Zimmerman friend--'In my heart I believe he targeted Martin for his race'

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by cpicturetaker, Nov 15, 2014.

1. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

I'm paraphrasing because I couldn't get the exact headline in but here's what his FRIEND says...

George Zimmerman friend tells court he now thinks Trayvon Martin was targeted for his race

TRAVIS GETTYS
    13 NOV 2014 AT 07:15 ET

One of George Zimmerman’s most outspoken supporters has apparently changed his story.

Frank Taaffe testified Wednesday before a grand jury that Zimmerman may have called him and made racially charged comments in a phone call shortly after he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in February 2012.

He told the grand jury that he received a call from an unknown number two years ago from a man who made racist comments about Martin.

At the time, he thought it was a prank call and disregarded the comments, but now he suspects the call may have come from his neighbor and friend, Zimmerman.

A federal grand jury is hearing evidence in the case to decide whether Zimmerman – who was acquitted of murder charges in the case – will face federal charges for violating the unarmed teen’s civil rights.

Taaffe defended Zimmerman on national TV shortly after the fatal shooting, saying his friend was not a racist.

He said he has received death threats for his defense of Zimmerman.

Taaffe did not testify during Zimmerman’s previous trial.

But he decided to tell the FBI about the call earlier this year after both of his sons died recently, which allowed him to identify more strongly with Martin’s family.

Taaffe told investigators that he now believes Zimmerman targeted the teen due to his race.

“In my heart of hearts, I do believe that,” Taaffe said

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/...nks-trayvon-martin-was-targeted-for-his-race/

2. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

He told the grand jury that he received a call from an unknown number two years ago from a man who made racist comments about Martin.

"At the time, he thought it was a prank call and disregarded the comments, but now he suspects the call may have come from his neighbor and friend, Zimmerman."

So after both his sons die all of a sudden he has a better memory of a short phone call from years ago?

THIS is all the Federal Investigation can dig up?

3. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

Oh yes.....because since young blacks had been seen by residents breaking into their apartments.....as a neighborhood watch guy....he should have then totally disregarded any suspicious-looking young blacks.

HELLO????

4. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

A call he considered to be a prank until his sons die. Now all of a sudden he doesnt know Zimmermans voice. And it *might* have been him on this call. ( which we dont even know if it happened to begin with).. This is now *evidence?*

5. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

This is the kind of stuff that gives forums a bad name.

6. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

And a certain DoJ....

7. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

and yet hes tore apart [video=youtube;6aE-nMS9Mnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aE-nMS9Mnk[/video] i think he sees a opportunity to wright a book now and thats why he sees a new light

8. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/08/frank-taaffe-george-zimmerman-racist-white-voice
    But now the left likes him again I guess. That's some pretty flimsy evidence, claiming he got a call from an unknown person and years later he thinks it might have been Zimmerman.

9. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

10. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's not fair. I'm sure that Zimmy followed around all the white boys too.

11. Reason10

Reason10 Banned

So Zimmerman was a racist by forcing Martin to commit attempted murder?
    WHEN are you liberals going to let this go? YOU'VE LOST THE ARGUMENT. He was DEFENDING HIMSELF. A jury found him innocent.
    Give it up, already. Get a life.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The Michael Brown case hasn't been going the way the race hustlers have wanted it to so they're trying to bring Zimmerman back into the picture. Not that'll it do any good since he was found by a jury of his peers not guilty.

13. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Ol' Frank Taffe is just trying to get back on the Nancy Grace show....is she still on the air? LOL! "Zimmerman MAY have called him".....what these folks won't do to stay in the news.

14. Sanskrit

Sanskrit Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, that's rich. Thanks for digging that up and shining light on this.

Maybe when this comes to trial one day though, they will take this person's shaky opinion into consideration. Oh... wait.

/thread

15. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

Pssssst! Hey! Zimmerman is half Latino, a little African American and the rest white. That makes Zimmerman more minority than white.

16. X-ray Spex

X-ray Spex Active Member

Yeah name one.

17. 10A

10A Chief Deplorable Past Donor

"I've received several death threats." - When asked if he's received retribution for supporting Zimmerman.

"I can't testify under oath that it was George"

"I didn't recognize the voice."

"It was from an unknown destination [sic]."

"My phone number was out there, it could have been anybody."

"I received many calls [impersonating George]. Many calls."

Yep, airtight testimony. Get a rope.

14:55 of the video is priceless, even the reporter couldn't hold back laughing at Taaffe's flip flop.

18. PeppermintTwist

PeppermintTwist Well-Known Member Past Donor

He was not found "innocent", he was found "not guilty" and there is a difference.

Innocent means that you did not commit the crime. Not Guilty means that there was not enough evidence to determine that you did commit the crime.

There is a big difference between the two. In the US, we find defendants not guilty; this means that there wasn't enough evidence to determine, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you did in fact commit the crime. It doesn't mean your innocent (you still may very well have done it) it just means that your guilt couldn't be proven.

19. 10A

10A Chief Deplorable Past Donor

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Was Zimmerman proven guilty?

20. peoshi

peoshi New Member

And?

Have you ever heard of a jury that pronounced "innocent" when asked for their verdict?

:roll:

21. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

agree with you, that was his reasoning imo, the reason he took it too far was his wannabe a hero attitude, I caught the bad guy single handed... course it never occurred to him that he may be stalking a innocent unarmed teenager on the way back from the store that night and that this teen may have saw this stalker as a threat

22. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

How the liberal mind works:

Zimmerman has an inconsequential friend that makes an unsubstantiated statement ...liberals go crazy.

Obama has a known terrorist friend, a known racist friend, and a known Islamic extremist friend, all of whom make documented statements about Obama's past ...liberals ignore it.

What utter fools.

23. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

You guys will find anything to hold onto your hate.

24. TexMexChef

TexMexChef Well-Known Member

Inconsequential friend? What "friend" has ever come forward to give a glowing endorsement of George. I worked with some people that I would not call "friend" yet could give an accurate accounting of the mental state and capabilities.

25. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

What and risk the almost total certainty of having hate filled leftwing whackos target them as a result? Even if I were George's best buddy in the whole world were one of the Mainstream Media Dem Party operatives (which is a redundant descriptive) to shove a microphone in my direction and announce my name and address to the world before asking me what I thought of George I'd play it safe and say something along the lines of, "Well I recall the time when I thought I dreamed about George molesting sheep; um, and they were Black sheep, and George had a gun." You can never be too cautious when hate-filled leftists are on a Political Correctness tear.