If you want independence this is the solution

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Xanadu, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Xanadu

Xanadu New Member

The Catalans and Scots and many other people want independence, but the way they are trying to accomplish that will fail. In the end Catalans will be more part of Spain and the Scots will be more part of the UK.
    In many nations in the world people want independence, but if you try to accomplish that via politics the opposite will be the result.
    If you want true independence from the system you have to stop communicating over politics, don't be part of a political struggle.

This is how it works.

Mass communication works like a virus, more and more people start to become curious of what is going on, and thus more and more people start to become part of a communications chain reaction. This proces will never lead to independence.

People have to start do the opposite of increasing communicating instead, that is stop communicating.
    Than the communication chains start to disrupt. This works as vaccine (to cure the 'patient') But there is a problem, that curiosity and fear cause a contiuation of communications, and sites like Twitter and Facebook help to amplify that process.

?

2. martin76

martin76 New Member

Catalans are Spaniards as Scots are British. Catalonia ALWAYS has been part of Spain... from time Tarraco (Tarragona) was the capital of Hispania... 2.000 years ago....Scotland was a kingdom. Catalonia never. Catalonia always was in all historical processes of Spain: Rome, Goths, fight against Islam, Reconquista, Empire etc etc.

3. Sixteen String Jack

Sixteen String Jack New Member

The Scots don't. They voted AGAINST it.

4. martin76

martin76 New Member

Catalonia and Scotland have nothing in common:
    1.- Catalonia is not subject of sovereignty, but Spain
    2.- Catalonia has never been a nation
    3.- The right to self-determination is applied to the colonies. ICatalonia is not a colony but a part of Spain.
    4.- Catalonia has never been a kingdom (Scotland yes). By joining Aragon, Ramon Berenguer IV was not king of Catalonia, but Count of Barcelona, Gerona and Osona, but no of Pallars, Ampurias and Roussillon. Scotland, for example, was a kingdom until 1707.
    5.- The involvement of Catalonia in Spain is very strong throughout history. Tarraco was the capital of Roman Hispania. Barcelona it was the Visigothic Hispania before Toledo.
    6.- The Catalan nationalism is very modern, after the loss of the Dominions in America, Asia and Oceania.

5. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

I support division of sovereignty in all cases, irrespective of the circumstances.

6. martin76

martin76 New Member

And what does it mean that support?

7. Steady Pie

Sorry? Perhaps you could rephrase?

8. martin76

martin76 New Member

Very easy: You wrote
    What does it means? Do you support the split of UK? USA? India? Spain? Italy? Russia? France? etc etc etc

Scotland and Catalonia have nothing in common.

9. Steady Pie

If a proposal results in a greater number of sovereign bodies - I support it. So all of the above.

10. martin76

martin76 New Member

So,. you say if the most of people of South Carolina wanted to split the Union.. not matter if 150 million american don´t want the split of the Union.. the matter is what think people in South Carolina, isn´t it? Maybe in Britain minority can impose to the majority...No me who criticize that choice .. I do not get into the internal affairs of Britain, Australia etc... In my country, the Sovereignty resides in the people as a whole, not in a group, but in total. If one Spanish region want to split the country must be voted by the Spanish people...not by a minority of the Spanish people...And that's not negotiable with anyone. If a group of fanatical nationalists want to impose an independent Catalonia, it should be a referendum in Spain and win that option. The Spanish people in Catalonia can´t replace the rest of the Spanish people... vote all, not a minority. Vote people in Catalonia, in Castille, in Canary, in Galicia etc etc.

11. Sixteen String Jack

Sixteen String Jack New Member

The Scots must be thanking their lucky stars they didn't vote for "independence" (which would really have been nothing of the sort because the SNP wants Scotland to be in the EUSSR). With the recent dip in oil prices the Scots will now be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. They were THAT close to being in the crapper, and we lucky they pulled away from the precipice.

Vote Ukip on May 7th for a better Britain.

12. lunecat

lunecat Active Member

Well I voted "NO" in the Independence referendum & I'll always vote "NO" to independence. I voted "NO" to a Labour instigated Scottish devolution too, but I lost that one, back in 1997 & Labour have lost too judging by the SNP vote that has wiped out the labour majority from Scotland.

There is no such thing as Scottish Independence, so long as they want to join the EU, which = slavery.

UKIP is the only choice for me, we must have a free vote on EU membership. OUT OUT OUT !!!!