As whites become a minority in the next 30 years, the Republican Party will

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Gorn Captain, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

still want to survive as a national Party. It will no longer want to pander to the Pat Buchanan, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Steve King, Michele Bachmann, etc. segment.....who will be dead by then, or old, or "out-bred".

Given the racists acknowledge they are not the majority among white people (their endless use of "white guilt liberals" shows that)....pure demographics will force the Republican Party to alter itself from its present composition and agenda if it wishes to not be isolated to a few gerrymandered districts in the South and Midwest and Rockies.

Romney's pathetic 27% of the Latino vote was a mere foreshadowing of this....as was the analysis the GOP comissisioned after 2012 that was known notoriously as the "Republican Autopsy Report".....which showed that while Congressional victories were still possible for some time (2 weeks ago showed that)...

that on its current trajectory of reducing its share of the Latino vote (via xenophobic even racist remarks from the RIght, in media, politics, and of course the Internet...like here).....the Republican Party's chances of winning the Presidency would continue to go down and down and down over the next few cycles if radical changes weren't made.

Thus the immediate promotion of immigration reform by "Golden Child" Marco Rubio in 2013.....boosted by guys like Sean Hannity in RW Media claiming they "evolved" on the question of immigration reform....

unfortunately for the GOP it was "too early"...their Nativsit Base revolted against the Senate bill, Rubio became a pariah (where once he had been the "New Face of Conservatism"), and guys like Hannity had to suddenly flip to "Let's secure the borders first....then we'll talk about the...uh...other stuff...after that." to save their careers.

But the condition can't last. Today we see that same internal structure in the GOP.....they want immigration reform a "legal status" for those here (not "amnesty", not "citizenship" or a path to it...they know the Base won't stand for that)......but SOMETHING they can take to Latino voters in 2016 and say "See? We're not a bunch of bigoted white people!"

But Obama is ruining that for them...by talking executive action. Naturally the Republicans have to oppose that....because if he does it, their Base will have kittens and DEMAND they oppose ANYTHING on immigration....and thus the pattern of the "Autopsy Report" will continue in 2016, 2020, 2024.

So now the GOP is stuck....facing a demographic extinction in a few cycles, but also stuck with a vocal and energetic xenophobic Base...egged on by safe Republicans (like Steve King) or Rightwing Media hosts (Limbaugh, Beck, Levin, etc.) who want to keep that Base angry and fired up....for ratings.

What's their solution?

Ignore the demographics?

Listen to the racists and xenophobes and imagine they can survive as a 100% white Party still talking about mass deportations and "losing our white culture"?

Let Rush Limbaugh give them guidance going into the 2020s....long after he's retired to live out his life with Wife No. 4...or 5...or 6.....and then collapse?

Or adapt to survive?

BTW, I want a two party system...think its' good for our democracy. So I hope they make the smart move. It's a short term pain...maybe losing some elections because the Archie Bunkers get so angry even "President Hillary" won't drive them to the polls if the GOP has "sold them out on immigration"....

but long-term, it's better than slow decay and inevitable implosion in the 2020s.

2. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Republicans will be just fine once they find a way to get money without some of the extreme conservatives' help.

3. Brtblutwo

Brtblutwo New Member

And just how can they accomplish this? Saying "No" to the Koch Brothers and the other corporate fat cats would be political suicide.

Whether the campaign money comes from foreign or domestic sources, U.S. politicians are for sale to the highest bidder(s). The average citizens have no power what-so-ever to stop this corruption.

Throwing the crooks out just means electing a batch of new crooks, to serve the corporate interests right-wingers insist on protecting.

4. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

A lot of America's political future will depend on what exactly happens between whites and Latinos.

A lot of people have suggested that Latino will simply become part of a broader white culture in America in the same way that Irish, Italians, and various Eastern Europeans melded with it.

If that happens, it will change both parties, not just the GOP. Our mainstream culture will become closer to that of Latin America, which means that social views will be more attuned with Catholicism than with Protestantism.

How this will affect economic policy is more of a mystery.

5. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

They figured that out.....Karl Rove had tons of cash this past Spring in the GOP Primaries. The Tea Party?....not so much.

6. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

And like all of central and south america, we will crumble and dissolve into near anarchy. I weep for my children and future grand kids, if they happen to stay here or get out of dodge before its too late.

7. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I think that's happening somewhat right now. In 2010 26% of Hispanics married "out." So a good portion of Hispanics will by default become "white" in a cultural sense. But if it will change the culture, however considering how the culture has changed for non demographic reasons over the past few decades, that may not be significant.

However to the OP's point, which he likes to rehash every few weeks, I have to admit that the common critique of Democrats that the GOP is the "White Party" is, if not yet true, trending that way. I only stumbled across the statistic a few weeks ago that the Democrats had not won white women since 1992. I had no idea and based on the exit polls of this past election, that has only increased with time.

It makes sense though. We practice multiculturalism, not assimilation, so who you are is becoming more indicative of your voting pattern than what the issues are. There has been some social science done in this area so as whites become a smaller amount of the population, they'll probably tend to vote more similarly, in the same way that Blacks vote 90% Democratic and are not very tolerant of those who step out of line. So eventually we will probably be divided more politically along racial and ethnic lines, just like a 3rd world banana republic.

8. Serfin' USA

If we do decline, it will probably have more to do with endemic corruption than anything specifically Latino. I'm a lot more worried about Wall Street and the military industrial complex than immigrants.

9. Riot

Riot New Member

As Latinos start working hard and paying into the system they will start asking the same questions.
    Why am I working so hard to give lazy people free crap.

10. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

That would be almost contrary to human nature. The GOP has always been the party of big business, Wall Street, and big oil.

That won't change.

It won't spell extinction either. The US is increasingly a plutocracy, run by big corporations, banks, poltical consultants, all promoted and protected by a vigorous corporate media.

11. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Once the U.S. hits cess pool level we will be fine

12. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

I think you may be giving religion more influence than it really has in Hispanic culture. Much more influential is the idea of caudillismo and military rule. I don't think that can happen in the US as the idea of civilian rule of the military is one of the few things that conservatives and liberals still agree upon.

13. Serfin' USA

That's quite possible. Catholicism is also not the only influential religion in Latin America as well.

I'm glad our Constitution prevents military rule, but there are elements of caudillismo that may become more prevalent -- at least in terms of how we view the executive branch. A lot of conservatives favor a strong executive branch over a strong legislative one, and that seems to mirror parts of caudillismo.

14. Windigo

Windigo Banned

Thats right Gron please just sit on your ass and think that time will save you.

Newsflash Democrats reacehed their high water mark with the black and Latino vote in 2008. It will only get worse from here on out.

The question is will the black and Latino vote grow fast enough for the Democrats to offset their losses in those demographics and with whites. By making whites the villain the Democrats are losing whites far faster than the minority vote is growing.

15. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

I think minorities are already catching on to what the liberals have done to them. If the Republican Party would quit trying to be liberals light the party would thrive.

16. Unifier

Unifier New Member

How racist is it that someone would hate caucasians so much that they would look forward to a day when they are a minority?

No matter what the era, the details change, but the attitude always remains the same; Democrats love to hate people for their skin color.

17. PCFExploited

PCFExploited New Member

It's not racist.

The Republican Party does not offer anything that appeals to the self-interest of immigrants. Straight up. It isn't racist to point that out.

18. Unifier

Unifier New Member

It's completely racist. People like the OP look forward to this day they speak of. Due in part to the power that they will gain as a result of the demographic shift but due also in part to the fact that they simply have a negative view of the caucasian race as a whole. White guilt permeates every belief they hold. And they are ashamed of their own history because they can't put it in context. Because doing so would remove the stigma of "bad guy" from caucasians.

And to claim that the GOP does not offer anything that appeals to immigrants is ridiculous. Because the Republican party does not offer anything that appeals to anyone with a group identity. What separates conservatives from liberals is the usage of identity politics. Liberals base their entire platform around divide and conquer. Whereas conservative principles are based on individualism. Which is why liberals are so ruthless toward minorities who attempt to behave as individuals (Herman Cain, Mia Love, etc.). Because they rob liberals of their identity politics narrative.

Cubed and (deleted member) like this.
  19. PCFExploited

PCFExploited New Member

That is one way of looking at it. The other way, and probably the more accurate way, is that Republicans believe in a sort of fantasy world where race, class, gender, etc. doesn't matter and doesn't really impact outcomes in any meaningful way. That is 100% incorrect, and is one of the main reasons why Republicans will face extinction if they don't make a substantial move to the left. The simple truth is that the demographics of your country are changing in such a way that refusing to acknowledge the idea of racial and class identity will guarantee your demise. I wish that weren't the case, but it is. People are organizing along those lines one way or another; refusing to play by those rules might be more principled, in your mind, but it doesn't win elections.

20. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath waiting for Latinos to "blend in". I know Mexicans who have lived in the USA for decades and still don't speak English. They don't seem to be interested in becoming "part of a boarder White culture".
    I agree that it will be interesting to see how things turn out.

21. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

+100 Bloody damn genius of a post. Well done indeed!

22. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

:
    :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

23. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Always amused me, so many observers believe something must be given to them. What is it the Republican Party has to offer? Allow me to ask, what do YOU bring to the table, what can you offer the Republican Party? Nothing. All these constituents...it's like you must sweeten the pot, present a dog and pony show...."here is what the Republican Party can do for you."

Isn't there anyone else out there who doesn't need an oppressive government, who wants to join forces to tell the government to quit taxing and regulating us so heavily, isn't there anyone out there who doesn't need to be given something...for their support. What a me me me post this is

24. PCFExploited

PCFExploited New Member

It isn't "me me me," because I'm not a Democrat. I'm just explaining the facts, which I understand can be upsetting, but that's no reason not to speak of them.

All of politics is defined by people electing others to benefit themselves. That is just reality.

25. galant

galant Banned

you got a LONG ways to go, dude. This entire bs is premised upon ALL minorities voting as a block or acting vs Caucasians. Taht's not going to happen, at least, not in any of our lifetimes. That's why nobody cares about it.