The Infidel by Bosch Fawstin

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Rainbow Crow, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

I'm going to bump Bosch Fawstin's comic book, The Infidel, here.

It's a pretty intense comic book. There's two stories going on it. Ostensibly, it's a comic where you have two Muslim brothers who react very differently to 9/11. One quits Islam and becomes the anti-Muslim superhero "Pigman", the other becomes the Muslim super villain "Super Jihad."

Then on the other level, the story is also about the author of Pigman. The author of the story is also an ex-Muslim who is arguing with his still-Muslim twin brother who wants him to stop writing the Pigman comic book.

Finally, there's a third level where the comic book is semi-autobiographical. If you read the guy's blog or watch his interviews, he's been on a lot of shows by now, you realize that even though the author of Pigman looks like him, I'm not sure if he really has a twin brother. Rather, his twin brother is a symbol of the Muslim side of himself, or what he was like when he was a Muslim. So he's sort of arguing with himself about it.

My favorite passage was:
    Ex-Muslim: "How easy was it for you to become a Muslim?"
    Muslim: "The easiest thing in the world."
    Ex-Muslim: "Exactly. Even criminals can become Muslims, so long as they don't continue to commit their crimes against other Muslims, they don't even have to stop being criminals."

Here's the cover from issue #2, you can buy the comic book on comixology or in many comic stores:
    [​IMG]