More Aussie farms fall to China

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by Adultmale, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Adultmale

Adultmale Active Member Past Donor

2. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

3. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, our excuse is an unintelligent population who likes to elect higher brain function deficient's to manage and run our country every three years. :roflol:

4. culldav

Isn't that what the FTA was about - Australia's subservience to China?

Politicians & their families can hop on their planes and desert Australia for greener pastures whenever they please, but the slaves they leave behind have to stay.

5. robot

robot Active Member

The link in the OP is a subscriber only article.

Selling assets like farms to overseas investors is the result of the Government not encouraging savings. All income from savings and investments are taxed at our marginal tax rate. If this was reduced then there would be more of an incentive to save more and invest in things like farms, either in Australia or overseas. The only way to invest without a huge tax burden is via superannuation and the fees there are huge. This is due to the red tape involved.

6. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

Yes,
    it is a worry.
    If you would be a farmer, and having enough of hard work, whom would you sell your farm to? Your neighboring Aussie bloke, offering you next to nothing, or Chinese investors, who pay you well?
    It is hard one, and I would like to see it differently, maybe *robot* is right with his thoughts....
    Regards

7. Adultmale

I see what you mean. You can get to it from google though, just type in china 50 dairy farms.

This has nothing to do with the chinese government investing in Australia, it is about the chinese government securing food sources for china. All the milk will be going to china.

8. culldav

China like many other countries have been buying massive parcels of Australia freehold land for decades. They want to create an external food supply for the people in their own country when something happens.

Indonesians practically don't pay a cent to buy beef in Australia anymore. They now own massive cattle stations in the NT, and transport the beef directly to Indonesian slaughterhouses via "their" transport ships.

Thanks to this kind of stupidity, the Australian people are missing our on export benefits, buy letting the Indonesians set up their our food chain in OUR country.

Soon, we will be reduced to scavenging for crumbs chucked from the table.

9. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

Selling off Australian property to foreign investors is not on. Aussies can't buy property in China and many Asian countries. Aussies can't even hold a Chinese driving licence.

10. Adultmale

You can't tell me that it would be easier to simply buy the milk from Australian producers. No, clearly their aim is to gain complete control of the supply.

11. culldav

Tell this to the stupid politicians, who are selling everything Australian on ebay.com.au for bargan prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Within the next ten years, Australians will only be able to buy powered milk imported from Asia. Welcome to Australia, the country that imports all its food.

Dick Smith tried to help and support Australian farmers and growers by creating his own brand of products, but no one supported him in return. Every one wanted to buy cheap imported Asian rubbish.

Well, now you have it, so tough t.i.t.i.e.s.

12. robot

robot Active Member

Here is one such article http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...p-50-dairy-farms/story-e6frg926-1227091841934

I stand by what I am said above. This is only a symptom of the problem.

13. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

At one time this would not have been allowed in the US, and probably also Australia, N.Z.

I started seeing foreigners buying US real estate after Reagan was elected and the pro business party took control. I think we have seen changes that affect our own homelands, driven by people who live only for business and profits. Nations are being weakened, land sold off, their people hurt by it, and it has a cause. A cause that comes from above the people, and is concentrated in the hands of our rulers. China probably thinks we are weak, stupid chumps, and are out to take advantage of the greed of the west, for they know just how powerful western greed is, and how corrupting it is. And of course, how to appeal to it.

14. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

That is what happens when your country has a trade imbalance. The country with the trade surplus comes in and buys everything up.

15. Adultmale

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...281573668?nk=90279dd3096be5b20f9c92711918df5f

It's not just China. Why the hell are our governments allowing ANY Australian land, especialy prime agricultural land, to be sold to foreigners? Do you think they will ever sell it back to us? The above article makes a very valid point, once upon a time to get ownership of sovereign land in another country you would have to invade and take it by force. No need to invade Australia, just walk in with your cheque book, the whole country is for sale.

16. politicalcenter

politicalcenter Well-Known Member

In Canada and Mexico you have to be a citizen of that country to own land.

Both OZ and the U.S. could have the same kind of law.

You can lease land in Canada or Mexico but you can't own it.

- - - Updated - - -

In Canada and Mexico you have to be a citizen of that country to own land.

Both OZ and the U.S. could have the same kind of law.

You can lease land in Canada or Mexico but you can't own it.

17. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

If you can lend money and collect interest, economically it is basically equivalent. The bank basically owns the land for you (since the bank holds a mortgage on the land) and gives you the interest.

The person who borrowed the money to buy the land is really like a renter in many respects. Although he may be slowly paying off the mortgage, all those interest payments are like paying rent.

18. culldav

As I have stated in numerous previous posts. I seriously don't know why they just don't put the whole bloody country up for sale on Ebay.com.au and be done with it.

We have nothing left now, so whats the point bothering in keeping the crumbs?

Welcome to Australia - the country of powdered milk and can food. :roflol:

Really didn't take a genius to understand that one day this was going to happen, if we kept allowing those scum-bag politicians to sell all our land and resources to foreigners.

How does a country get revenue and taxes, when it owns nothing, and imports everything?

Simple logic; you can only sell an asset ONCE, but if you own it, you can generate revenue and taxes from it indefinitely. :roflol::roflol:

19. politicalcenter

What happens???? You have a government trillions and trillions of dollars in debt and approaching bankruptcy.

20. culldav

I know. These scum-bags tell us we are $360 billion in debt, but I think that's just the tip of the iceberg of the REAL hidden debt figure. We know how well they can manipulate figures and numbers to keep them hidden.

21. culldav

I really don't understand how the stupid Australian people cannot see, if they don't own anything, then they cannot collect any public revenue or taxes from their assets to fund their public departments, welfare or works projects. LOL

Where do they think the money to pay for all this is eventually going to come from - the money tree in the back yard. :roflol:

22. lizarddust

This goes for residential property in Australia. Foreigners can only purchase new houses, apartments etc. If land is bought, building must commence within 12 months.

23. lizarddust

Australia? Not really. Beginning 2014 Australia's government debt was about 300,000 million AUD.

We don't talk in trillions in Australia, only billions.

24. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

Yeap,
    and before his first term ends, Mr. Quick Fix (Abbott) might have doubled Labors debt....
    Regards

25. politicalcenter

When I was a kid in the U.S. most of the world owed us money from WW2.