US mute as Abbas incites violence

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Thunderbolt, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Active Member

By the way - I am anything but sure, that Rev. Wright's brainwashed disciple does not want an upsurge of terror against Israel.

2. klipkap

klipkap Well-Known Member

Hi Thunderbolt.

Robbins’ article (click) starts off by referring to “the unremitting anti-Semitism emanating from Palestinian officials”. Later he becomes more specific, when he writes “the president has not lifted a finger to pressure the Palestinian Authority to put an end to incitement to murder. Abbas incited people to murder Israelis?? OUCH!! Well that is anti-Semitism if I have ever heard it, and Robbins deserves kudos for exposing this evil deed by Abass.

But wait a minute. This is just SO unlike Abass, the ultra-careful diplomat. I need to check Robbins - something smells.

What invoked the wrath of the questioner of the State Department official? I had a stab at removing the veil of darkness by Googling “Palestinian Authority incitement to murder”. What I found was a quote of a statement by Israeli Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinetz to Christiane Amanpour of CNN.

Steinetz claimed on the program that: “Those two Palestinian terrorists were inspired maybe by ISIS.” What is that supposed to mean? Wait, here is something more interesting: “It was Abu Mazen who, two months ago, called all devoted Palestinian Muslims to defend al-Aqsa Mosque by all means against who? Against the Jews who contaminate the mosque.” Nowhere did Steinetz accuse Abbas of inspiring his followers to murder. Where did Robbins get that from?

Aha, now I see where. The CNN title of the piece is “Palestinian Authority President incited synagogue murders, says Israeli Minister”.

Seems like CNN is full of crap, not Abbas, and Robbins is a VERY superficial analyst.

Still, I looked further down the Googled “incitement to murder” list.

OK, John Kerry also thinks Abbas incited people to murder. No, wait a minute; Netanyahu told Kerry that “this is a direct result of [Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas’s] incitement". No incitement to murder is mentioned. Yet Netanyahu was reportedly warned several times by intelligence officials about rising tensions in Jerusalem being stoked by right-wing MKs and ministers visiting the Temple Mount, a source told Israeli daily Haaretz.

I am confused. Who was stoking the fires, Abass or right-wing MKs and ministers, or Netanyahu who knew full well that the pot was about to boil over?. And which Palestinian leader inciting folk to murder. Mr Robbins, please explain otherwise I am about to conclude that it is you who is being irresponsible.

But I only spent a minute or two on this so I would welcome proof that Abbas told his followers to kill any Israelis who threatened to enter the al-Aqsa mosque.

3. Thunderbolt

I won't debate with you any more.
    On any issue.

4. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Reminds me of when Netanyahu said that Abbas was incinting terrorism when Abbas clearly said he condoned the attack. Just ignoring what the other side had been doing and pretending like they don't exist.

5. Thunderbolt

Read this to learn, how Abbas "condemned" this massacre.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/187629#.VHN-5ivH3f4

And this to learn, how he "condemns" the terrorism generally.

http://www.palwatch.org/

And this to learn, how he denies the Holocaust

http://zoa.org/2013/01/10191162-p-a-s-abbas-reiterates-his-long-standing-holocaust-denial/

And this to learn, how he has been glorifying a senior Shoah perpetrator.

http://cifwatch.com/2010/11/24/what-the-guardian-wont-report-mahmoud-abbas-praises-late-mufti-of-jerusalem-who-collaborated-with-hitler/

6. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

meanwhile Israel keeps stealing more land and building more illegal settlements.

7. Thunderbolt

I am sick and tired to read ever the same.
    Would you like to tell something new ?

For instance

Or

8. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

You made this claim:"US mute as Abbas incites violence"

"In contrast to the other recent terror attacks, President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority issued a statement Tuesday saying, “We condemn the killings of worshipers at the synagogue in Jerusalem, and condemn acts of violence no matter their source.”"
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/world/middleeast/killings-in-jerusalem-synagogue-complex.html?_r=0

Now I have shown your claim to be false.

9. klipkap

klipkap Well-Known Member

Sorry that you feel intimidated.

But nonetheless, in that case, since you offer no defence, Robbins remains guilty of gross misinformation. And when that misinformation involves accusing someone of inciting MURDER, when no such thing was done, it is downright irresponsible and he should be keel-hauled. The Times of Israel should be more careful about what they allow. They already had to force an apology recently from one of their bloggers, and now another is stoking the flames in an incredibly volatile situation. Bad crap whichever way you look at it.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

10. Thunderbolt

First, read the linked stories in post 5 !

Second, read this one as well on his token "condemnation".

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/187788#.VHQoGSvH3f4

11. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

12. Thunderbolt

I told everything in posts 5 and 8, but you chose to ignore the truth.
    A pity.