Is Jesus more damaging than all the wars in world history combined?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by FreedomSeeker, Nov 25, 2014.

1. FreedomSeeker

FreedomSeeker Well-Known Member

Please let me know your thoughts on this line of thinking:
    If roughly 100 BILLION people have ever lived, and say 70% are non-Christian (so allegedly hell-bound), then roughly 70 BILLION will suffer worse fates (arguably), and for far far longer, than all the victims of all the wars on earth put together! 70 BILLION is a whopping 10 times the current world population.

So Jesus has a whopping 127,200% more victims (and they suffer a far far worse fate) than the victims of even Hitler, even if we claim that Hitler was responsible for all 55 million deaths in WWII. So mathematically, it can be argued that Jesus is far far worse than Stalin, the Jihad wars, Attila The Hun, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc., combined. COMBINED.

But if Jesus has a reversal of morality then Jesus could change his tune in a heart-beat, saving all moral non-believers from "eternal torture", just by snapping his allegedly all-powerful fingers.
    Question: would YOU do that, if you had Jesus' alleged super-powers? If so, then you can obviously consider yourself more moral than even Jesus.

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Didn't you know?

Death...is OUR fault. Disease is OUR fault. In fact, everything bad is OUR fault, even the state of the natural world (tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis).

And everything good...even our own kindness, charity, mercy, and love?....God gets the credit.

Works out rather nice for Him, huh?

3. FreedomSeeker

Yes, I've personally felt all along that Richard Dawkins was responsible for the deadly Aceh tsunami, and that crank was the cause of the last tornado. I say a prayer each night: "Dear Jesus, thank you for keeping me safe from all the earthquakes caused by Sam Harris and The Gays."

4. Finley99

Finley99 New Member

We're lucky.....if you really pisss him off he'll cover the face of the earth with five mile deep water. Oh I forgot.....he promised not to do that:

Genesis 9:11

"I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."

And about that time a whole flock of bird dogs flew over

5. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Moot question. People get reincarnated, and so in the end, all get saved. Otherwise god and jesus would be monsters and the creator of all things is incapable of being a monster. Earthly existence is just a school and you keep coming back until you graduate with honors. You are then absorbed back into the god head from whence you came. And then maybe it starts all over again, for god doesn't like being bored. Since it is himself that is being reborn, and the individual ego is an illusion, he is doing this to himself. No skin off your back, so why should you care what he does, plus, your ego, your self is an illusion to begin with. An illusion shouldn't complain about it.

So I guess if you don't want to keep making return appearances, with the suffering that we all endure, straighten your act up, die to your own ego, so that you might treat others rightly, and go back to being god. For until the ego dies while the body still lives, its countless lives, until you finally get enlightened.

I think Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism and the teachings of Christ all say the same thing, in this regard. Christianity got hijacked by jewish tradition and believes in magic blood. The clues are there in the gospels about this reincarnation deal.

6. FreedomSeeker

Not one person, not one "prophet", despite desperately wanting to prove to people that they are not just hearing voices in their heads ("from god") and clinically insane, has even in the history of the universe been able to prove to a jury-level what happens after death - or that supernatural things are actually real. Not once. Of course if they were moral they they'd love to do that, as they could then be the greatest and most compassionate person ever by steering us in the proper direction for after death. Also, none of the tens of thousands of invisible friends ever dreamed up ("gods") can do that either, because "gods" are no more real than Santa or fairies are.

You're too great to not let science and humanity be your guiding light, instead of magic and superstition. Embrace reality....your life will be better for it.

7. FreedomSeeker

A hip new atheist rock band with a funky beat.....

8. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

The problem is, people today, some of us, think that if something is not proved, then it doesn't exist at some level of reality. The nature of existence, which includes death, presents a paradigm in which what happens at death is impossible to prove. It is the same problem with thought, which is of time, being incapable of ever knowing the timeless, if it exists. Yet some form of timelessness has to exist, for when we die, time ends for us. So, there is a state that is not of time. This is logical. One generally compares death with just sleep, that analogy, yet sleep is a state of being, that happens in life. Unconsciousness happens to a consciousness. A living person goes into coma and is unconscious, as far as we can tell. Yet it is still a living organism in the state of being unconsciousness, which is not the total end of life, of the organism. So, unconsciousness is a state of being alive, but death is the total end of what we can see as life. So death his not only the end of consciousness but unconsciousness as well. Logical I think. A person in coma does not rot, only a dead person rots, breaks down, matter changing.

And so it is just impossible to know what death is, and comparing it to sleep or coma is certainly questionable.

Now to any brain to say that god, or gods, are simply impossible is nothing more than arrogance of an intellect. And it involves a great degree of pure intellectual dishonesty. It is not driven so much by logical thinking, nor rationality, but by human nature itself. That human nature that rejects, or accepts, while not being able to base it upon anything other than belief.

I certainly scoff at these images, fabrications created by the human brain of gods, or a god. But I do not ever say that such things are utterly impossible. For if they do exist, they would necessarily have to exist outside of time, matter, space. And be in a totally different dimension of reality. And since I am limited to time, I understand that time, the brain which operates and is a product of time, is incapable, or so it seems, to ever know anything that is not of time, space, matter. The measurable does not touch the immeasurable. And the immeasurable is outside and can never be touched by science. But does the immeasurable exist? Well, when you die, all measuring, all time for you as an organism comes to an end. And perhaps you are simply what the universe was a nanosecond before the big bang. Nothingness, which is a very powerful, infinitely powerful and pregnant as well. For if something came from nothingness, that nothingness, that immeasurable timelessness, is greater than the universe it manifested in a big bang.

I do not know. That is the only honest answer man can ever give. And those that say they do know, whether the atheist or the theist are just damned liars. That is just the fact of the matter. But that fact doesn't allow threads such as these, and so we must be entertained, and so the show must go on! LOL

9. crank

crank Well-Known Member

If you play their music backwards you can hear satan speaking Yiddish.

10. FreedomSeeker

Oh by the way, if I ever become a "god", I'm going to just kick back and lie on the beach AND PUT YOU IN CHARGE of the world by giving you my super-powers, not just because I'm incredibly lazy but also because I have a sneaking suspicion that you'd just get rid of Satan, just get rid of him once and for all, since of course you are more moral and caring about humanity than god/Jesus.

11. TheSteve

TheSteve Member

I can see where you are coming from here.

"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." - Jesus

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem." - Joseph Stalin

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." - Jesus

"Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless." - Adolph Hitler

As you said, clearly Jesus was the most evil out of the 3.

For the sake of argument lets say you can blame things like the crusades on Jesus. Do you put more blame on Jesus, Or the religious leaders who gave the command to slaughter? I have not read the story of Jesus on the front lines of the battles holding a gun, a sword or a bomb.

I am not what you would call religious, I am a person that leans on logic to define my existence though I do believe in a higher power. Saying that a man who was murdered for calling out for peace is more dangerous then the man who killed him is insane. If you deem it right to follow someone, and you make a mess of what he asks of you, then you are to blame. If you rob a bank we do not turn and punish your mother. You are to blame for your own fate, your own choices and what you do with life not the person you follow. You have a choice to say no, a choice to walk away.

12. FreedomSeeker

Great, so what if I say "no" to Jesus magic tricks, and his acceptance of slavery, and him sending all Hindus to hell, and walk away like you say......do I get tortured forever? If the answer is "yes", then can we agree that Jesus is not being as moral as he could be?

13. Incorporeal

Incorporeal Well-Known Member

Good food for thought... Must ponder it for a while.