Galapagos absurd birth place of evolution

Discussion in 'Science' started by IDNeon, Nov 23, 2014.

1. IDNeon

IDNeon Banned

Galapagos is approximately 1000 miles from everywhere.

I've heard evolutionists come up with the dumbest theories of just how iguanas, turtles, cactus, and other trees got to the Galapagos.

Sure is more absurd than spontaneous generation.

Not only do iguanas and boars and other animals have to wash up on an island on some debris assumed to drift out to sea in some massive storm...

But they have to do it 400,000 times and be a beeding pair.

Rafts of storm tossed tree garbage carrying 800,000 plus of each animal type to each island?

Makes perfect sense.

Noah's Ark? Hogwash!

2. IDNeon

IDNeon Banned

Science (cosmology specifically) isn't science bro...it is total crap.

Let's examine an absurd assumption made by you right now.

Seas were lower.

By how much? Arguably a few hundred feet yes...but a few thousand? No.

The Galapagos was never connected to a larger landmass...the ocean around it is 20,000 feet deep.

What about the 400,000 volcanic islands in the Pacific all surrounded by 20,000 foot oceans?

3. IDNeon

IDNeon Banned

The Galapagos islands aren't that old...none of the Pacific islands are.

This is how science is really just elaborate myth.

To you pangea once connected all pacific islands.

Pure fantasy and doesn't even fit current geological models.

4. IDNeon

IDNeon Banned

So here we have first round

Creationist 1
    Evolutionist 0

To.summarize the bout.

Evolutionist claims shallow oceans let animals cross land bridges to 400,000 pacific islands.

When that didn't work

Evolutionist claimed pangea.

When that didn't work...evolutionist claims creationist just is ignoring science.

5. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

All civilizations have had creation myths which are just about as valid and relevant as evolution in the scheme of everyday living.

6. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Galapagos isn't the birth place of evolution.

How much did you pay for this degree? I hope it wasn't more than $15.

7. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lacking understanding and knowledge of geology and biology is insufficient excuse for such an ignorant and futile attempt at discussion. I believe there must be deeper reasons for this level of uninformed opinion...I am forbidden from expressing it here however, due to forum rules.

I does seem pretty clear though, that you are on course to set a new record for being ignored and ridiculed...good job.

8. cjm2003ca

cjm2003ca Active Member

i would advise you that next time you take sixth grade acience class pay attention to the teacher and not look up the girls dresses..you might learn something

9. CircleBird

CircleBird Banned

You're smarter than everyone who has ever considered this problem before.

You just blew the theory of evolution out of the water.

Scientests everywhere are running for their lives.

The vatican is throwing a huge party and guess what....

YOU'RE THE GUEST OF HONOR!!!!!

We can't thank you enough for your contribution to humanity.

Thanks again

10. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

Hmmm actually the Vatican supports evolution...contrary to common belief the roman catholic church has long been a supporter of objective science...

11. CircleBird

CircleBird Banned

I know, I was just trying to make a joke.

12. longknife

longknife New Member

If you are going to post tripe like this it is best that you do a bit of research first!

Darwin never claimed that evolution started there. It was his research into how isolation affected the non-evolution or specialized evolution of creatures as opposed to those who lived in un-isolated habitats. In fact his theories were based upon the idea that evolution occurred because of interaction and habitat.

The Bear likes this.
  13. IDNeon

IDNeon Banned

Right how silly of me. I totally thought evolution began at Galapagos in 1840 and like some disease started infecting creatures and turning humans into apes.

- - - Updated - - -

So how did Cactus native to South America make it to the galapagos?

Cactus in salt water dies from rot within a day....by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Hyuck hyuck.

So far no one can explain how any animals made it to galapagos.

So I guess Creation 2.

Evolution 0

14. tecoyah

It is very disappointing that I am forced to provide you with such basic knowledge....but her goes:

A long time ago in a place far far away.......

The Earth did not look like it does today. The continents we see in this geological period are a recent (by geological standards) occurrence. There was a time when many area of current land were connected, when water levels were different, when animals wandered all over and had little babies. Some times when the surface features changed some one these little babies got stuck in places their mommies couldn't get to....and they had to make their own supper.
    Over a really long time frame the little babies grew up and had their own babies. These new babies looked a bit different than the mommy that lived far away. The babies of the baby's babies looked even more different, and learned how to eat new stuff for supper. Eventually the Baby's baby's baby's babies looked so different that the first mommy didn't even recognize them when they came over for Christmas.

The Bear likes this.
  15. longknife

longknife New Member

From a simple Google search comes this:
    The rest of this can be found @ http://www.galapagosislands.com/blog/endemic-animals-of-galapagos/

16. IDNeon

IDNeon Banned

So you believe that if you are swept out to sea on a tree trunk your chances are pretty much 1 out of 1 that you'll wash up on an island...alive. and with a female mate?

How many times do people get washed out to sea.

Of those times how many of them cling to a piece of garbage.

Of those how many wash up on islands. .... alive.

Of those how many find a mate?

Your theory of cast away rodents riding hurricanes to islands thousands of miles away....

Is (*)(*)(*)(*)ing retarded.

Let me say it like a black man.

Itsa (*)(*)(*)(*)ing REEtarded.

Well (*)(*)(*)(*)ing (*)(*)(*)(*)...by your theory thousdands of people should be washing up in islands all overy the world from the Tsunami that washed 250,000 people out to sea like some giant flushing toilet.

I mean I expect to find the whole island of Sumatra smiling and relocated to Sri Lanka any time now.

Oh and I'm glad to know those hundreds of thousands of sailors who went down with their ships as they broke up in storms...yeah they all made it floating on garbage.

They made it to islands all over the world...and found hot wild sex too!

In fact...the whole island of tahiti was populated by all the Dutch washed out to sea in the great Hurricane of 1600s.

And why...Hurricane Katrina...there's a new island in the carribean called Katrina after all the people from that hurricane road their cars to that island.

(*)(*)(*)(*)ing stupidest...answer...ever.

Omg and as if humans didn't just have such great odds...I mean polynesians tell stories about how when a big hurricane would come, grandpa would just body surf out to see their neighbors on the next island.

That's how the polyenesians populated the Pacific by the way.

A big hurricane would come along and they'd throw themselves out on a toilet seat.

Seriously

Seriously

The idea that animals washed out to sea by storms randomly will populate all the islands in the world is an insult to all the brave men and women who challenged Poseidon betting their very lives against the odds.

Throw your dog into the sea..
    I'm sure he'll find a good home on hawaii.

17. longknife

longknife New Member

Are you truly that dense?

It never said that EVERY tree carrying a lizard reaches the islands. Over thousands and thousands of years,the chances of this happening may be slim but there's a lot of time for it to happen in.

And, if you ever bother to take a look using Google Earth, you will see that the islands sit on an interest sub-ocean structure that may have been - very long ago - land.

18. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Galapagos Islands are 8,000 square kilometers.

there is no reason why animals could not have found their way there hundreds of millions of years ago, when land formations were different.

no one has EVER claimed that life suddenly began there, and evolved into their current species.

such a claim, is a pathetic strawman argument.

The Bear likes this.
  19. IDNeon

IDNeon Banned

If an animal lives 10 years then 1 animal needs to wash up on an island every 10 years to ensure a breeding pair exists long enough to breed and populate the island.

That doesn't happen...

- - - Updated - - -

You claimed the islands once were attached to mainland. WRONG

- - - Updated - - -

It has to happen twice to form a breeding pair.

So unless your iguanas live for hundreds of thousands of years on a diet of dirt...then no

20. tecoyah

If I were a 5th grader...It might explain why I know so much more than you. Most of the land animals and plants are obviously similar to and related to those on the nearer bits of Sputh America. This supports the idea that they colonized gradually from there. It only takes one pregnant or egg filled female or one live seed to get started! Once they are there, selection and evolution in the new habitat, gradually change the populations so new species emerge (as anywhere).

The recolonization of the remains of Krakatoa after it erupted confirm this likely sequence. It is now covered with jungle and well populated with assorted animals. Species began to appear within two or three years and they were all from nearby islands.

The Bear likes this.
  21. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Because bigotry is acceptable when it is against Christians. Do a black joke now.

22. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

You obviously haven't heard of ocean currents. The Galapagos is in the center of the Humboldt current which runs from South America.

http://www.galapagosexpeditions.com/islands/humboldt-current.php

Part of the reason that I've heard theorized about the rapid evolution in the Galapagos is the ever-changing conditions there. El Nino (which slows the Humboldt down) is one of the factors in those ever changing conditions.

I've found that creationists tend to be ignorant of the full argument. they just know the pre-digested pablum that the creationist sites put out.

The other thing is that birds can go a long way during a storm. Cattle egrets came to South America from Africa during storms in the 1870s. The shortest distance between South America and Africa is 1600 miles. Since then (1953), they have spread north to the U.S.

The Bear likes this.
  23. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

The Vatican agrees that evolution is the best explanation for life on earth. You are showing your ignorance of recent news and older news back to the 1950s about the Vatican's views on evolution.

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/10/27/pope-francis-evolution-inconsistent-notion-creation/

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't funny.

24. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Do you feel that you have been discriminated against as a Christian? I never have and I spent two decades in the Middle East.

25. tecoyah

Yes...it would seem he is. He also has a potty mouth and enjoys using insult in the place of debate and argument.