Carl Cantrell on the many reasons to support rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by DennisTate, Nov 15, 2014.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

This article by Carl Cantrell urging Christians and Muslims and others to support the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple complex certainly has a lot of logic behind it.

2. DennisTate

I am a Christian who believes that the words of Jeremiah 33 must come to pass. This prophecy was not fulfilled in the past so surely it must be referring to what Christians term The Millennium… what Muslims call the Age of the Mahdi and what Jews term the Era of Moshiach - Messiah.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jer&c=33&t=KJV

Jeremiah 33:16 - 26:
    "In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

And the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah, saying,

Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;

Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.

Moreover the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, saying,

Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which the LORD hath chosen, he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.Thus saith the LORD; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;

Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them."

3. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Revelation 21:22

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

4. DennisTate

Good point Margot2!

I wonder if this is the eighth millennial period that Revelation 21 revers to whereas Ezekiel chapters 40 to 48 may be referring to the seventh millennial period?!

5. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

What does scripture say about "millennial" periods?

6. Swensson

Swensson Devil's advocate

I can't help but think that this is a one sided argument. Why hasn't it happened yet? Are there security reasons and maybe concerns of property rights that you have neglected to mention? Threads usually need a bit more elaboration on exactly what is to be discussed.

While it'd be nice to do the experiment of building a temple and observing whether Jesus appears, I have a hard time believing that believers of different kinds will accept this, since different interpretations will have different ideas of exactly how he is to return and therefore, when Jesus invariably doesn't appear, believers will be just as adamant in their beliefs and nothing will have been gained.

However, more importantly than fruitless experiments is stability in the region. The main concern I have with any action in Israel and its surroundings is to not annoy people more than necessarily. I don't know very much about the temple in question, but I know that overriding ownership of religiously and economically important areas is responsible for a fair chunk of the problems in the middle east, so I'd like to see that thoroughly discussed before I make my mind up. In fact, the fact that whoeveritis is trying to persuade me without already discussing this indicates to me that his method of persuading me involves either a lack of understanding of the problem or actually withholding information in order to have me make a choice I would not have made if I knew more, and neither of those options are particularly flattering to his position.

7. DennisTate

One important aspect of the seventh millennial Messianic era is that it will be "on the earth."

Revelation 5:10
    "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth."

Margot2… if you were to gather together five or ten of your family members and friends who felt that YOU had pretty serious star quality….. and if your friends and you formed one film production cooperative as well as a film production company that was 51% owned by you…. Margot2… then you in a sense would be a Queen over that film company.

Now if you were to have a somewhat artistically inclined and socially active friend from Canada who donated footage to your film cooperative and film company… then your company should be able to make some money off the venture.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/dennis...cian-the-film-series-concept/310416062401072/

"Canada's Worst Politician, the film series concept?!"

I lean heavily toward two major Messianic Millennial era's. One patterned after the Cyrus Messiah/ Moshiach type of Isaiah chapter 45 and a Moshiach ben David Messianic era that will begin very possibly with a literal splitting in two of the literal as well as of the metaphorical Mt. of Olives.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Zec&c=14&t=KJV
    Zechariah 14:4
    "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

8. DennisTate

Extremely well said Swensson. Yes… this is a one sided argument taking a position that relatively few other authors at this time have the chutzpah to go with……. and as you mentioned……. this is partly for valid reasons.

But…. .something is beginning to happen that is a part of Jewish predictions for the last years previous to the ushering in of the era of Moshiach/ Messiah. The recent statements by President Obama's half brother Malik Obama are courageous and also in my opinion…… probably inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Orthodox Jews teach that in the latter days Muslims and Christians and people of many other beliefs will come together to support the ultimate expression of freedom of religion for Jews………. the ownership of their own Temple Mount to construct their Jerusalem Third TEmple and offer up sacrifices in the manner explained by Moses.

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...obama-one-worlds-most-courageous-muslims.html

Is Malik Obama one of the worlds' most courageous Muslims?
    In my opinion.....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Obama’s Brother in Support of Third Temple Built in Jerusalem

…..
    endtimeheadlines.org/temple-mount/obamas-brother-in-support-of-third-temple-built-in-jerusalem/

9. DennisTate

Yes………. even if Mr. Malik Obama or Mr. Adnan Oktar or another possible aspiring modern King Cyrus type of political leader were to come forward with an offer to assist in gathering support and finances and a political agreement with neighbouring nations that would include the building of the Jerusalem Third Temple, the newly formed Jerusalem Sanhedrin might well be inspired to turn down their offer if they feel that the stage has not yet been properly set up for this event to occur.

http://www.thesanhedrin.org/en/index.php?title=Jerusalem_Court_for_Issues_of_Bnei_Noah
    "Jerusalem Court for Issues of Bnei Noah"

I took a poll on this question on a Christian forum that you may find to be at least somewhat of a relief because it does indicate that most religious Christians have concerns with this topic similar to your own.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7647317/
    Should Christians support Jewish control of Temple Mount and rebuilding of Temple?

Yes, I believe that every word in Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48 must be fulfilled. 16 ………..17.78%

No, doing this might speed up the time of the coming of the anti-Messiah! 5 …………5.56%

Yes, King Cyrus was led by the God of Abraham and he supported this cause. 0 …..0%

No, I believe that we should all be vegetarians and never kill animals. 6 ……………….6.67%

Yes, our nation will be blessed if we bless the Jewish people. 9 ……………………..10.00%

No, this could lead to a war and human life is of more value than any temple! 54 …..60.00%

10. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Can anyone rebuild the Temple with blood on their hands.. God wouldn't let King David do it.

11. DennisTate

Good point…… I assume that this time around when King David reincarnates G-d will arrange matters so that he does not have to be involved continually in literal conflict where he sheds blood.

This may seem like a strange connection….. but I personally am hopeful that discussion about the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third TEmple will begin to inspire many Jewish scholars to take the ideas of Rabbi Yonassan Gershom very seriously.

I am in complete agreement with his ideas regarding how important it is that chickens that are about to be slaughtered for Jewish meals be given a level of attention that would tend to make them as happy as a chicken can be!

http://rooster613.blogspot.ca/search/label/Baal Shem Tov

12. DennisTate

Margot2……. I have to admit……… that is an exceptionally good question!

1Kings 5:5
    "And, behold, I purpose to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God, as the LORD spake unto David my father, saying, Thy son, whom I will set upon thy throne in thy room, he shall build an house unto my name."

13. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Do you actually believe I reincarnation?????

14. DennisTate

I have no conscious memories of any other past life…. but the weight of evidence piled up by Helen Wambach Ph. D. and Dr. Ian Stevenson and others has gotten me to the place where yes…… I am 99% certain that there is a great deal of truth to the idea that our human spirit / soul existed long long long before the time of our birth and even before our conception.

Helen Wambach Ph. D.'s second book was about what people report seeing and experiencing between their death in one past life…. and the time of their rebirth as a human again.

Two decades previous to when Dr. Raymond Moody and Oprah made "Near Death Experience" into a part of our culture…… Dr. Wambach's volunteers were perfectly describing the core elements of the typical NDE…….. when they were regressed in time to the day of their death in what they perceived as a past life!

15. DennisTate

One disagreement that I have with Carl's article is that there is no need for bulldozers as he mentions.

http://www.templemount.org/mtmoriah.html

16. DennisTate

Good question!

I just found Carl's new website address for the article quoted in the opening post:

http://www.crcantrell.bibleword.org/Temple.html

17. I am rage

I am rage New Member

As a person who apparently only claims to not believe in any gods, I couldn't care less about what temple anyone wants to build or where. I do however think that whoever currently is responsible for the buildings where this rebuilt temple would have to be might object to bulldozers.

If it were built and no messiah arrived excuses would be made. Likely in the form of having built the temple wrong. Or perhaps a few thousand people will come forward and make their claim. Either is possible. Probably both. The one thing I don't see happening is anyone actually changing their belief just because nothing happened.

The only objection I could possibly have is that I don't want the news filled with it. That 2012 crap was bad enough without people running around praising the building of what they believe will be the beginning of the end.

The thought that there are people out there actively seeking what they think is an end to the world. Lovely people. Really.

18. DennisTate

I actually agree with you that the bulldozers are not needed. Tuvia Sagiv does an excellent job of explaining why.

19. DennisTate

Here is an article that gives some background to the suspicion held by some Jewish scholars, (Mr. Yair Davidiy for example), that assistance will come from Scotland and Ireland and England for the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple?

Basically.... Mr. Yair Davidiy seems to suspect that "Moshaich ben Ephrayim - Yosef - Joseph may arise partly from Scotland (or perhaps at least from Scottish descent).... and will convince Christians and Muslims to support the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple.

http://www.triumphpro.com/jeremiah-ireland-david.pdf

20. DennisTate

1996...... may be important in the return of "King David" in a manner somewhat similar to how ever John the Baptist was somehow "Elijah???"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_of_Scone

As a Christian Mystic who feels that the concept of reincarnation in some form was a part of first and second century Messianic Jewish beliefs..... I suspect that 1996 may be connected to the resurrection - reincarnation of King David??????

Ezekiel 21:27

21. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Dennis, the Bible says no stones of the Temple were left unturned.

22. DennisTate

I may be wrong..... but this is an extremely important principle in a metaphorical sense...... I believe that this fits with the reincarnation cycle where our over soul reincarnate all over the place... man then woman.... various racial groups........... The overturning of the stones... has off the scale spiritual implications.......... The Romans overturned many... .but not quite down to the foundation laid by Zerubbabel that is mentioned in Zechariah chapter 4..... I have often wondered how the foundation laid by Zerubbabel fits into the final fulfillment of what must happen??????!

On one level... I think that Zerubbabel must also reincarnate at this time????

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...hy-reincarnation-edited-out-christianity.html

Why reincarnation was edited out of Christianity?
    On Saturday I began a Facebook group entitled Barbro Karlen and Anne Frank after one of the most famous cases of a child remembering a past life.

Yesterday I got the most logical explanation I have ever read as to why reincarnation may have been edited out of the Christian scriptures:

http://www.thomastwin.com/

23. Swensson

Does that have anything to do with my post and the arguments within it?

24. DennisTate

Yes..... I admit that this is a somewhat one sided argument!

One possible connection between the issues that you have raised with the ancient Jewish prediction of the coming of Moshiach ben Ephrayim - Joseph - Yosef.....(who Mr. Yair Davidiy associates with the Cyrus type of Isaiah 45)........ is that a Gentile may somehow convince Muslims......… who really believe in the entire Koran..... to become ardent supporters of the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple just like President Obama's older brother Mr. Malik Obama has become......(another example of a famous Islamic official who supports the rebuilding of the Third Temple in Jerusalem is Mr. Adnan Oktar - Harun Yahya!

http://www.britam.org/messiah.html

25. Swensson

I fail to see how that resolves my question. How is someone convincing people to rebuild the temple an argument against the temple being rebuilt?