12yr. old shot by police in Cleveland (another toy gun)....

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by cpicturetaker, Nov 26, 2014.

1. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

Younger and younger. Doesn't anyone give a 12 yr. old the BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT??? How many white parents have to have this conversation with their kids?? YES, WE PLAYED WITH TOY GUNS WHEN WE WERE KIDS!!! All kinds and we had no 'orange safety' plugs to identify them. My parents DID NOT have that conversation with any off us! These cops will get a hearing and be back out on the beat as soon as it is over and another black child will be buried. Ho hum, pass the biscuits please.

One of us': 12-year-old Cleveland boy shot by police remembered at vigil

Around 200 people attended memorial for Tamir Rice in Cudell Commons Park, waving signs denouncing police brutality and chanting No more murder!

Teaching our sons to be afraid is not the answer to cops who shoot children
    Tamir Rice family

Tuesday 25 November 2014 18.47 EST

The crowd gathered near the swing-set – not far from where 12-year-old Tamir Rice was shot dead by police as he brandished a replica handgun.

Around 200 people attended the memorial in Cleveland’s Cudell Commons Park on Monday night, waving signs denouncing police brutality, and chanting “No more murder!”

They fell silent when Tamir’s older sister, Taji moved forward to speak. Dressed in a pink headband and a black jacket, she clutched a white plastic bag containing cash the family had collected to bury her brother, who died in a local hospital on Sunday.

“He was only 12, he wanted to play basketball with the NBA, he loved everybody and if he was still alive, he would say thank you and he would love you all,” she said, her voice faltering as she spoke.

Tamir Rice, shot dead by police while carrying fake gun. Authorities said officers told Tamir to raise his hands, and shot him when he pulled the pellet gun from his waistband.

Witnesses had reported a boy waving a gun in the park on Saturday afternoon; the 911 caller said the suspect’s gun was “probably a fake” – though police spokesmen have said the gun’s orange safety tag had been removed, and that the two officers who responded to the call weren’t told that it might be a replica.

Authorities said the officers told Tamir to raise his hands, and shot him when he pulled the officers told Tamir to raise his hands, and shot him when he pulled the pellet gun from his waistband.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/25/tamir-rice-cleveland-boy-police-shot-vigil

2. JonathanBlu

JonathanBlu Member Past Donor

Don't pull a gun on police, fake or not. They will shoot you. And I don't blame them.

3. rangecontraction

rangecontraction New Member

The police acted legally.

End of thread

4. TheImmortal

TheImmortal Well-Known Member

So when those Mod edit,,flounder,,2bought him that toy gun or knew someone else had bought it for him... how much time did they spend with him explaining the problem with a gun that looks so real?

None? I'm shocked he got killed.... really.... I am.

5. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

You'd think people would have caught onto this by now.

6. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

I will tell you right here and right now with ZERO question. If one of my neighborhood kids was shot dead waving a
    fake gun, the OFFCER(S) WOULD BE TOAST! They're would be a 95% probability he would go to trial and would never get another
    job in law enforcement for the rest of his life!! But here's the most SALIENT DYNAMIC in my neighborhood! The lawyers in the neighborhood
    would LINE UP TO SUE THE COUNTY and anyone they could along the chain!
    All my fine Republican neighbors would NOT stand
    for that in my neighborhood. Bet on it.

You aren't kidding anyone anywhere anytime on this board about this subject even if you manage to FOOL YOURSELF!

I'M SICK OF THIS WHITE ON BLACK JUVENILE CARNAGE!

7. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

You'd also think police could apprehend a 12 year old with a fake gun without killing him. But yeah I know- way too much to expect.

8. TheImmortal

Let's see you walk up on a 12 year old pointing a gun at you and try to take it from him.

It's easy to say that until you're staring down the barrel of a .45

Big balls on the internet do not translate to big balls in real life.

9. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

No end of VIOLENCE by grown white men with BADGES on kids. (Oh well at least they aren't STRINGING THEM UP IN TREES. I guess
    that is something to be thankful for? Right??)

10. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

A fake gun? No problem. Shoot the kid in the leg or the arm. Do cops not learn to aim anymore? Why do we bother spending the money to train them if they can't even figure out how to apprehend a 12 year old with a fake gun alive?

11. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

White parents tell their children, BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN PLAYING WITH YOUR GUN IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD, a cop may think it is
    real and shoot you dead. Yeah sure, that happens.

Better yet! WHERE ARE THE STATS?? How many white kids are shot by police each year? Surely there are numbers.

12. Tahuyaman

Tahuyaman Well-Known Member

I remember that my Dad got me a toy pistol and holster when I was a kid. The first thing I thought about doing was to go and pretend to be a bad guy and threaten a police officer with the realistic looking toy pistol. Thinking back, I'm sure the police officer would have just laughed it off as a child's prank.

13. TheImmortal

You don't know it's a fake gun until after you get it from him. Are you drunk or something?

- - - Updated - - -

You think white parents DON'T teach their kids how to handle guns? Even fake guns require it when they look identical to the real thing.

14. Tahuyaman

They are trained to avoid pulling their gun unless there is a need to employ lethal force. They are not trained to shoot warning shots, or shoot someone in the leg. Real life policing isn't like it is in movies and TV.

Where do you people come up with this stuff......?

15. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

That's not the issue. The issue is that our police are -NOT- trained to protect the public. They are trained to take down perpetrators. This means shooting center of mass, to end a threat, real of percieved.

The second issue is that our police officers are now people apart. We don't have Carl Winslow anymore. No more street beat cops that are actually a part of the community. We have a highly mobile, highly segregated brotherhood who police and protect their own. They are in their own distinct social circles, and not at all involved with the public in a capacity as they used too.

Good ole fashion police work has been replaced with trigger happy bravado, a willingness to summarily execute civilians in accordance with their dogma, and an unwillingness to change.

Read Generation Kill. See how our 1st Recon Marines were told - "You cannot fire on them until fired upon." It is a stark image to me that the spearhead of our armed forces, in the invasion of Iraq, operates with more humane restraint, then the rogue fascist police forces of our municipalities.

16. leekohler2

leekohler2 New Member

Jesus Christ- it's a kid. It's called common sense. That's where we come up with it.

17. TheImmortal

So what would you suggest an officer do when a perp is standing there pointing a gun at him?

- - - Updated - - -

They play too much GTA.

18. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

Operate with some standard rules of engagement. If our military cannot fire upon a people we invaded until they fire first, why should the police be allowed to fire without warning, without first ascertaining the true danger of any given situation?

If our troops can't shoot Iraqis when we invaded until first fired upon, why should civilians of our own nation not be accorded the same dignity? Doesn't it speak to you that we treated Iraqi citizens with more respect then we do our own population?

19. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

If this is the best we can do then our best really sucks!

I don't care who you are and what your comment on a internet forum is... If this was your kid the last thing you'd be saying is " stupid kid shoulda dropped the gun when the nice police man said to"

If this was your kid there's no way in hell you'd shrug your shoulders and blame the 12 year old!

Folks that act as though any part of this is acceptable are simply cold hearted idiots who would be mad as hell if it were their kid! They'd be first in line for an expensive lawyer!

20. TheImmortal

Because soldiers have tanks, Kevlar vests, helmets, high powered automatic rifles, rpg's, armored vehicles, A-10 warthogs, air cover, gunships, aircraft carriers, mortars, etc etc... Furthermore they're not required to police in the same way. They can't just force the crazy guy with the gun to walk away at threat of being killed and let him go.

The police officer actually has to contact him, possibly arrest him and put him in jail.

These are portions of the ROE:

2.The use of force, including deadly force, is authorized to protect the following:

•Yourself, your unit, and friendly forces
    •Enemy Prisoners of War
    •Civilians from crimes that are likely to cause death or serious bodily harm, such as murder or rape
    •Designated civilians and/or property, such as personnel of the Red Cross/Crescent, UN, and US/UN supported organizations

------------------------------------------------

When someone is pointing a weapon at you or is told not to move and put their hands up and instead go for a weapon in their belt, you have EVERY right, whether you be a police officer or an army infantry to use deadly force to stop that act.

The card they provide for the ROE state this EXPLICITLY: "Nothing in these rules limits your INHERENT right to take action necessary to defend yourself."

21. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

They would APPREHEND a 12 year old with a fake gun without killing him--IF HE WAS WHITE. (It's called 'benefit of the doubt').

22. Tahuyaman

Right, the rules of engagement are really working well with the military isn't it? Soldiers have no problems with now huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe parents should be held more accountable for how their children conduct themself?

23. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

What does race have to do with this?

24. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

You are kidding only yourself if you think this is the reaction you would have if this was your 12 year old kid.

25. JonathanBlu

JonathanBlu Member Past Donor

Don't pull a gun on police, fake or not, in any neighborhood. They will shoot you and it will be justified and any judge in the country will agree.