Obama, Pelosi, and the others Made me Buy Guns

Discussion in 'Gun Control' started by Elmer Fudd, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd New Member

I never was much on guns. I had/have a 20 ga and a marlin 66 22lr from my much younger days of occasional hunting. Then I got to reading about Obama and his band of merry men and their attempts to make it impossible for me to get any more. The more I looked int what they were doing/attempting, the more pi**ed I got, so I found a nice range nearby and started shooting my guns. Turns out it is FUN.
    So, about 1 year later I also have:

a Remington 870 7 round pump that I keep loaded with 00 buck for any people in my house uninvited
    a Hi-point 9 mm carbine, with hollow points, for the same, and any feral dogs or coyotes that threaten my dogs and cats.
    a Chinese Communist 1957 assault rifle (7.62X39 mm) for just about anything- most fun shooting 2x4's and 2x6's to pieces on the range
    and a Briowning 22 LR pistol for fun

Also have a used Barretta 92s Italian Police surplus (9mm) in transit.

Hi on my "wish list" and M1 Garand :fingerscrossed:

I took a class, joined the NRA, and got my concealed carry permit.....

I did all this because that temporary occupant on the White House said I shouldn't be allowed to do it.

(Fips middle finger in direction of DC)

Long Live the Constitution:flagus:

2. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

So you realize that Obama didn't actually want to ban guns right? Just make them harder to get?

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd New Member

His actual agenda was limited by political/popular opposition, so gun control was the best he was aiming for. However, given the chance, he and his ilk would ban guns from the public in a heartbeat.

4. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Or maybe he could have gone about riding a unicorn. He didn't do it, nor was it his position, whether forced on him or not. Anyone could have told you that it was going to happen, yet you decided to buy guns anyways.

5. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

With "if you like your insurance, you can keep it" in the Whitehouse, how do we know what to believe when he speaks? He ran without a voting record in 08, so we assumed that the politics of where he came from(Chicago) is what he believed. He hasn't attacked the 2A because he is wisely choosing his battles, but that doesn't mean that he supports the 2A. Don't be naïve.

6. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I got a Daisy BB gun. Long live the Constitution. :machinegun:

7. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

I know his history only by bits and pieces I've read over the years. You are sadly mistaken.

8. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

"The President’s plan includes:
    1. Closing background check loopholes to keep guns out
    of dangerous hands;
    2. Banning military-style assault weapons and high-capacity
    magazines, and taking other common-sense steps to reduce
    gun violence;
    3. Making schools safer; and
    4. Increasing access to mental health services."
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/wh_now_is_the_time_full.pdf

Ban assault rifles, not ban guns.

9. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Because he's a politican looking out for his interesets. Lying does him no good.

10. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

Lying does US no good.

11. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Yeah. What I just said.

12. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

0bama is the king of doublespeak and he is not always synonnymous with the US.

13. stjames1_53

stjames1_53 Banned

bull(*)(*)(*)(*)!! EVERY politician lies................every last damned one of them are liars

14. Battle3

Battle3 Well-Known Member

obama wants to ban all firearms, he just has not had the chance. Remember, obama was Director of the Chicago based Joyce Foundation, the most radical gun ban group in the US if not the world.

15. Battle3

Total propaganda. Banners always move incrementally but no matter what "common sense" gun reforms they put in place, they always come back for more. Today a 10 round magazine limit is "common sense", if that was passed then at the next shooting the banners would be squeeling that a 7 round limit was just "common sense". And so on.

After Sandy Hook when Feinstein and company were saying they wouold not touch hunting rifles, the banner PR camps were already calling the most popular hunting rifle in the US (the Remington 700 series bolt action with a scope) a "sniper rifle".

- - - Updated - - -

LOL and LOL and LOL again, I can't believe anyone would actually write that, at least not a thinking person.

16. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd New Member

LOL,,, it sure hasn't stopped him, Perhaps you should explain it to him.

17. drj90210

drj90210 Active Member

This brilliant plan of "closing loopholes" also includes making a felony out of family-to-family transfer of a firearm, hunters borrowing one another's guns, and storing one's guns in a family member's house (such as when going away on vacation).

"Assault rifles" (which is a made-up term by anti-gun zealots) are functionally no different than any other semi-automatic firearm: Their only difference is their appearance (by containing a flash suppressor, folding stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, and some other features that do nothing to add to the gun's deadliness). By wanting to ban a gun that you arbitrarily deem an "assault weapon" based upon how it looks, you are effectively giving yourself carte blanche to just turn around and ban any similar firearm for any random reason.

It would be like the government calling a Honda Civic an "assault vehicle" with an "assault engine" and "high capacity gas tank" and then advocating to ban this car. If you owned a Nissan Sentra or Toyota Corolla, would you feel safe that the government couldn't just turn around and ban those cars as well? Of course not, because there is no functional difference between the three aforementioned automobiles.

18. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd New Member

Most banners and squealers havn't a clue what they are talking about. I actually heard a politician say the 10 round limit was good because it would "save" the 11th victim!!
    Now someone well practiced with his weapon and set on shooting 30 people in a crowded mall, how much difference would there be between 1 30 rd mag and 3 10 rd mags? four seconds ? six tops.....

Best one was a California lawmaker whowas asked how much good a nation-wide ban on high capacity mags would do, what with so many out there already. She said (with a straight face) that once they are shot they would be used up......She actually thought you use a mag once and then it is no good any longer......:roll:

THAT is what we are dealing with in legislators...

19. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd New Member

Kranes....can you give me a definition of an "assault rifle" vs. a "gun". Don't cut and paste from some website, in your own words......

20. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

He agrees with 0bama banning guns because they are scary. It's all about style and "optics".

21. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

AWB II changed the feature test for defining an "assault weapon" from two features to one.

Virtually banning all semi-automatics.

So no, you are wrong.

22. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

Assault rifles are already practically banned, not many people can afford $20,000 for an M-16.

Obama's platform clearly states he is is favor of banning firearms. You just quoted it.

23. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

And what is he calling an "Assault rifle"? The most popular longarm in the US, which is used in less than 4% of all shootings. This does NOT qualify for "common sense". It certainly does take the teeth out of the 2A.
    Same with the "high capacity" magazines. What his ilk are calling "high capacity" is actually the standard magazine for the firearms he means to TAKE from us.
    Niether you nor he are addressing imbeciles here. We know the end game.

24. Battle3

Absolutely true. At Sandy Hook, Lanza did not use up every magazine but reloaded when he could, cops found many discarded magazines which were less than half used, and he didn't come close to using up all his magazines.

Banners have no foundation in fact or logic, but they aren't really interested in public safety either.

25. OrlandoChuck

OrlandoChuck Well-Known Member

That is step one.
    They have to do it in increments.