will not do the ONE thing that would actually work and that is go after those that Hire them, there is good reason for that, the government does Not work for You. Enjoy you taste of reality, now back to the land of OZ.

22. Liquid Reigns

Liquid Reigns Banned

MOD EDIT - Off Topic Most illegal immigrants are not children, the overwhelming majority (like 98%) are adults.

23. Liquid Reigns

Liquid Reigns Banned

Is deportation not humane? Is deportation punishment? :roll: :roflol:

24. Liquid Reigns

Liquid Reigns Banned

They cost us GDP, they are not a net gain for the economy.
    www.migrationpolicy.org/pubs/Hanson-Dec09.pdf Which equates to roughly $-14B.

25. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

If they were brought here as babies and small children and think here is home, yea. how would you feel about it?