'Who am I: 'Effete, puffed-up little yapping poodle'

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by Gwendoline, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Gwendoline

Gwendoline Well-Known Member

Christopher Pyne.

Government cuts 5% funding to ABC at the same time Pyne starts a petition for ABC not to shut its production house in SA. WHAT?! What a moron. It's his fault and fault of government in the first place!!

Anyway, I am enjoying the no-holds-barred abuse of Pyne on his petition. Of which the title of this thread was opined by one of the signers. Spectacular abuse which is well-deserved to this spectacular prat and his worst-in-history government.

Well-deserved abuse of Pyne here:

http://www.change.org/p/chairman-ja...st-not-close-its-production-house-in-adelaide

2. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

He's a nasty piece of work. Feel really sorry for anyone with a family member who has such a flawed character.

3. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

Signed the petition, thanks Gwendo....

You know, I am at a point where I believed it cannot get worse, but this terrible terrible government is teaching me wrong.....

If there is a God, then please help them disappear after their three years (of the most deceitful stunt) and never to return....

Regards

4. DominorVobis

DominorVobis Banned at Members Request

Oh it could get worse, much worse. If however they were to be reelected, it could get dangerous. By the sounds of what Turnbull said today, we cannot hold them to their word, just the opposite. He as good as said today that it was our fault for believing Abbott about the ABC not being cut.

See, it is our fault for thinking that it was the truth, holly cow, we should have thought, why would Abbott over rule Hockey and Turnbull. We should have known he meant "There would be no cuts to the ABC except those careful, sorry, very careful statements of deception, opps intention, made by Hockey and Turnbull" Silly old us ... chortle ... thinking the PM actually meant what he said, he has said over and over again we can't.

Even this sentence makes me laugh "Both Joe Hockey and I made it quite clear we had no plans to make cuts of that nature at the public broadcasters, but if there were to be savings made across the board, the ABC and SBS could not expect to be exempt from the obligation to contribute by eliminating waste and inefficiencies"
    A big but LMAO

An honest upfront statement would have been "If there were to be savings made across the board, the ABC and SBS cannot expect to be exempt from the obligation to contribute by eliminating waste and inefficiencies, but other than these cuts, we have no plans to make others."

If Abbott was honest (I would be a monkey's uncle... ooops sorry), if Abbott was honest he would have said. "There will be no cuts to the ABC except those outlined by Turnbull and Hockey. But unfortunately we do not have an honest government.

5. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Only 5% :(

No promise broken, all were made null when it was uncovered the ALP had been hiding the true depth of damage they'd done to the nation's balance sheet.

6. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

And I'll raise you the LNP increasing the national debt by 68 billion in the first six months of office.

7. axialturban

Can't stop a ship on a dime, and this ship was surely sinking under the ALP.... but I guess the impact of the ALP will continue for a bit yet. Which all makes it hilarious that people actually think putting the ALP back in power is somehow a good idea.... OMG <facepalm>

8. DominorVobis

:blahblah: :bored:

And ISIL wouldn't exist if the bloody ALP had not got us into such extravagant debt, I mean we could only afford to bet $800,000,000 on the Melbourne cup, and we wouldn't have been able to bet that much if we were still in abject poverty under the Carbonbull(*)(*)(*)(*) tax

9. m2catter

sometimes I think you are antiaustralian..... The ABC and SBS are institutions, in contrast to the commercial channels. Cutting funds means strengthen the Murdoch Regime....
    Regards

10. axialturban

Truth hurts don't it, that is what happens when you wrap yourselves up in BS, have to resort to sillyness.... its a FACT the ALP was driving the economy down fast.

11. DominorVobis

Baby, you think we were in debt due to Labor, I will say this, when Abbott is finished, this country will be much worse off financially.

12. m2catter

That must be seen on context.

The Howard era was special, as more money was coming in then anyone could have anticipated. It was easy for that government, to pay of debt. That era however wasn't founded on the greatness of Howard, but due to the fact that China needed lots of commodities and payed us well.

When Labor started, the downturn in China's growth had already kicked in, in addition the WFC didn't help. Could Gillard/Rudd could have performed better? Yes they could, but easy said in hindsight.
    Now the Abbott government faces the same problem, but tries to make it look like Labor's responsibility. That is coward, wrong, and deceitful.

Howard was the major error in our future (as is Abbott), as they both fail(ed) to look 30 years ahead, and give us a proper well balanced future. On this planet, a future cannot be reached by selling coal to poorer countries, it cannot be reached by stopping war refugees to settle in Australia, and it cannot be reached by creating lies and fear.

It is also silly to believe in helping others out in any future war will guarantee our safe future.

We have entered real dire straights....
    Regards

13. efjay

efjay Well-Known Member

A yet when abuse was so very rightfully directed at that criminal failure of a PM gillard you were all up in arms saying we should show respect.
    WOW.... The double standards....

14. axialturban

That the ALP hasn't changed in the slightest? So you admit things got tough, but attack the LNP when they try to make things more fiscally sound.....

All they do (Shorten et al) is promote popularist type agenda's which Rudd/Gillard proved were wasteful and destructive. Watch them, its all BS from the left. At least the right try to cut costs and force efficiencies into the APS.

Yes the global circumstances changed, and yes the ALP made wrong decisions in response to it, but their whole ideology and performance is so much more counterproductive then what the LNP gets attacked for...... trying to cut expenditure into waste and streamline required systems.

It's the same old union trained 'protect the workers at any cost' irregardless if the business collapse in the meantime - because its popular and gets them votes, while a business collapsing can be blamed on someone/thing else; regulation, directors, banks etc. The only solution the ALP has ever had is to increase the public service, which is a huge mistake as it increases inefficiency exponentially. If you've ever worked in any of the federal public service's entities you'd know exactly what I mean. If the ALP get back in during the next 6 years it's going to be serious problems for Australia, but being a democracy, a popularist approach will likely get traction.... since most people cannot even budget their own balance sheet let alone understand what sort of measures and approaches are required in business.

15. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

Perhaps the pain will be worth it. There has been a myth peddled by the establishment, of which the mainstream media is part, that the Coalition was good at governing, at managing the national economy. That myth has been whittled down so that now any clear-minded person realises that the Coalition rules to benefit big business and the rural sector (via the Nationals). While it was kept hidden they could get away with lying about it, but under Abbott the truth is out for all but the ideologically blind to see. There has been so much mistreatment of non-big business people under the Abbott regime that I doubt even the most one-eyed, read aloud with a finger under each letter, reader of the Daily Telegraph will work it out.

The blatant lies. The blatant support for the well-to-do and big business. The attack on the defenceless and their perceived ideological enemies by the Abbott government has been so spectacularly executed that I doubt if the conservatives will be able to form government for another three terms (unless another Rudd comes along) after the next federal election which it will lose.

If I'm wrong and the Tories are back in then stuff it, I'm going to have to go somewhere else to live, reluctantly.

16. m2catter

And that is where we differ tremendously, the ideology of the ALP is a long term good, while the nasty piece of yesteryear Abbott is trying for the Quick Fix. Even his counterparts in Europe are shaking their heads in disbelieve....

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/uk-tories-slam-tony-abbott-on-climate-policy/ar-BBeQHyp

Anyway, only two years left....
    Regards

17. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

Under the LNP, the living standards are becoming intolerable, but I have no faith in the ALP turning things around.

The ALP & LNP are the left and right arms of the SAME twisted & distorted political body.

As you suggested, "reluctantly" we have also lately been seriously considering reuniting with our children in their grandmothers homeland. My wife has went so far in saying that Australia is about to turn into a crap-hole, and that we should sell up and move permanently.

18. Diuretic

The ALP has a chance to distinguish itself from the coalition next election. But the big end of town will still have sway.

19. DominorVobis

Looks like we're not the only ones that think Abbott is a dangerous man. Oh by we I do exclude the few here that belive Abbott is our Saviour and will lift us all out of the poverty of the terrible debt Labor left us in. We will have nothing, everything will be sold off. No jobs and no future, but that's not the issue.

20. Diuretic

I might come back for the rebuilding phase though. This is a wonderful country, been very good to me, I can't turn my back.

21. Gwendoline

It wouldn't be a very far stretch to think the government wants some payback and retribution for the bias it claims / and for the way they sometimes squirm when interviewed on the ABC. I mean, Hockey post-budget on the 7.30 Report really had no place to hide. An uncomfortable interview for him and visibly angry about it. But that's what journalism is for, to be direct, to confront and to get true answers from the 'unwilling to be truthful' politicians. No doubt Joe pulled the cigar out and danced round the table over the 5% cut to ABC. Their attacks on the disadvantaged, the public broadcaster/s, whipping up divisiveness in our multicultural communities, the smug, out-of-touch nonsense they peddle. Half the trouble (or more) with this government is that they have no idea how people actually live and what struggles they face. The concept of a $7 co-payment, a glaring example of the negligence and total ignorance of this government. To try to get $7 from a pensioner who struggles to put food in their fridge instead of targetting the 'big end'. What wilful pigs.

I hate this government. Callous, dumb-headed, visionless. Before they do even more more damage with their wrecking ball we need to take a wrecking ball to them.

22. Gwendoline

I objected to the sexist abuse of her. >>>MOD EDIT Off Topic Removed<<<

23. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

He also sold off public assets like Telecom which raised a lot of money.

24. DaS Energy

DaS Energy New Member

The LNP are now rushing about blaming Abbott, Abbott is the LNP spokesman, Abbott lies are in fact LNP lies!

25. efjay

efjay Well-Known Member

Actually bud, the only ones "rushing about blaming Abbott" are those that oppose his government....not gis government themselves.
    But the MAJORITY of the voting public wanted him and his government in power.... Suck it up sunshine.