My 2014 CFB Top 10 - Week 12

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NightSwimmer, Nov 16, 2014.

1. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

1. Florida State
    2. Alabama
    3. Mississippi State
    4. Oregon
    5. Baylor
    6. Ohio State
    7. TCU
    8. Kansas State
    9. Michigan State
    10. UCLA

Also Receiving Consideration:
    Marshall, Ole Miss, Wisconsin

2. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

#Shocking

FSU #1?

Well, they've always been my number 1 this season as they are still the defending national champs and haven't lost yet after starting number 1

but, this is how I think the FSC will pick them this tuesday

1. Bama...
    2. Oregon....

cuz, you know.... losses don't matter unless ytou are FSU.....

3. Miss State.... that meaningless td at the end made the game look a lot closer than it really was... The covered the spread. Plus, #secbias says we need a backup SEC team in the top 4 in case something happens to Bama either against AU or in the SEC champinoship game. And if Bama wins the SEC... bam, there is your two SEC teams in the playoffs that has been the wet dream of the media the entire year....

4. FSU

but make no mistake, if the FSC could put us lower they would.

Right now, I DARE the FSC to make undefeated, defending national champ FSU at #5. They would destroy all the credibility of the playoffs in the very first year and they don't want to do that.

in other football news....

Muschamp is fired.... (but UF is going to let him finish coaching the last two games of the season.....lol)

UF has to win this weekend against directional Kentucky or beat FSU for bowl eligibility....

I think GA is the best team in the SEC East, but need to have Mizzou lose to UT this weekend in order to make it there.

GA can beat Bama

Mizzou can not.

My theory about LSU's existence in the SEC is to give "quality wins" to everyone, despite having what.... 4 losses, now. how many times can a team lose before they are no longer considered "quality"

If ND losing hurts FSU strength of Schedule... then shouldn't LSU having 4 losses hurt Bama's and MSU's SOS? not in the SEC I giuess.... lol

3. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

Tell it to Marshall.

FSU belongs at #1 this week. Oregon is overrated. Baylor is better than TCU. Both Alabama and MSU have big rivalry games that present a serious challenge in the coming weeks. They'll sort themselves out. FSU doesn't play any challenging teams during the regular season, so if they don't lose, they'll make the playoff. If they lose to one of their upcoming, unranked opponents, then they'll have to drop more than 3 spots.

4. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

again... if MSU and Bama can count 5 loss aTm and 4 loss LSU and 3 loss AU in their list of "quality"

then FSU can count 3 loss ND, Clemson and Louisville, hell, even Miami has less losses than most of your "quality" teams.

- - - Updated - - -

hell, for that matter, why can't FSU count 4 loss, SEC Florida if Bama and MSU can count 4 loss LSU?

oohhh, that's right, because "sec quality" only situationally counts

5. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I want to see FSU play Oregon or Bama

Heck, I'd like to see them play Arkansas.

Oregon v FSU would be a good game because neither team gets as banged up or faces competition vs SEC teams.

As for MS State, unless they are fooling themselves, they know this is their best chance of doing anything. They lose a bunch of veteran players next year and will again be rebuilding.

6. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

I do too... that's the point of the playoffs.... no more speculation. So why try so hard to push undefeated FSU out of the top 4 (maybe not you... but there are plenty that would) It'll sort itself out in the end.

just because they beat LSU, and played Bama close doesn't mean jack. They are a talented team that hasn't fully meshed into a winning team quite yet.... they are close...

only 1 elite team in the SEC.

playing 5 loss aTm, 4 loss LSU, and 2 loss AU = playing ND, Louisville, UM, Clemson

I don't deny this is their best chance... but that doesn't mean they are actually elite level. Their schedule order is why they are ranked so high. They got to play aTm, LSU and AU before everyone knew they were overated.

had they played Bama early, then played aTm, LSU and AU in November, and still had 1 loss to bama, they would be a top 20 team at best.

7. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

Why do you whine so incessantly? FSU is in the top 4, so long as they keep winning. This is in spite of the fact that they play in the weakest of the Power 5 conferences and have no quality wins this year.

I've still given them credit for winning 10 consecutive games, in spite of all ten of those teams being cupcakes, and the struggles that they have endured in order to defeat those cupcakes.

8. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

FSU has as many "quality wins" as MSU

aTm, LSU and AU have 5,4 and 3 losses.... yet those are the "3 top 10 teams in a row" that MSU used to catupult to #1.

their vaunted SEC schedule is garbage....

Clemson, ND, UM, and louisville > au, atm, lsu

9. sec

sec Well-Known Member

yuppers, FSU has a real tough challenge coming up :roflol: in BC.

Then, they get their rivalry game against a team who just canned their head coach, UF Gators

So, FSU wins out and despite the weak schedule, will be in the top 4.

10. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

then you get your chance at doing what the SEC champs, nor 5 other teams this year could do.... beat FSU

Luckily, with the gaytors.... we have history with an outgoing coach beating us in Tally when they fired Ron Zook..... His last game, he beat us in 04. Hopefully, a coachable moment occurs to where our boys don't take them lightly like we did in 04.

11. sec

sec Well-Known Member

maybe the under-classmen of UF view the game as an audition in front of Jimbo hoping for a transfer ?????

I'd be shocked if UF could beat USF or UCF the next year or two.

12. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

:roflol: Had to show my coworkers this post. Not sure if you're being serious or trolling

13. kronikcope

kronikcope Active Member

I had to laugh at that one too.

14. kronikcope

kronikcope Active Member

They'd (UF) be fine with a good coach. They've had 3 top 10 recruiting classes in a row, so they've got talent.

15. sec

sec Well-Known Member

coaching is a huge part of it. Would the kids who were recruited be capable of playing a different scheme? We saw what happened when you had recruits to play spread when Muskrat tried to move from spread.

16. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

says the runner up league... lol

17. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

uf is a coach away from being a top tier team again. FSU/UM/UF are 3 teams that have a huge talent pool to draw from in south Florida and all 3 can do well, in or out of the ACC with the right coaching.

I've thought that Brantley at UF, now Driskell, even Harris are all good quarterbacks, but like any kid, they need coaching and developing when they are not starting, to get them ready for when they do start. For the past 4 years, and arguably going back to when Tebow left under Meyer, noone is developing that talent. It's like UF expects them to be tebow quality right out of highschool, and those kind of players are few and far between.

Blake Simms is not a tebow, or a Jameis winston, or a cam newton type of qb, but he's been developed into the system that he isn't going to hurt them

18. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lol, an ACC team wins one championship, while the SEC won 7 prior, and still had a team in the BCS. ACC fans don't consider themselves better than SEC. That's hilarious:roflol:

19. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

rotating teams.... only 1 powerhouse in the SEC, bama... the rest of them rotate in for a year or two, then drop out, but still claim their greatness.

How is 4 loss LSU considered a quality win at this point? Because they won a title in 07, lost a title in 12
    how is 4 loss UF considered a quality win at this point? Because they won a title in 08
    how is 3 loss UT considered a quality win at this point? Because they play the toughest schedule and won a title in 98
    how is 3 loss AU considered a quality win at this point? Because they won a title in 11 and lost another in 13,

there are all your national champs for the SEC beyond Bama. Ole Miss got the only quality win in the SEC this season.

how is 5 loss SC considered a quality win at this point?
    how is 2 loss Ole Miss considered a quality win at this point?
    how is 5 loss aTm considered a quality win at this point?
    Mizzou and GA are teams that are almost good, but then lose to stupid teams....

I won't even mention Vandy, UK, Arkansas....

MSU has no quality wins in the SEC. NONE

20. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

Put the best football teams in the nation into a single conference division, force them to play one another, don't allow tie games, and teams will lose games.
    You seem to think that you are a genius for having figured this out.

21. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

sounds like a playoff to me....

I remember hearing all the exact same arguments last season, too.... and FSU still beat the sec....

22. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

Yes. Congratulations on last year.

23. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

SEC fans ride 2005-2007 to justify LSU being a quality win for Bama and MSU
    SEC fans ride 2006-2008 to justify UF being a quality win for Bama
    SEC fans love to count UT's title in 98 as a reason the conference is dominant

Despite none of those teams doing anything

Lets not forget AU winning in 11, then posting a losing season shortly after

24. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

Right... It's just not fair for the SEC to claim superiority based upon all of those National Championships they've won recently. ;)

25. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

that one team won....