Poll: Israeli Arabs Prefer Israel to Palestinian Authority

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Thunderbolt, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Active Member

The so-called "pro-Palestian activists" don't love the Arabs / Moslems at all, they merely hate the Jews.
    Thus they ignore the voice of strong majority of Israeli Arabs.
    Both Moslem and Christian one.

2. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

just because they prefer Israel over the PA, doesn't mean Israel is a perfect heaven for non-Jews.

3. Thunderbolt

Have I ever claimed Israel is a perfect State ?
    No, but it is much more better than other Middle East countries.
    And most Arab Israelis admit it.

4. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hey look at this

your link

5. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

Israel is not the Jews, anti zionism is not anti semitism no matter how advantageous to the Israeli Zionist cause such an association is.

The prohibition on Jews praying on the mount is set by the CHIEF RABBIS not the Muslims.

You're absolutely right in that many pro-palestinian activists do not love the Arab/Muslims but you do not seem to comprehend that it is possible to support a cause because the cause is JUST!. Where as it is possible to love the Jews or be a Jew and still support the Pro-Palestinian cause because the cause is JUST. In fact it is only when you leave your personal prejudices regarding race, religion or ethnicity out of the argument that a balanced unbiased judgement can be made.

6. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

so what's your point?

7. Thunderbolt

One more link

8. alexa

what I linked to showed that what was said in the article was erroneous. They do experience racism and only 9% believe they have equal rights. Not having equal rights is about the clearest sign of institutional racism there is. Hence what people say is correct. That said people usually do not stand up much for Palestinian Citizens of Israel, they much more speak of the total lack of rights of the oppressed occupied Palestinians.

Your other link

There is no date for the study. Please can you find it. There is obviously problems for Palestinians at the moment so if around 2/3rds of Jews notice that, then that is good. I was reading just yesterday that one third of Israeli Jews want the vote to be removed from Israeli Palestinian citizens.

9. Thunderbolt

I did respond to this

This study was performed in 2008, but the results did not change

2008: 77% of Arab citizens would rather live in Israel than in any other country in the world.

2014: Makladeh asked fellow Arabs plainly and clearly: "Under which authority do you prefer to live, Israel or the Palestinian Authority?"
    A full 77 percent of respondents chose Israel.

Source, please.

10. alexa

Fair enough but you do not understand how to read surveys and your conclusions mean nothing. What I pointed out was correct.

I still need the date.

I obviously cannot remember where I read it or I would have given you it. I am pretty sure it was near the bottom of some article at 972 but maybe not and I am not going to go through everything again.

However it is said also in this survey below

http://www.haaretz.com/news/nationa...ote-if-west-bank-was-annexed.premium-1.471644

Now that was 2 years ago and the situation is far worse than then. Hardly surprising only 9% believe they have full equality and extremely concerning.

11. Thunderbolt

Please.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3559045,00.html

Haaretz is (generally) infamous for its anti-Israel lies
    See
    http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=55

Do you understand, how to read them ?

12. alexa

The date is the 23rd June 2008. Things have got massively worse since then as you can see from the survey I gave for 2012

No, surveys given with details of who gave them etc are perfectly valid. You and Camera simply do not like what they found. Camera is an Israeli spin organisation.

Yes I certainly understand how to read them. It was one of the things I did when studying my degree.

13. Thunderbolt

One more poll (performed in 2014 as well).

Please, first read the Camera refutations of Haaretz lies.

14. alexa

see in only 6 years the number of Arab citizens who find Israel a decent place to live has gone down from 77 to 63. That is a massive drop in just 6 years.

In addition I notice the date is the 1st of June. That is before this summers hell including the calls for Death to all Arabs, the attacks on them and the campaign to make them lose their jobs.

15. Thunderbolt

Sorry, you appear to misunderstand something.
    The question, whether Israel was a good place for the Arabs to live was not asked in 2008 at all, but only in 2012 und 2013.

Judge for yourself.

A good story about this hell

16. alexa

Well spotted. Different questions. However the report you gave me you said was from 2014 and the date on this blog is 2014 so why are you now talking about other surveys than they one you provided.

It means nothing. No links. What is you point? I would think from what I hear that the Palestinian citizens in Israel would not be having a good time at the moment. You after all shot one in cold blood not long ago.

http://jfjfp.com/?p=66233

Yes, see below

http://jfjfp.com/?p=66330

I am going to bed now - still recovering from an illness.

17. Thunderbolt

No contradiction.
    The question whether Israel was a good place for the Arabs to live was asked in 2012 und 2014, but referred to 2013 and 2011.

See http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/187263#.VHeMnyvH3f4

A gunman attacking a police car with a knife and trying to stab officers would inevitably be shot.
    No matter, whether he is Jewish or Arab or somebody else.
    No matter, whether in Israel or in Great Britain.

Richard Siverstein is a paradigm of self-hating Jew.
    See http://cifwatch.com/cif-contributors/richard-silverstein/

He even openly whitewashed the Mumbai massacre.

I wish you a good recovery.

18. RiaRaeb

19. alexa

No gunman. Yes he banged on the police car in an agitated state with something in his hand. He never tried to stab any police officers. He ran away when they opened the police door. He was no threat to them. He was shot in the back at close range. He was then dragged like a sack of potatoes and thrown into the truck despite the fact he was seriously injured and needed immediate medical help.

The police however did say he tried to stab them. They also claimed to have fired warning shots. All though was caught on video.

There is zero likelihood this would have happened if he had been a Jew. It happened after your man in charge gave the all clear to kill arabs.

In Britain the cops would be in jail waiting trial for murder.

I never even knew he was a Jew!! Many Jews hate oppression. They hate it both because historically they experienced it and because they say they are brought up to help the oppressed. There is nothing self hating about empathy for your fellow beings.

I could have provided you without him masses on the firing of Arabs wanted in Israel. I did not know though about the cultural songs of racism.

You'll find him talking about your comments on him near the end of this video

[video=youtube;jkmC62HiCpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkmC62HiCpM[/video]

Many thanks :)

20. Thunderbolt

Have you watched this video at all ?
    Please try again and imagine the attacker being Jewish and the police officers being Arab !
    How would / should they react ?

Please, take a knife, assault the British cops in the very same way as this gunman did and then tell us how they reacted.
    If you don't fear to be immediately shot...

On these individuals there is a great "Jerusalem Post" story and a very telling picture.

Do you admit this picture is blatantly anti-Semitic ?
    Yes or No ?

21. alexa

Yes I have watched it several times to make sure what I was seeing. Indeed while doing so my initial feeling did change to suspecting that the police may have been looking for witnesses to shoot when they were watching rather than my initial impression that they were looking to see if there were any other Palestinians involved. I think my second impression is more likely to be the correct one. It was discussed on the forum and the video was watched.

The point now is, did you watch the video? Another Israeli here has said that his service provider blocks You tube from him.

[video=youtube;CC1PD119xmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1PD119xmE[/video]

The response would be exactly the same. It is against International Law to wilfully kill your own people. There are only two instances where it is possibly for a state to legally take the life of a civilian. One is under capital punishment and clearly that was not the case here. The other is when the person is an imminent direct threat to life. Again not the situation here. If you had read the link I had given you, you would have discovered that is what they were talking about http://jfjfp.com/?p=66233 Murder is murder no matter who is doing it. This came after one of your ministers had expressed his belief that it was right that people considered 'terrorists' should be killed - rather than facing trial being the implication which was taken to be approval of just killing Palestinians whether they be residents or citizens as this young man was.

Let's say it was a knife he was banging the police car with which looks probable. They could remove the knife from him and arrest him. Even I was taught how to remove a knife from someone when doing self defence classes and what is more once the police opened the car door he in no way made any threat to them. He was just trying to get away. He could easily have been caught given he was shot at close range. He ought then to have been arrested, the reason for his agitation determined, appropriate charges brought against him or appropriate mental health help given.

Further once he was shot in the back he should not have been moved till he was seen my medical experts. Whether to do that or not can make the difference between life and death. Instead the police who must be aware of this dragged his body along the road and threw it in the van. He died a couple of hours later. If the gun shot did not kill him, the treatment after the dragging along rather than getting immediate medical help may well have been the reason. On both counts the Israeli police are guilty of murder.

Only he did not assault the Israel cops with a knife. Who is is the gunman you are talking about? Like I have said it would have been more than within the police's ability to take the knife off them and he certainly was no imminent threat to anyone when he was murdered.

The only person who needed to have fear of being shot was Khir Hamdam. He certainly could not shoot anyone not possessing any gun - looks like the whispering lie is getting bigger among Israeli's. Next you'll be telling me he machine gunned half of Jerusalem before he was droned.

Really. He does mention propaganda against him in the J Post in this video.

[video=youtube;ClMHNw-9l48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU2Xd902w9u5_2oa7SH FSvZw&v=ClMHNw-9l48[/video]

22. RiaRaeb

No it is not blatantly anti semitic, it shows the relationship between the Zionist ideology and how that ideology created the Nazi ideology.
    I do not agree with it, I do not think it very good but that does not make it anti semitic. It is certainly anti zionist but considering the majority of Jews were anti zionist when Hitler came to power I doubt that they would of disagreed that much with it. And there are of course plenty of Jews who agree with the notion now.

23. Thunderbolt

You still failed to reply to my question

Any answer, but "Yes" (and just this one word) will put an end to our discussion.
    On any issue.

24. alexa

I told you I did not have time to look at something which looked like muck that I wanted my breakfast. I have now had a look. They are mentioning Zionism. Nothing to do with antisemitism and this is my last on this kind of tacky stuff.

25. alexa

I was eating when I answered you and failed to notice this. I very much doubt that you have anyone left to speak to on this forum except for people who agree with you. Anyway nice to have it confirmed that you accept the points I made on the real issues. ;)