Terminator Genisys

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by Panzerkampfwagen, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

[video=youtube;62E4FJTwSuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc[/video]

Looks like they're combining the first 2 movies for this sequel/reboot. Interesting way to explain old Arnie.

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued. It looks like instead of re imagining the entire franchise, They are pulling a JJ Abrams Star Trek trick and creating a new timeline so they can recast with younger actors.

3. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

im sorry, but what?

sarah conner knows about everything before movie 1,2, and 3 have taken place?

4. Panzerkampfwagen

It looks like T2 Arnie and T1000 are sent further back in time than they were supposed to, back when Sarah Connor is a kid so I would say that she is then raised by T2 Arnie.

5. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Hmmm, why does this seem reminiscent of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ?

But noooo, they can't just leave our favorite classics alone, they have to try to milk it till there's no more money to be made. :frown:

6. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

I apparently was one of the few people that actually liked Terminator Salvation. So far I am not liking Genisys albeit we only the one trailer and some plot elements to deal with. The only good thing is that Emily Clark is in it but since she appears to be playing a kid that means there won't be a Game of Thrones nudie scene with her. :frown:

7. Panzerkampfwagen

This is set during the same time as The Terminator and Linda Hamilton got nude in that.

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Salvation but it definitely wasn't up there with the first 2 movies. Have you ever watched the tv series that came out a few years back? It was an interesting take on the saga. Sarah Connor was also played by Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Cersei.

9. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

Yeah it was the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I avoided it at first but I finally was board one day and gave it a shot. It was actually a very good show. I kind of wished I hand't seen it though because the cut it after only 3 seaons and the finally was completely unfinished.

10. Panzerkampfwagen

2 seasons.

11. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Yeah, this movie looks like an interesting little project. At least it should be provide a novelty that the previous sequel films have failed to provide adequately.

Still, I think I'd rather they quit trying to tell and retell terminator stories and just do something ORIGINAL. This reeks of once again leaning on something greater to draw in viewers.

The original film was a work of art, and it told a very tight story that didn't leave room for changing the past or the future. The only sequel I would have liked to see to that film would have been one detailing the future war. Could have gotten a couple of films out of that, actually, one from the beginning to a nadir point, and then from there on to humanity's ultimate victory and the sending of the terminator and Kyle Reese into the past to go do what we all know from the original film they were going to do. Perfect trilogy.

Instead we have the gawd-awful mess that we do today, and it began with T2 and its time-changing dog doo and "liquid metal" cow pie.

12. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

BLASPHEMY. T2 is an amazing movie. How dare you insult my childhood. lol

This new T movie looks like it has great potential to disappoint. Probably on par with T3, but possibility a little better.

13. Durandal

T2, like a JJ Abrams Trek movie, is a fine dumb action flick that rapes its source material and throws logic out the window. Not my kind of film.

14. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

It was a good rape. T2 was on par with the original. I wish they had quit after that.

15. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

Oh my (*)(*)(*)(*)ing god dude. What the (*)(*)(*)(*) is wrong with you?

lol

16. Durandal

Nuttin :lol:

T2 is a good action film, but like I said it's not on the same level as the original Terminator film. I can't help it if you fail to appreciate that. ;)

17. Alucard

Alucard New Member Past Donor

It is now 2015 but the movie did not do well at the box office.